Sign in to follow this  
TallGiraffe

Texas Star Wars Invitational

A community ran event initially for the San Antonio Community, now open to anyone in Texas! (Or out Texas) This event will be hosted at the Marriott Plaza in San Antonio for your favorite FFG Star Wars games with plans for Armada, X-wing, Destiny, and Legion. More details to come on the tickets and prizes. We have it planned for October 20th so if you want more details as they come, click the link below. 

https://www.facebook.com/events/1747678208661150/

1 minute ago, Ginkapo said:

Everyone was invited.... thats just a free for all. I'm not going if the plebs are invited too! 

Technically, they didn't invite everyone.

This invitation was directed to a sub-set of humanity, specifically those who frequent the Star Wars: Armada community forum on the FFG website.

Hardly everyone.

Hello, I created the event, and the title is just something I came up with.  I couldn't call it a Championship in order to keep it clear that this isn't part of FFG's official line up, though it is supposed to be competitive.

I have been inviting people in the Texas Star Wars gaming communities, and the event will feature X-Wing, Legion, Destiny and of course, Armada.  I help manage and run the Alamo City Fleet Command, and organize the Armada events in the San Antonio area.  This started out initially as an idea for an annual meetup for our group, especially since many of our members are military personnel and have since moved because of their jobs.  It has since changed into a state-wide event, where I've invited the gaming communities across the state.

If we're getting technical, I didn't invite everyone, but I hardly see a point in arguing the semantics of it.  Consider this an invitation for you if you'd like to come see if you can beat Texas' finest.