LithiumBlossom

Wars End (Clone Wars returns)

It's coming home!

After a years long fan campaign LucasFilm have announced the return if the Clone Wars series, promising to finish the series.

The little so far revealed includes finished footage from the left in-production Bad Batch arc and footage from the previously unseen Siege of Mandalore arc. Hopefuoky we'll get some of the other stories that were in production such as the Boba Fett arc ir the Dark Disciple storyline. 

We may even get an era book for the Clone Wars. 

1 hour ago, Ghostofman said:

?...so like... you wonder if the CIS wins the war time?

Nope. I'm just not terribly interested in filling more space right before Episode III. If they had instead opted to do a bit of the clean-up in the days/weeks/months that followed Episode III, I would have been far more interested.

5 minutes ago, HappyDaze said:

Nope. I'm just not terribly interested in filling more space right before Episode III. If they had instead opted to do a bit of the clean-up in the days/weeks/months that followed Episode III, I would have been far more interested.

Ah...

While I don't disagree in the least that there could be some fun tales to tell in that period, "Star Reconstruction" doesn't have as nice a ring to it...

54 minutes ago, Ghostofman said:

Ah...

While I don't disagree in the least that there could be some fun tales to tell in that period, "Star Reconstruction" doesn't have as nice a ring to it...

There is clearly quite a bit war left after Revenge, we see some of it in Solo. Just because the droid army shuts down doesn't mean all of the militias put down their weapons, or that the grievances they had against the republic just go up in smoke. More like gravel once the Death Star is online.

20 minutes ago, Darth Revenant said:

There is clearly quite a bit war left after Revenge, we see some of it in Solo. Just because the droid army shuts down doesn't mean all of the militias put down their weapons, or that the grievances they had against the republic just go up in smoke. More like gravel once the Death Star is online.

I don't think those fall under the category of Clone Wars,  though. 

If the stories are as good as seasons 3-6 I'd happily watch endless seasons.  The world-building was the whole point, that all the stories are set at the end of the Republic is irrelevant.

Anybody notice that the asteroid base is the same one from Rebels where the light-fearing beasties live?

3 minutes ago, whafrog said:

If the stories are as good as seasons 3-6 I'd happily watch endless seasons.  The world-building was the whole point, that all the stories are set at the end of the Republic is irrelevant.

Anybody notice that the asteroid base is the same one from Rebels where the light-fearing beasties live?

The fyrnocks. That's what I thought as well!

8 hours ago, Stan Fresh said:

I don't think those fall under the category of Clone Wars,  though. 

No, but they are wars and they take place among the stars. Meaning it doesn't have to be Star Recinstruction just because they move beyond the Clone Wars.

12 hours ago, Nytwyng said:

At only 12 episodes, I don’t think there will be much beyond what Filoni has said was already planned (Bad Batch and Mandalore for sure, leading directly into RotS).

I don't think it ever needed more besides what was planned there.
It's awesome that we get the basically missing content.