thatdave

SC range ruler colors?

As most of us know there are 2 colors of range ruler sets in the Store Championship kits - frosted orange sets and clear lighter orange/yellowish sets.  My question is:

Which color is for what placing?  

Obviously the fewer number of color sets are for the top finishers (top 2), but I've seen each color represented as top 2 sets.  Our SC kit had mostly frosted and a couple of the clear sets indicating the clear sets were for top 2.  I have seen the frosted ones listed as top 2 finisher sets too though.  

Are the kits coming out with different ratios of the colors?  Just curious - it could be that some other players are mistaken (I imagine someone would know whether they were top 2 or not), or they were able to chose the color of template sets they wanted (personally I like the frosted ones better, which works out as that's what I won lol)

Edited by thatdave

20 minutes ago, SabineKey said:

I’m not really sure which are intended for the top slots. In the SCs i’ve been to (including one I helped co-run), players were given the choice of which they got.

We just made the assumption that with the top 8 getting rulers and there being 6 frosted and 2 clear that the intention was for top 2 getting clear.  I don't know if the packet that came in the kit gave any guidance in that regard or not.  Nothing wrong with choice though.

On 7/23/2018 at 3:43 PM, PanchoX1 said:

our kit had 3 clear (top 2 and judge?) and 6 frosted. gave clears to top players.

On 7/23/2018 at 6:11 PM, hawk32 said:

This

On 7/24/2018 at 2:10 AM, CrippleCrit said:

We also gave the three clear yellow sets to the top 2 and the TO

On 7/24/2018 at 8:40 AM, GLEXOR said:

Same here.

This is what we did as well.  And yeah, there was a third clear set (as well as a spot gloss CZA X-wing without a placement stamp) that went to the TO.