ravehnhuhrxt

SW The Clone Wars is coming back

Just announced by Dave Filoni at San Diego Comic-Con during a 10th anniversary celebration of the beloved animated series, Star Wars: The Clone Wars will be returning with 12 all-new episodes on Disney’s direct-to-consumer streaming service.

The announcement states 12 episodes. 

33 minutes ago, ravehnhuhrxt said:

Just announced at SDCC

https://www.starwars.com/news/sdcc-2018-the-clone-wars-to-return

So, this could very well be the catalyst to more X-Wing ships in the CW era.

LAART/i's anyone?

There are a lot of Clone War era ships and pilots to work with, however I would not want to see a LAAT/i, those are more atmospheric air to ground ships. But, so was the TIE Reaper/Striker, so who knows.

Edit: Well, Striker is more air to air, but atmospheric, anyways.

Edited by kris40k

4 minutes ago, dadocollin said:

Were those Z-95s shooting off under the capital ships???

I think this will bring Clone Wars to X-wing.

Yeah, Z-95's have long been Clone War era ships.

I remember someone running a squad at a system open that was a Sheathe-pede, an ARC-170 and a couple Z-95's and thinking that other than the pilot names, it was a decent Clone Wars era list.

Great! I'd love to see Clone Wars actually completed. Wonder if they will try to just do a 12 episode finale and not do the works that were already adapted to books, comics, etc, or if they will try to do the season 6 and 7 they were originally planning with this being season 6. Either way though, good news. 

And, if this has anything to do with X-Wing then even better!

I think that this is just what Disney needed to do to reinvigorate the Star Wars brand. After the way The Last Jedi split the fan base(not going into that argument here) and Disney's apparent attitude of not caring about the complaints of their core demographic(again not the place to discuss), the move to bring back a beloved show might just fit the bill. The Clone Wars fans have been campaigning for it's return for literally years, and many will see this bit of fan service as a bit of an olive branch.  It really feels like FFGs move to bring the Gunboat to XWMG after the community asked for it for years.  I am really happy it's coming back. Maybe it can fill in some gaps for Ashoka's story between the end of TCW and Rebels.

1 hour ago, PanchoX1 said:

interesting. I get the impression that it will have 12 new episodes to give it a proper ending. Has anyone heard/did they say otherwise? 

Probably only 1 or 2 “new” episodes. I think there going to finish the “lost” episodes (the rough cut ones that came out awhile ago) and then cover the siege of mandalore. (Where Ashoka, Rex, and maul were during episode 3/order 66), I would expect that to be the series finale and to be a 4 parter at least. 

Either way it’ll be fantastic! Time to grab your buckets, wreck some clankers, and finish the fight.

7 minutes ago, FlyingAnchors said:

Probably only 1 or 2 “new” episodes. I think there going to finish the “lost” episodes (the rough cut ones that came out awhile ago) .

Anything in particular giving you that impression?

52 minutes ago, Forgottenlore said:

I think that shot of Anakin walking with the clone trooper in black was from the Bad Batch arc, so if they finish that and the Utapau ones if so that eats up 8 of the 12 episodes. 

40 minutes ago, SteveSpikes said:

THE CLONE WARS (revival) will be on the new Disney streaming service.

That said, if I was on the fence about getting the Disney streaming service, I am not anymore. 

Not to mention the live action series will launch with it too so we will hopefully get two great shows at once. 

37 minutes ago, eMeM said:

Fantastic news!

And they won't be airing it on the **** Disney XD, so let's hope there will be no holding back!

I hope that means that we can actually show stakes and people being killed to have a larger threat there. I know the last season of Rebels was a bit neutered when they tried to show how horrible it was that Sabine's weapon was used against her own people only for no-name background characters to get killed rather than her mother or brother to get hurt. I don't demand characters die but if there was a time to do it, that was it to play up the horrors of Sabine's mistake. 

1 hour ago, Kieransi said:

I agree

I agree

COME AT ME HATERS

If they do I hope they are their own game and not compatible with 2.0. FFG could barely balance 3 factions in 1.0, albeit with points set in stone. Now we have 5 which will be very difficult to balance even with point fluctuation. 7 potential factions will be nearly impossible. 

Edited by Jo Jo

3 minutes ago, Jo Jo said:

If they do I hope they are their own game and not compatible with 2.0. FFG could barely balance 3 factions in 1.0, albeit with points set in stone. Now we have 5 which will be very difficult to balance even with point fluctuation. 7 potential factions will be nearly impossible. 

I think that this is untrue. More factions are generally easier to balance because it's easier to make sure powerful things are seperate. For example, now FFG doesn't have to worry about Kylo being broken with some sort of cheap Imperial mini-swarm or with an Imperial support Shuttle or crew. 

1 hour ago, Forgottenlore said:

The trooper in black armor with a red head band standing to the left of anakin is the sergeant for the “bad batch” commando squad (officially called force 99) from that episode. 

The Ashoka Novel pretty much flashback covered the siege of mandalore, so her standing next to presumeably Bo Kataan would seem to indicate this will be the story covered there (and series finale, where Filoni wanted to end the series originally). 

I just don’t think there’s going to be to much content that hasn’t already been covered by in some other form (mainly book). 

This doesn’t make many any less excited for it though. To finally have those stories told the way thy were supposed to... it’s a dream come true. I am rogue one levels of hype. You know how the story is going to end... but the journey there is going to be a good one.

I’m particularly interested in what was supposed to be a “top gun” style episode involving Rex that never made it to animation(but was finished story wise). I wonder if it will make the cut.

Edited by FlyingAnchors

Can we agree that the sleek pre-galactic-collapse design of the ships in the prequels is awesome? I mean, I get bored by Episode I and despise Episode II with a passion (mainly both for wasted opportunities, but also for the lazy and ineffective filmmaking)--despite being the proper age range to love them--but the design of the crafts are truly universe building in the Star Wars lore. Heck, the videogames, boardgames, and other merchandise--particularly that of Lego--were extremely enjoyable even if the source material was lackluster. I may not like The Last Jedi in my 'meh' attitude towards it, but I can highly appreciate how gorgeous the Silencer is, the aesthetic of the salt and crystals on Crait, and the shot of the Kamikaze. In fact, I don't parade around trying to ruin other people's enjoyment of it or its merchandise. I take what I can like from it and leave. I mean, that's just my opinion, man.

So please. Be mature. Let others enjoy the ships from the prequels. It will not give you cancer. George Lucas is not going to graft your head to the shoulder of Darth Jar Jar witnessing the attempted romance of two androids in front of various Windows screensavers.