FriendofYoda

Competitive in this meta

I really enjoy the 2 ship Rebel builds where each essentially operates alone. (Poe, Corran, Miranda, Norra, Rey, etc...)

Seems like Poe will struggle right now with all of the jam/hotcop around, so any ideas on a combo that might work right now?

What has been winning store champs so far this summer that I need to watch out for?

3 hours ago, FriendofYoda said:

I really enjoy the 2 ship Rebel builds where each essentially operates alone. (Poe, Corran, Miranda, Norra, Rey, etc...)

Seems like Poe will struggle right now with all of the jam/hotcop around, so any ideas on a combo that might work right now?

What has been winning store champs so far this summer that I need to watch out for?

Double Reaper Soontir/Whisper been really good lately. Five X-Wings have won a couple store champs here. Raclo + Vader another strong competitor.

I messed a little with PTL Super Dash w/ Kanan plus TLT,Bomblet,C3PO Miranda and beat 5 Xwings in a casual match. PTL Dash just dances around them. Gets a little scary at the beginning, but once they are all spread out and going every-which-way and in the rocks, then Dash has an easier time getting quality shots with just a single boost + dice mod. They had one nice round and got Dash to 4 hull left, then it was Super Dash time and he picked them apart.

If they chase Miranda, she runs a bombs, and Dash just tears them up. Versus Reapers, Dash shouldnt get touched by any of them except Vermeil, and even jammed, his 4 HLC shot will tear them up along with Miranda's TLT.

Might take it to a store champ in two weeks. With Miranda being 41pts, two X-Wings can survive and she beats them on points, so that is a plus when fighting that list.

On 7/20/2018 at 9:58 PM, wurms said:

Double Reaper Soontir/Whisper been really good lately. Five X-Wings have won a couple store champs here. Raclo + Vader another strong competitor.

I messed a little with PTL Super Dash w/ Kanan plus TLT,Bomblet,C3PO Miranda and beat 5 Xwings in a casual match. PTL Dash just dances around them. Gets a little scary at the beginning, but once they are all spread out and going every-which-way and in the rocks, then Dash has an easier time getting quality shots with just a single boost + dice mod. They had one nice round and got Dash to 4 hull left, then it was Super Dash time and he picked them apart.

If they chase Miranda, she runs a bombs, and Dash just tears them up. Versus Reapers, Dash shouldnt get touched by any of them except Vermeil, and even jammed, his 4 HLC shot will tear them up along with Miranda's TLT.

Might take it to a store champ in two weeks. With Miranda being 41pts, two X-Wings can survive and she beats them on points, so that is a plus when fighting that list.

How about Multi Spectral Camouflage on Miranda instead of LRS? I haven’t used that upgrade yet, but it seems it could help her survive sometimes. That would make 100p. Or is the bid important?

Corran/Dash has been around since wave 5, and is still fairly amazing. Be prepared to lose big to reapers (even though you could easily kill one of them in a round) and Kylo, but most of the rest of the meta will fold like paper over the power they can bring.

If you don't like how squishy Corran is, you can replace him with a fat Nym or a Resistance Sympathiser with maul/ezra/title/burnout slam and go for a jousting component.

32 minutes ago, Astech said:

Corran/Dash has been around since wave 5, and is still fairly amazing. Be prepared to lose big to reapers (even though you could easily kill one of them in a round) and Kylo, but most of the rest of the meta will fold like paper over the power they can bring.

Dash Rendar can handle reapers reasonably well, because with Lone Wolf you've got tokenless modifiers, and with Heavy Laser Cannon you can fight them effectively from long range. You're still going to struggle because of jamming, but if you've got a stock of tokens on Rey, you can move, focus (hopefully), burn off the jamming and lose your focus, then snag another focus on rey at the start of the combat phase.

But yeah - Kylo is more of a problem; anything which can find your blind spot is an issue, and the silencer dances like few other ships. I'm not sure what to recommend to deal with him.