Jarval

TIE Advanced article up!

Honest question:

Can Vader carry on spending Force tokens to perform actions i.e. more than two?

For example: BR>>*spend Force*>>Lock>>*spend Force*>>Co-ordinate>>*Gain Stress*

Co-ordinated ship which has already Locked now Focus>>BR>>*Gain Stress*

Is that right?

5 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

Vader's SO skillful he can still do 1e barrel rolls lol

I thought you could barrel roll in three positions... all the way to the front or back or lined up with the middle markers?

1 minute ago, ghotio said:

Honest question:

Can Vader carry on spending Force tokens to perform actions i.e. more than two?

For example: BR>>*spend Force*>>Lock>>*spend Force*>>Co-ordinate>>*Gain Stress*

Co-ordinated ship which has already Locked now Focus>>BR>>*Gain Stress*

Is that right?

We're not 100% sure yet how free actions will interact with Linked Actions, but we do know that Vader can spend a force per action for as many Force as he has currently got.

Posted (edited)
Just now, Sasajak said:

I thought you could barrel roll in three positions... all the way to the front or back or lined up with the middle markers?

sort of, the template must be placed at the center of the base, then you can go front, middle, or back.

Edit: Ninja'd by @thespaceinvader.

Edited by GLEXOR

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

We're not 100% sure yet how free actions will interact with Linked Actions, but we do know that Vader can spend a force per action for as many Force as he has currently got.

OK, am I right in thinking that he couldn't BR>>*Spend Force*>>Focus>>BR>>*Gain Stress*?

or Focus>>BR>>*Gain Stress*>>*Spend Force*>>Lock?

Edited by ghotio

Just now, ScummyRebel said:

So as I read Ved, he can use the 3, 4, or 5 template for his 4K based on what he wants, correct? The new maneuver doesn’t have to be on his dial.

Correct.

Just now, ghotio said:

OK, am I right in thinking that he couldn't BR>>*Spend Force*>>Focus>>BR>>*Gain Stress*?

He could not, for two reasons: 1, you cannot do the same action twice in one turn, and 2, you cannot perform actions while stressed.

2 minutes ago, ghotio said:

Most likely.

He spends force points to take another action, but does not have any text indicating he can ignore the "can't do the same action twice" or "cant do an action while stressed" general rules.

Just now, GLEXOR said:

Correct.

He could not, for two reasons: 1, you cannot do the same action twice in one turn, and 2, you cannot perform actions while stressed.

so at most he actually only gets 3 actions

When using Strom's ability, does the owner of Strom get to pick what card gets flipped, or is that the owner of the ship taking the damage that does that?

I think the card and the article indicate that it's Strom who picks.

1 minute ago, BDrafty said:

When using Strom's ability, does the owner of Strom get to pick what card gets flipped, or is that the owner of the ship taking the damage that does that?

I think the card and the article indicate that it's Strom who picks.

The card says Strom "exposes" the damage card.

3 minutes ago, Odanan said:

The card says Strom "exposes" the damage card.

Quick question then, is there anything in the rules that says the ship with damage cards can’t switch their order? I’ve never seen one and it would keep people cherry picking the best crit to a more random outcome.

1 minute ago, LordFajubi said:

Quick question then, is there anything in the rules that says the ship with damage cards can’t switch their order? I’ve never seen one and it would keep people cherry picking the best crit to a more random outcome.

What we don't know is if the player can SEE which card he will expose.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Odanan said:

What we don't know is if the player can SEE which card he will expose.

A lot of crits are expend action to remove though, some of the crits will be known.

Edited by LordFajubi

3 minutes ago, LordFajubi said:

It's typically bad form to change up the order of the cards. This makes it impossible to reverse the game state if there is a mistake. I've had people forget that they had to flip a card to be a crit (forgot they had a major hull breach or forgot they were rolling one LESS defense die). 

I'll admit, it would be a good Strom defense to try and shell-game your direct hit so he can't kill you from the other end of the board.

Storms ability isnt the only one that exposes but its the only one ive noticed that does not directly mention "Look at and expose" for some reason.

Which makes no sense to exclude that in his ability. It leads it to being random but it doesnt say random either. I imagine thats a flop and they meant it to be the same as the other expose effects where you look at them.

33 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

Vader's SO skillful he can still do 1e barrel rolls lol

“Never estimate the power of The Force... Force Suggestion directed at the art department.”

2 minutes ago, Vineheart01 said:

Storms ability isnt the only one that exposes but its the only one ive noticed that does not directly mention "Look at and expose" for some reason.

Which makes no sense to exclude that in his ability. It leads it to being random but it doesnt say random either. I imagine thats a flop and they meant it to be the same as the other expose effects where you look at them.

It's kind of all over the place. Thane Kyrell directly says you can look at and then expose. Concussion missiles says that each ship at range 1 exposes one of THEIR damage cards (owner of the ship on that one).