Sign in to follow this  
JadinED

The shroud of the dark side has... not yet... fallen.

The forum has become pretty doomy and gloomy over the past couple of months.  

As @stev wrote just today after Comic Con - "I asked about armada future and Intel is gen con with a big grin" - there is obviously a future for our favorite game... ?  

But shouldn't we rejoice anyway? Armada is great. It holds a very special place in my heart as, I guess, in most of yours. 

In the past year, the FFG production capacity for miniatures has been used to the fullest for Legion and X-Wing 2.0. So what.  

Have we forgotten the wise counsel of the old?  

"The fear of loss is a path to the Dark Side."  

"Rejoice for those around us who transform into the Force. Mourn them, do not. Miss them, do not. Attachment leads to jealousy, the shadow of greed, that is." 

"Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose." 

Chin up. Everything's shiny...

Edited by JadinED

1 hour ago, JadinED said:

As @stev wrote just today after Comic Con - "I asked about armada future and Intel is gen con with a big grin" - there is obviously a future for our favorite game... 

Halleluja! :)

1 hour ago, cynanbloodbane said:

See if you can get compromising pictures of Disney or FFG employees with influence over Armada content. 

Just in case. ;)

Especially ones of Rian Johnson, and Andrew Wilson.... we need to....remove them from..."power"

I would settle for an offical release in the normal place saying in a suitable starwars theme info coming on date x 

Would give people something to let lose on other than rants or poor jokes of armada being dead

I'm speculating that Disney has had a clamp on ffg saying much about armada while waiting to announce the clone wars return. It's the perfect time to bring in the venator and other classics from the prequels.

The lack of any word is weird, and somewhat frustrating, but look at the full picture.

FFG wants legion to be their number 1 minis game this year, along with a strong xwing 2.0 release. These two things cluttered up production for other games like runewars, which underwent an 8 month delay, which is finally over. Now that that's back on track the next game in the queue should be armada. Just my opinion, I have no evidence to back this up, but it seems reasonable.