Sign in to follow this  
n00bzilla99

Another Raddus and Profundity Questions

If I have Raddus and Profundity in the same fleet, and I equip Raddus to a Hammerhead Corvette, and have the Profundity off-table as my "Raddus" ship, am I allowed to set aside the Hammerhead so that it will deploy within distance one of the Profundity so that sequence of events occurs as follows:

At start of Turn: MC-75 with Profundity shows up.  Then Raddus is deployed at distance one of the MC-75 in his Hammerhead.

I cannot seem to find the answer in the FAQ, I know there is rulings about set-aside ships and commanders not having an impact on the game until they are deployed, but my thoughts are as follows, (please correct if wrong).

"Before Deploying Fleets" - Use Admiral Raddus to set aside MC-75.
"Before Deploying Fleets" - Use Profundity to set aside Hammerhead with Raddus on it.

Since both of these have the same timing window, I choose to use Raddus first, then Profundity.  Which I believe works.

My question becomes, can Raddus still be used to bring in the MC-75, since his trigger is simply "At the start of the round?"

If this has been asked before, I apologize, but I could not seem to find an answer on the search Feature.

If Raddus is not on the table, he's not in play to resolve the second half of his ability. And once the MC75 is set aside, it's not in play to set something else aside with Profundity.

To do what you've described, Raddus would have to be on a separate, third ship.

1 hour ago, svelok said:

If Raddus is not on the table, he's not in play to resolve the second half of his ability. And once the MC75 is set aside, it's not in play to set something else aside with Profundity.

To do what you've described, Raddus would have to be on a separate, third ship.

I understand the first part, not on table, cannot resolve entry.

But the second part of your reply  makes no sense.  Neither Raddus or Profundity has an in play trigger to set up.  All it requires is “before deploying fleets” so nothing can be on the table.

But I think that answers my original question, yes I could set them both aside, but I couldn’t bring them in. 

Edited by n00bzilla99

2 minutes ago, n00bzilla99 said:

Neither Raddus or Profundity has an in play trigger to set up.

There's a difference between "not on the table" (because it's before deployment) and "set aside" (because a card set you aside).

It's on page 7 of the FAQ - "During Setup, ships and squadrons that have not yet been deployed are in play, and their ship, squadron, and upgrade cards are active, unless that ship or squadron has been destroyed or set aside."

2 hours ago, svelok said:

There's a difference between "not on the table" (because it's before deployment) and "set aside" (because a card set you aside).

It's on page 7 of the FAQ - "During Setup, ships and squadrons that have not yet been deployed are in play, and their ship, squadron, and upgrade cards are active, unless that ship or squadron has been destroyed or set aside."

Yes, but both trigger before fleets are deployed, which means, they occur simultaneously, and not as part of a deployment.

But, I did go back and reread the section that you were talking about, and when I conferred with another player, we reached the same conclusion.  The second that you choose to set something aside, its equipped upgrade cards can not be used to set anything else aside.

So I guess that the answers to both of my questions are a solid no.