Sign in to follow this  
Cubanboy

Can Ved (Tie Advance 2.0 pilot) forward zero stop?

7 minutes ago, thatdave said:

How about a 2 T-roll?  Or 5 K?  I like the versatility of this pilot.

I'm fairly certain that would be allowed, given the wording they used. Also a green 1 forward or a 1 turn? Or a 3K? He's going to be awesome.

Yeah, the people ragging on the TIE/x1 need to get over it. What it's missing in chassis is more than made up for in pilots, as the fluff would have it.

It also has to be the same difficulty level. This implies that the move MUST be on your dial so that you know what the difficulty level is in the first place.

Edit:

I'm now confused. Could you 1 hard turn with this guy by dialing a 2 hard? Or is it saying that because you don't have a 1 hard turn, you can't do one?

Edited by BDrafty

4 minutes ago, BDrafty said:

It also has to be the same difficulty level. This implies that the move MUST be on your dial so that you know what the difficulty level is in the first place.

Edit:

I'm now confused. Could you 1 hard turn with this guy by dialing a 2 hard? Or is it saying that because you don't have a 1 hard turn, you can't do one?

If you dial in a 2 hard you may execute a 3 hard or 1 hard as if you were doing the 2 hard. A zero maneuver as being asked is not possible as it is not a legal maneuver in a “forward” sense. 

Yeah, the one turn is great!  

8 minutes ago, BDrafty said:

Yes, you get the one turn by dialing the 2 turn then using the ability to drop it down in speed.  It will be very useful.

If only the (edit: on the dial) T-roll was speed 2.....

Edited by thatdave

9 minutes ago, BDrafty said:

It does not specify that it has to be a maneuver on your dial. It may be FAQ'd this way, but as yet it seems that you could do a red 2-Troll or a 1 green straight or a 1 white turn or a red 3- or 5-K.

2 minutes ago, ClassicalMoser said:

It does not specify that it has to be a maneuver on your dial. It may be FAQ'd this way, but as yet it seems that you could do a red 2-Troll or a 1 green straight or a 1 white turn or a red 3- or 5-K.

Yeah, I was reading it all wrong. It's a super good ability. 

54 minutes ago, thatdave said:

How about a 2 T-roll?  Or 5 K?  I like the versatility of this pilot.

Yes to those.

As someone who flew Juno a lot, it really is a nice ability. She (and suspect Ved will as well) just ran into the problem that there were few situations where bringing Vader wasn't the better call.

If Ved is significantly cheaper than Vader, he may get table time.

Just now, thespaceinvader said:

Yes to both of these, and this ability has gotten MUCH better with the Advanced's improved dial.

It's not that much of an improvement for the ability. Juno could already perform all of these maneuvers except for the Talon Rolls. If the ship is able to perform better in 2.0, it'll largely be thanks to the restrictions on arc dodgers, PS boosting and token stacks which kept Juno from being effective.

My boys have always wanted to do 4 banks with Juno. I don't think a stop has ever occurred to them.

A 4 T-roll would blow their minds.

Junos additional 1 fwds and 1 hards have always been a favourite thing of mine, she's a counterpoint to EU Vaders whooshiness. But the 2/3 T-roll sounds like a winner. Is Stay on Target back for 2.0? Dial in a 3 straight and profit.

Edit. If 2.0 happens for us, Zed will always be referred to as Juno.

Edited by Cuz05

2 minutes ago, Sasajak said:

Well we all thought Juno Eclipse was amazing.  Get used to disappointment.

But now she has Krennic to buff her Accuracy Corrector.... Get it before it's gone!

24 minutes ago, Sasajak said:

As long as Ved comes in cheap he’ll be fine. Unfortunately, the only useful information we didn’t have about the advanced (price) wasn’t revealed in the article today. 

10 hours ago, Sasajak said:

The trouble with Juno is the trouble with every pilot and upgrade that lets your reactively flex your dial: if you git gud, you don't need them.  Pick the right move to start off with, and you've got a blank pilot ability, congrats.