alphaorionis

How long does it take to play / game length?

hi all, i'm thinking about getting into the game, but i really prefer games that are under 1 hour. For those that play often, how long are your games solo (one deck) and with 2 players? I noticed online solo playthroughs usually go for about 60-80 minutes, which is quite long ?, but this is with explanations and comments, so I just wanted to get a sense from the community here

Thanks in advance!

Edited by alphaorionis

Hello,

The standard time of a game is over 1 hour. Or at least on the 50 firsts. You really can make quick game, but it is only on solo and with specific decks. Otherwise I play approximately on 1 hour on solo, 1 hour and 15 minutes with two player, 2 hours at 3 players and 3 hours with 4 players. And you need to add some preparation (deckbuilding who can take hours but it is usually another game that is made days before, and scenario preparation who take at last 5 minutes.

Edited by Rouxxor

37 minutes ago, Rouxxor said:

I play approximately on 1 hour on solo, 1 hour and 15 minutes with two player, 2 hours at 3 players and 3 hours with 4 players

Got it, thanks!

just to confirm, the times you've listed are after the initial 50 plays right? as in this is when you are already familiar with all the cards effects and rules right?

7 hours ago, alphaorionis said:

Got it, thanks!

just to confirm, the times you've listed are after the initial 50 plays right? as in this is when you are already familiar with all the cards effects and rules right?

Absolutely right. But I tend not to play the fastest decks in solo, and in multiplayer it is not so relevant because there is almost everytime someone less experimented and we want him to understand everything that happen so we adjust to his rhythm.

Excluding deck-building, I can finish a solo game in under fourty-five minutes consistently (when I'm not turtling, of course).

However, two handed takes me over an hour, and three or four players could easily kick you over the two hour and-a-half hour mark. That's after you're familiar with the rules, cards, etc.

it definitely depends on the quest, I used to run through several solo plays of a quest in an hour with the early cycles, whereas the more recent ones have often upped the complexity, so they take longer as there are more things to keep track of, trigger and resolve.