Sign in to follow this  
Forgottenlore

Asmodee being sold?

From what I just read, PAI is a long term investment firm. Currently in a fundraising mode for their latest portfolio... which I guess means acquisitions? Asmodee's crazy growth was no doubt appealing. 

When I read private equity firm I was expecting a buy out and sell off piecemeal type of thing, but this sounds less scary than that.

Disney likes money, and FFG is good at making Star Wars money. IA, Legion, Destiny, X-wing, Armada... they practically print galactic credits. As long as 2.0 isn't a flop, I doubt they'd pull the license. And if the buyer thought they'd lose the Star Wars income through the buyout, I'd imagine the sale to look less enticing. 

*This is all obviously conjecture with no facts or research to back it up (except the Disney liking money part),  I just want to stay optimistic for now.

asmodee needs to be burned off the face of the solar system.  I ordered a tie reaper as soon as it was available and that ****** company sent my store the wrong merchandise 3 times.  I gave up and made an ebay purchase.

3 hours ago, CushionRide said:

asmodee needs to be burned off the face of the solar system.  I ordered a tie reaper as soon as it was available and that ****** company sent my store the wrong merchandise 3 times.  I gave up and made an ebay purchase.

Well when looking at the Corporate Food Chain Asmodee is like Activision which does not hold the money, Activision-Blizzard is higher and that is where the Stake Holders are (even though Activision has its own board who are VPs in Activision-Blizzard). 

Maybe not the exact same way the but the Owners of Asmode are Eurozeo which owns majority stock (>50%). Eurozeo is a European investment firm dedicated to buying small companies and sellign them after they got bigger. Likely this was the plan after the merger with Fantasy Flight Games and now that the C.E.O. of the merger (Christian T. Peterson) has moved on (as planned) it is likely selling time for Eurozeo of their new company that is now a dominating presence in its market.

But yeah business is a difficult thing to track and how much "hands on" will the new owners be is a thing of concern. Asmode already lost 2 I.P.s that FFG had agreements with.