Sign in to follow this  
Shokupanman

Legion Outriders interview Alex Davy and Luke Eddy

38 minutes ago, Yodhrin said:

Transcript/summary or not bothered.

I'm perpetually baffled that people like getting their info from video/audio, you could just read the information in a fraction of the time.

If you have a commute or something, it’s nice to have a podcast to listen to during times you can’t read stuff.

Or while painting, working on stuff in the garage, whatever....

47 minutes ago, Yodhrin said:

I'm perpetually baffled that people like getting their info from video/audio, you could just read the information in a fraction of the time.

i agree, give a short summary of the main points. If I have to listen to a podcast or watch a video, I do it at double speed to save some time.

2 hours ago, Yodhrin said:

"Yes, here is a short text recap, please don't listen to the interview we spent three months setting up and a bunch of time recording, post producing, uploading and marketing..."

*makes jerk off motion*

Edited by Shokupanman

2 hours ago, Yodhrin said:

I can think of no less than 5 daily situations I'm in where I can, desire, and do to listen to podcasts. ?

2 minutes ago, Starwarshockeyfanfl said:

I am still trying to figure out what Alex said at the tail end of the interview. Couldn't figure it out. 

There was a little audio dropout from the internet recording...but he said Rebel Melee.  

Not that that should surprise anyone.

The thing that really surprised me was when he said the game wouldn't be complete until Wave 3, which hasn't even been announced yet. (notwithstanding FFG said they were'nt doing "waves" per se.)

3 minutes ago, Shokupanman said:

The thing that really surprised me was when he said the game wouldn't be complete until Wave 3, which hasn't even been announced yet. (notwithstanding FFG said they were'nt doing "waves" per se.)

Looking forward to giving a listen when I get the chance! In the meantime... did he mean that there's still things that the game is designed from the beginning to have that won't be released until wave 3 (like the Operative Rank, Emplacement trooper unit type, etc.)? Or is it more about the number of options available (right now we only have limited options for each rank, and a 'complete' game would have multiple options)?

I'm assuming he doesn't mean that Legion will be 'complete' by Wave 3 in the sense of over and done :P

9 minutes ago, WAC47 said:

Looking forward to giving a listen when I get the chance! In the meantime... did he mean that there's still things that the game is designed from the beginning to have that won't be released until wave 3 (like the Operative Rank, Emplacement trooper unit type, etc.)? Or is it more about the number of options available (right now we only have limited options for each rank, and a 'complete' game would have multiple options)?

I'm assuming he doesn't mean that Legion will be 'complete' by Wave 3 in the sense of over and done :P

I think it more means units that have been designed, but not released or announced yet.  The newest RRG references wheeled and tracked vehicles, for example...and the original RRG references droids.  Both are things we have not seen announced yet.

wild speculation, but droids and wheeled and tracked vehicles sounds an AWFUL lot like something very prequel-ish.

1 minute ago, Shokupanman said:

wild speculation, but droids and wheeled and tracked vehicles sounds an AWFUL lot like something very prequel-ish.

Especially as there are canon wheeled and tracked vehicles from Rogue One and the mobile games for the Rebel and Imperial Factions. And both sides did have quite a few droids. Not that I don't want Clone wars/other factions to be added. Personally, that's what I'm hoping for in "Wave 3." is the addition of at least one more faction. 

7 minutes ago, steveisbig said:

What I'm interested in knowing is the 16 activation list that Luke mentioned. 

Must have included units we don’t know about, because there’s no way to do that with the current roster.

Would love to listen, but I can’t...  Looking after a special needs child and all, and then working in a warehouse environment where headsets are required for radio traffic.

Tgevither 3 hours of my day is sleeping.

i get to read while I’m keeping things quiet to not overcrxcite the boy ...

So, I’ll... just wait until I get a chance in a few weeks as to not diminish the effort that went into producing it.

This was great. Thanks for posting!

For anyone wondering if Legion will move beyond the OT, this is about as definitive as it gets...

”This is the Original Trilogy first, and we’re going to mine as much of that as possible. As we continue to do that then we’ll start to folding in stuff from the other great secondary material that we have. “

And then...

“We knew from the start that our focus was going to be Original Trilogy to begin with but that after that we would be able to expand in all kinds of different directions.”

Mentions everything from Rebels series to Solo movie.

3 hours ago, Gengis Jon said:

This was great. Thanks for posting!

For anyone wondering if Legion will move beyond the OT, this is about as definitive as it gets...

”This is the Original Trilogy first, and we’re going to mine as much of that as possible. As we continue to do that then we’ll start to folding in stuff from the other great secondary material that we have. “

And then...

“We knew from the start that our focus was going to be Original Trilogy to begin with but that after that we would be able to expand in all kinds of different directions.”

Mentions everything from Rebels series to Solo movie.

This was News I was stoked to hear.  No other armies I need to buy until the rebels and empire are completely filled out.

13 hours ago, Drasnighta said:

Would love to listen, but I can’t...  Looking after a special needs child and all, and then working in a warehouse environment where headsets are required for radio traffic.

Tgevither 3 hours of my day is sleeping.

i get to read while I’m keeping things quiet to not overcrxcite the boy ...

So, I’ll... just wait until I get a chance in a few weeks as to not diminish the effort that went into producing it.

Your life sounds pretty hard. I often listen to podcasts while doing hobby stuff (model or terrain assembly or painting). If I need to hear kid mischief I wear headphones on one ear only.

There is a lovely, warm, friendly chat in the podcast, some of the key points are:

- They will keep updating the rulebook to fix issues, cover was used as an example

- they are trying hard to make new releases alternative choices, not replacements for, stuff we already have. For example, there won't be another rebel combat focussed Jedi to compete with Luke any time soon. They want new releases to support alternative play styles.

- The OT will be the focus of all releases for quite a while, then they will expand. As other posters said, Rebels, Rogue One and Solo were all specifically mentioned as "other" sources. This was said to be an agreement between Lucasfilm and FFG.

- The next rebel release will be melee focussed

- They are drawing deeply on all lore, EU included, during development. They used Boba as the example, talking about only managing to fit in 6 of his canonical 14 or so weapon systems on his armour.

22 hours ago, Shokupanman said:

"Yes, here is a short text recap, please don't listen to the interview we spent three months setting up and a bunch of time recording, post producing, uploading and marketing..."

*makes jerk off motion*

Mature. Shame you put so much effort into making it but can't be bothered posting a basic summary for those who can't listen, luckily the community has stepped in to rectify and I can get the jist, and now I know not to ever bother with your stuff so great job on the marketing there bub.