Sign in to follow this  
Tallgeese

W:I Regional - Aldershot (UK)

When: Saturday 1st May

Where: The Games Shop, 6 Wellington Street, Aldershot.

Starts: 10:30

Entry: £10.00

Format: Constructed Swiss.

Prizes:

• A large “Regional Championship 2010”
banner.
• A special playmat for the winner of the
tournament.
• An exclusive “Regional Champion” trophy
Capital board.
• 4 Large 24”x36” uncut card sheets from a
recent expansion print run.
• 4 Large glossy art prints.
• 16 sets of Regional Championship-exclusive
Damage / Burning tokens for the first 16
registered players.
• 4 cloisonne pins that will serve as invitations
to an exclusive invitational tournament at the
FFG Event Center in Roseville, MN.

Grab a deck and head down to darkest Hampshire for a battle to tear the Olde Worlde apart! This isn't about factions, this is about generals vying for supremacy!

We are talking reservations now so please give us a call on 01252 311443 and make sure you get your place!!

ChaosChild said:

Well, as one of those 14 I'm looking forward to it. Now that I finally have a deck that works that is. gran_risa.gif

High Elves are going to get you...............gran_risa.gif

So who's signed up so far then, anyone exciting?

Having a working deck Rob that must a strange and unusual feeling.  gui%C3%B1o.gif

Going to be in Aldershot on the Friday afternoon / evening if anyone is around for a few warm up games and beer.

ChaosChild said:

tearmat said:

Having a working deck Rob that must a strange and unusual feeling.  gui%C3%B1o.gif

As I write this, I'm looking up at the picture I won for beating you at Warcry last year. lengua.gif

What can i say it would rude for a tournament organiser to win all his own events.... plus those multiplying  / recurring demons keep getting in the bloody way.. ggrrrrrrr      llorando.gif         Looking forward to catching up in a couple of weeks. Let me know if your Aldershot on the Friday evening.

tearmat said:

Going to be in Aldershot on the Friday afternoon / evening if anyone is around for a few warm up games and beer.

I have the joys of being at work until about 11 that day. Plus, not content with running W:I Regional I'm also running a YuGiOh pre-release at the same time, yay for timing issues. Swift half after the regional and maybe a bit of Chinese?

Well as i am coming along way and leaving at silly O'clock to get to you for regionals i hope you have a Starbucks or something near by.

ah i used to play Yu-gi-oh when i was in my teens lol. its a good game though it was ruined by the beardy decks and one turn winners.

Looking forward to a good few rounds of WI and try to get middle of the ranking table lol.

Better start sorting my regional deck out hehe... (what deck to build, oh what deck to build!)

YN

Yaminoire said:

Well as i am coming along way and leaving at silly O'clock to get to you for regionals i hope you have a Starbucks or something near by.

ah i used to play Yu-gi-oh when i was in my teens lol. its a good game though it was ruined by the beardy decks and one turn winners.

Looking forward to a good few rounds of WI and try to get middle of the ranking table lol.

Better start sorting my regional deck out hehe... (what deck to build, oh what deck to build!)

YN

There is a Costa straight across from the shop fella.............gran_risa.gif

I'll be going from Crawley, if anyone is in the region, let me know.

Also, what's the best spot for parking? Last time I was there, for the launch event, I parked at the train station. Is there anywhere cheaper, and/or closer?

Another thing, Tallgeese, can we play different decks? Say I start with Chaos, and lose the first match. Can I play Empire afterwards?

Likewise, can I alter my deck, ie adding/taking cards?

Cheers.

Hmm, parking eh? You are probably best either parking in the Wellington Centre or High street car park, both are about 5 minutes from the shop. as for cheap, is there such a thing as cheap town centre parking these days? happy.gif

As for decks I'm afraid you are stuck with the deck you start with, sorry. As for side boarding, this game doesn't have a side board rule does it? So, at the risk of making myself really unpopular, I'm going to say a 16 card side board is allowed. I think a limit has to be put on it, otherwise people could just side in to a totally new deck. happy.gif

Tallgeese said:

tearmat said:

I have the joys of being at work until about 11 that day. Plus, not content with running W:I Regional I'm also running a YuGiOh pre-release at the same time, yay for timing issues. Swift half after the regional and maybe a bit of Chinese?

Scratch the chinese, well for me anyway, I have to shoot straight after the event, going away for the weekend...........

is there room for one more to join? keen to get out of London for a weekend (especially if you are going to come out to entertain on the Friday evening?!?!) 

Tallgeese said:

As for decks I'm afraid you are stuck with the deck you start with, sorry. As for side boarding, this game doesn't have a side board rule does it? So, at the risk of making myself really unpopular, I'm going to say a 16 card side board is allowed. I think a limit has to be put on it, otherwise people could just side in to a totally new deck. happy.gif

In hind sight 16 is a silly number, make it 18..........happy.gif

deejay said:

is there room for one more to join? keen to get out of London for a weekend (especially if you are going to come out to entertain on the Friday evening?!?!) 

Always room for one more and I'm sure certain people from birmingham can keep you occupied on the Friday night...........happy.gif

I am not entirely sure of my friday night plans but if I am free, I will come and meet you guys for a game. Good to have you back Deejay, I remember you from the first WHI constructed we did straight out of the box. 

Oy_mate said:

I am not entirely sure of my friday night plans but if I am free, I will come and meet you guys for a game. Good to have you back Deejay, I remember you from the first WHI constructed we did straight out of the box. 

Well I'll be in the shop until 11 pm, so if anyone wants a game I'm up for that......gran_risa.gif

Tallgeese said:

Well I'll be in the shop until 11 pm, so if anyone wants a game I'm up for that......gran_risa.gif

We'll be there late afternoon early evening to give you a few games and  before retiring to my luxary 4* hotel for an evening of pampering, spa. and drinks..... no premier Inn  for me...lol     cool.gif

tearmat said:

We'll be there late afternoon early evening to give you a few games and  before retiring to my luxary 4* hotel for an evening of pampering, spa. and drinks..... no premier Inn  for me...lol     cool.gif

Aldershot has a 4* hotel? I'm genuinely shocked, it's got to be in Farnham or Alton yeah?  happy.gif

Tallgeese said:

Aldershot has a 4* hotel? I'm genuinely shocked, it's got to be in Farnham or Alton yeah?  happy.gif

Of course Aldershot doesn't have a 4* hotel I've been forced to stay at the  Barcelo Basingstoke, its going to be tough but someone's got to do it..lol