SOTL

2.0 - Deluxe Wave Kits

Deluxe Wave 1 Kit - October 2018

Celebrate the first wave of X-Wing™ Second Edition starship expansions with a Deluxe Wave Kit designed to highlight some of the new experiences these expansions have to offer!
The perfect complement to the first wave of expansions, the Deluxe Wave 1 Kit contains 50 patronage cards to reward customers who purchase X-Wing products in your store, as well as a range of custom prizes to support three different events – a Quick Build Party, a Themed Tournament, and a Wave Championship. Each of these events encourages players to play with their new Wave 1 starships and explore one of the different modes of play made possible in X-Wing Second Edition. A special Wave Leader prize is awarded to the player who accumulates the most points over all three events.

The Deluxe Wave 1 Kit supports up to 16 participants in the Quick Build Party and Themed Tournament, and up to 32 competitors in the Wave Championship. You can combine multiple Deluxe Wave Kits to support larger events

Deluxe Wave 2 Kit - December 2018

Celebrate the second wave of X-Wing™ Second Edition starship expansions with a Deluxe Wave Kit designed to highlight some of the new experiences these expansions have to offer!

The perfect complement to the first wave of expansions, the Deluxe Wave 2 Kit contains 50 patronage cards to reward customers who purchase X-Wing products in your store, as well as a range of custom prizes to support three different events – a Quick Build Party, a Themed Tournament, and a Wave Championship. Each of these events encourages players to play with their new Wave 2 starships and explore one of the different modes of play made possible in X-Wing Second Edition. A special Wave Leader prize is awarded to the player who accumulates the most points over all three events.

The Deluxe Wave 2 Kit supports up to 16 participants in the Quick Build Party and Themed Tournament, and up to 32 competitors in the Wave Championship. You can combine multiple Deluxe Wave Kits to support larger events.

Deluxe Wave 3 Kit - February 2019

Celebrate the third wave of X-Wing™ Second Edition starship expansions with a Deluxe Wave Kit designed to highlight some of the new experiences these expansions have to offer!

The perfect complement to the first wave of expansions, the Deluxe Wave 3 Kit contains 50 patronage cards to reward customers who purchase X-Wing products in your store, as well as a range of custom prizes to support three different events – a Quick Build Party, a Themed Tournament, and a Wave Championship. Each of these events encourages players to play with their new Wave 3 starships and explore one of the different modes of play made possible in X-Wing Second Edition. A special Wave Leader prize is awarded to the player who accumulates the most points over all three events.

The Deluxe Wave 3 Kit supports up to 16 participants in the Quick Build Party and Themed Tournament, and up to 32 competitors in the Wave Championship. You can combine multiple Deluxe Wave Kits to support larger events.

Edited by SOTL

5 minutes ago, HolySorcerer said:

This lines up with what I expected for their release schedule. Nice to see it in print confirming my expectations though. 

Honestly, it’s slower than I expected. I was thinking they might manage something every month. 

11 minutes ago, Forgottenlore said:

Honestly, it’s slower than I expected. I was thinking they might manage something every month. 

Well, I’m also expecting more than one ship per faction per wave. Now it’s possible that wave two is exclusivly the other two factions, as you could easily release all of their content at once, but going forward I expect 2-3 ships per faction per wave. 

3 minutes ago, HolySorcerer said:

Well, I’m also expecting more than one ship per faction per wave. Now it’s possible that wave two is exclusivly the other two factions, as you could easily release all of their content at once, but going forward I expect 2-3 ships per faction per wave. 

So 10-15 ships per wave?

Just now, LordFajubi said:

So the patronage cards are just tallies for a grand prize and awarded over months? Anyone else see trading and ebay selling a problem for this?

I don't think so?  Patronage =/= points for the wave leader.

Edited by SOTL

15 minutes ago, SOTL said:

Christ, you'd be at Wave 14 by next christmas... our wallets can't repel buying power of that magnitude!

Our area also can’t handle that many events. Atlanta is flush with game stores, and pumping that many events will lead to burnout and folks not coming to anything even slightly less convenient than their home store. 

Man, I hope my FLGS participates in this full bore. He's not happy with the 2nd edition change. Feels he's getting stuck with lots of product he won't be able to sell. he's already talking about only having core sets and conversion kits and no new ship expansions. I think that's a mistake myself. And I don't think he ordered the season two GNKs. which would be a big bummer.

3 minutes ago, PanchoX1 said:

Man, I hope my FLGS participates in this full bore. He's not happy with the 2nd edition change. Feels he's getting stuck with lots of product he won't be able to sell. he's already talking about only having core sets and conversion kits and no new ship expansions. I think that's a mistake myself. And I don't think he ordered the season two GNKs. which would be a big bummer.

This is definately a concern and I’m sure he’s not the only one. Most stores around here have almost no 1.0 stock because the game is not very hot here period but there is one store with scads of stuff. I haven’t talked to that owner if he feels burned or not but it’s totally understandable that some do. I think your guys strategy of cons and cores is not bad for him but can be a bad call for otherwise new players.

Edited by LordFajubi

3 minutes ago, PanchoX1 said:

He should think about selling the older product at a discount if purchased with a conversion kit. 

1 hour ago, SOTL said:

So, big news 1 - it's clear that their store-level kits are going to focus on Wave-only content over what's in the conversion kit.

Big news 2 - Wave 2 for Christmas

Big news 3 - Wave 3 by Feb?!?  That's coming fast!

My wallet has just declared an intention to leave home & take to street begging....

1 hour ago, Forgottenlore said:

God, no, we don't want that. Look at Star Trek Attack Wing. They have a wave every other month. No time for proper playtesting with that kind of release schedule and it shows in the game. I don't want that in X-Wing.