Smutpedler

1.0 fatuige

There's definetely some fatique playing 1.0. as few people have said that they aren't playing until 2.0. Well couple guys are finishing their PhDs too. But we are still getting to play every week. Havent really had any problem with lists as everyone are flying some kind of janky lists

And for tournaments it is showing. Can't get more than 10 to attend tournaments. 2.0 can't come fast enough :P

Edited by Hwarangdaem

I'm sort of tired of V1, I have a tournament coming up and other x-wing days, I'm trying to talk myself into playing. Am even feeling less interested in V2!

It's a bit like Imperial Assault, I lost interest because I just couldn't be bothered with keeping up with the Jones'.

13 hours ago, Koing907 said:

Kill Team is coming out this month. I'm more excited for that.

That is an exciting game, really a shame that I don't have the budget right now thanks to 2.0. Which I'm financing by participating in psychological studies. Maybe if I find some more opportunities for those...

here in Rome, Italy, X-wing miniatures basically died at January. Most of the pro player (the most abusive users of the most corrupter aspect of the first edition of the games, and the least loving of the setting per se) jumped out at the news of the coming second edition. Most of star wars lovers (who patiently attended new films too, and will be not included in the mainstream ranting this franchise has experimented) stopped playing tournament, and prepared for this time, when we are starting up anew with the 2nd edition, step by step. We have sent boys to the Gencon (good lads! mission accomplished taking Rome our kits!) and we are up to proxy what we need until september. It's like pregnancy. We are now at the first month of this new game.

Until now I have played about 30 match with six or eight different people. We enjoyed the new way of the things, the clean streaming of the rules, and the most far reaching and omnicomprensive development. The new people on the job made a complete and good work. We could only hope following waves do not screw it in power creeping...

If anything the game is just as popular in the UK (NW at least) since the announcement.

Our small local group of players are just using it as a time to goof around with different lists, but the Store Championships are still as popular as ever with a mix of jank and meta lists.

I’m having fun with the Reaper and 5 X-Wings until 2.0 - go so far as to say Wave 14 has been my most favourite since I started playing back in 2015 (2016?)

Edited by DashBarrelRendarRoll

4 hours ago, player2422845 said:

I am also in the mood of waiting v2. For fun, my friends and I play "no turret s 75 pts" list and we are having fun.

Don't want to troll, but is "fatuige" a misspelling of fatigue? And is fatigue common English now?

Sounds like a fun format 

And yes, "fatigue" is a common English word, though not commonly spelled correctly. ?

Definitely seeing this around here.  We used to have a fairly active Regional FB group and a weekly X-Wing night at the local gamestore.  To my knowledge, no one has played X-Wing there in at least two months. 

Here's where it gets more interesting.  I've been playing X-Wing since Wave 1, and over the past five years I've probably played in at least 50 X-Wing tournaments ranging from small local Kits to Worlds.  Since this past Worlds, I have not played a single game of X-Wing.  I figured "eh" I'll just take a little break until 2.0 launches.  But a couple months away from playing X-Wing has sort of convinced me that I don't really miss it much, and I'm quite enjoying that hobby time and mental energy being invested elsewhere.  To say nothing of the money saved: for the first time ever, I passed on an entire wave (I haven't and likely will not pick up the Reaper or Saw's Renegades).  For the first time in four years, I will not be playing the X-Wing event at Gencon. 

And I'm really not sure I miss it.  In fact, now I'm having doubts about sticking with the game and buying into 2.0 at all.  So what I thought would be a little re-invigorating break from the game to get me all energized for 2.0 has, in fact, killed all of my enthusiasm for the game and shown me that I'd be pretty content without X-Wing in my hobby rotation.  2.0 has certainly made some improvements, but what I've watched and read so far has not been enough to convince me that the game will really be drastically more fun.  A guy can only push toy spaceships around the same little 3x3 mat so many times.

Maybe this funk will evaporate once 2.0 gets closer to being a reality, but only time will tell.  I guess a new edition is probably as good a time as any to hang up one's flight suit, though.  Which is a surprising place to be, since a few months ago right after the announcement I was as ecstatic and pumped as anyone else.

Edited by AllWingsStandyingBy

11 hours ago, player2422845 said:

I am also in the mood of waiting v2. For fun, my friends and I play "no turret s 75 pts" list and we are having fun.

Don't want to troll, but is "fatuige" a misspelling of fatigue? And is fatigue common English now?

Yes. My spelling is terrible. My bad!

1 hour ago, AllWingsStandyingBy said:

Definitely seeing this around here.  We used to have a fairly active Regional FB group and a weekly X-Wing night at the local gamestore.  To my knowledge, no one has played X-Wing there in at least two months. 

Here's where it gets more interesting.  I've been playing X-Wing since Wave 1, and over the past five years I've probably played in at least 50 X-Wing tournaments ranging from small local Kits to Worlds.  Since this past Worlds, I have not played a single game of X-Wing.  I figured "eh" I'll just take a little break until 2.0 launches.  But a couple months away from playing X-Wing has sort of convinced me that I don't really miss it much, and I'm quite enjoying that hobby time and mental energy being invested elsewhere.  To say nothing of the money saved: for the first time ever, I passed on an entire wave (I haven't and likely will not pick up the Reaper or Saw's Renegades).  For the first time in four years, I will not be playing the X-Wing event at Gencon. 

And I'm really not sure I miss it.  In fact, now I'm having doubts about sticking with the game and buying into 2.0 at all.  So what I thought would be a little re-invigorating break from the game to get me all energized for 2.0 has, in fact, killed all of my enthusiasm for the game and shown me that I'd be pretty content without X-Wing in my hobby rotation.  2.0 has certainly made some improvements, but what I've watched and read so far has not been enough to convince me that the game will really be drastically more fun.  A guy can only push toy spaceships around the same little 3x3 mat so many times.

Maybe this funk will evaporate once 2.0 gets closer to being a reality, but only time will tell.  I guess a new edition is probably as good a time as any to hang up one's flight suit, though.  Which is a surprising place to be, since a few months ago right after the announcement I was as ecstatic and pumped as anyone else.

I've used the down time and sort of lack of real content to get more involved in the social aspect of the community.  I've talked to more people in the last few months in the community than I have in the last couple years.  

2 hours ago, AllWingsStandyingBy said:

I've been playing X-Wing since Wave 1, and over the past five years I've probably played in at least 50 X-Wing tournaments ranging from small local Kits to Worlds.  Since this past Worlds, I have not played a single game of X-Wing.  

And I'm really not sure I miss it.  

Not quoting your whole post because space...

First I felt a little sorry reading it, maybe because I got to love this game over year that I play it. 

But then I realized you must have had a great time. Being with it from the very start, competing at worlds - sounds like you have been lucky to spend all this time with this great game and it's community, and see it through until the game is complete before the restart. 

So in the end I feel happy for you, enjoy your memories. I hope you meet some nice people that will stay in your life after this episode. And I think that if you just stick to your feelings, being it putting X-Wing to rest or giving slit another try, you will be fine. 

PS: Hope this doesn't sound pathetic. This isn't my mother tongue so plz excuse if this was weird.

On 7/24/2018 at 2:23 PM, ViscerothSWG said:

I'm practicing saying 400/6. Maybe if we say it correctly at the start, we won't confuse as many people 3 years in.

100/3 = 200/6

200/3 = 400/6

100/6 = 200/12 = 400/12

It would be 200/6, the 100 stood for how many points in a squad, and the 6 stood for number of obstacles. now the points are doubled, so it changes to 200/6.

6 minutes ago, GLEXOR said:

It would be 200/6, the 100 stood for how many points in a squad, and the 6 stood for number of obstacles. now the points are doubled, so it changes to 200/6.

Incorrect. It was 100/3. The colloquial phrase was 100/6, but that was incorrect. You brought 100 points and 3 obstacles. Your opponent brought the same, for a total of 200/6. 

Points are doubled now, but obstacles aren't. The correct way to say it in 2.0 is either 200/3 or 400/6

Just now, ViscerothSWG said:

Incorrect. It was 100/3. The colloquial phrase was 100/6, but that was incorrect. You brought 100 points and 3 obstacles. Your opponent brought the same, for a total of 200/6. 

Points are doubled now, but obstacles aren't. The correct way to say it in 2.0 is either 200/3 or 400/6

The phrase dates back to when there were only 6 obstacles, and every game had the same six. The rule were each player brings three didn't come around till wave 5.

13 minutes ago, GLEXOR said:

The phrase dates back to when there were only 6 obstacles, and every game had the same six. The rule were each player brings three didn't come around till wave 5.

Incorrect since wave 5. And with wave 14 just released, it was incorrect for nearly 2/3rd of the life of the game. 

We have the chance now to get it right from the start. 200/3, 400/6.

29 minutes ago, ViscerothSWG said:

Incorrect since wave 5. And with wave 14 just released, it was incorrect for nearly 2/3rd of the life of the game. 

We have the chance now to get it right from the start. 200/3, 400/6.

100% in with @ViscerothSWG; and it's a hill worth dying on.  It was a point of confusion with noobs.  No better time to set it straight:

Standard is 200/3 or 400/6.  I would also vote for the latter, since it refers to the match/game as a whole, rather than 1 player's contribution.

Edited by Darth Meanie