Sign in to follow this  
oldtimer

Novella stock/availability

Please print more novellas or in larger batches as I can’t ever seem to find them in stock anywhere. I’ve even placed pre orders with csi but wind up somehow missing out. I assume they had more pre orders than product when it came in and so my order just sits until more arrive. I have been waiting since Jan for an order that contains ire of the void, and to fight the black wind for example, still not shipped due to no stock. 

This shouldn’t be a rare item. You got scalpers on eBay selling for 40 dollars. 

I wouldn't mind quite so much if the cards were made available somewhere else - but having some cards only (currently) available if you are somehow able to luck into a novella purchase is really irritating...

The concensus here has been that this was a test product (the first 5 novellas).  How quickly they sold out of each as they released, has realy surprised the community - and I have to assume FFG as well.

Remember that they have done similar novellas with Android (Netrunner), so there was precidence for expected sales.  However, those novellas did not come with promotional content.

Before those netrunner novellas, there were other Arkham & Android novels.  I expect all of it factored in to their original order.

The demand was overwhelming.  They had a second printing in for each of them quite quickly.  I expect these 5 to fill demand within the next 6 months.

A really good litmus test for what we can expect moving forward, is the L5R novella (which has a playset of 2 alt-art cards).  That product has not soldout (at least, not online).

On the off chance that you want to read the books, they are digitally available at both DrivethruFICTION.com and amazon.com for 3.99USD each.  Personally, I just wanted the cards, but have been very impressed with the fiction.

18 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Please print more novellas or in larger batches as I can’t ever seem to find them in stock anywhere. I’ve even placed pre orders with csi but wind up somehow missing out. I assume they had more pre orders than product when it came in and so my order just sits until more arrive. I have been waiting since Jan for an order that contains ire of the void, and to fight the black wind for example, still not shipped due to no stock. 

This shouldn’t be a rare item. You got scalpers on eBay selling for 40 dollars. 

So you are aware, FFG does not monitor or respond to posts on these message boards. If you have questions or comments, you need to contact them directly - which is provided for on a separate section of the website. Just an FYI. :)

It’s such a thematic game that novellas just make sense add the cards being not just new art but new content basically, and it’s no wonder they are so popular. It’s odd they are only reprinting the first novella and not the others that are more recent. 

Hopefully they’ll make more soon I might have to take it off my order if it’s not shipped after a year of waiting.

On 8/14/2018 at 6:48 AM, oldtimer said:

It’s such a thematic game that novellas just make sense add the cards being not just new art but new content basically, and it’s no wonder they are so popular. It’s odd they are only reprinting the first novella and not the others that are more recent. 

Hopefully they’ll make more soon I might have to take it off my order if it’s not shipped after a year of waiting.

Don't do that, Norman's novella, in my view, is the best one written of all five and the most thematic. His card is also the best yet. Of the others, Silas is next as an interesting relationship develops. Cards vary, but Carolyn is pretty good and Foolishness has gained value with the cards that have recently been published.

Carolyn is good? I've never tried her but to me she looks pretty terrible. Interesting deck building, but she still mailny looks like a guardian with no weapons and some splash cards from other classes, her weakness looks incredibly brutal and Foolishness... is that worth ever sacrificing several actions for?

8 minutes ago, Eldan985 said:

Carolyn is good? I've never tried her but to me she looks pretty terrible. Interesting deck building, but she still mailny looks like a guardian with no weapons and some splash cards from other classes, her weakness looks incredibly brutal and Foolishness... is that worth ever sacrificing several actions for?

Carolyn saved many a butts in my FA campaign... at first. But your right about her weakness. It is game-breakingly brutal, and personally Foolishness is not worth the effort to use in my opinion because of the fact that he takes an ally slot. Carolyn's stats are low compared to other investigators and it's probably trying to balance her giant card pool options. Since she is still restricted to 30 cards and no lvl'd weapons, I personally find her balanced enough without the horrible weakness and low stat totals. I could deal with the low stat totals if Foolishness didn't take an ally slot... but he does.

I have a sinking suspicion that I will have to wait until June of next year before I can hope to get the books that I missed.  Four out of the five titles are stuck in Reprint Limbo.  One title has been there since Jan 31

On 8/29/2018 at 2:43 PM, Turtlefan2082 said:

I have a sinking suspicion that I will have to wait until June of next year before I can hope to get the books that I missed.  Four out of the five titles are stuck in Reprint Limbo.  One title has been there since Jan 31

They’ll get reprinted soonish look on the bright side...The Star Wars dice bags have been “awaiting reprint” since 2015...maybe china ran out of the material or the string that ties them...or the Star Wars dice bag factory is on strike for better wages...or the image license expired...or they don’t care...or the rain in Spain falls mainly on the plane...or the plans were not in the main computer...or it all has to do with Thanos finger snap...or I have nothing else better to do then type or things...or interdepartmental communications has been horrible (sorry watching re-runs of Sabrina the teenaged witch)...or it has to do with Trumps tariffs...or it its due to X-Wing 2.0...or...next