Sign in to follow this  
Captain Lackwit

THE CLONE WARS: FINAL SEASONS TO BE FINISHED (OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT)

Unclear from either of the above how this meshes with the 'Clone Wars Legacy' storyboards posted.  12 'all-new stories' means...they are doing 12 stories and that's it?  Or 12 new stories + finishing production on the 'Legacy' stories already sorta/kinda-released?

I'm curious if they're finishing up the "Bad Batch" episodes plus new episodes equaling twelve or just 12 that we haven't seen anything from. There was certainly one of the Bad Batch clones in the shot in the hangar looking up at the ships. 

Edited by Frimmel

2 minutes ago, Forgottenlore said:

I don’t remember. 

The base with the cavein the trailer looks like the base Rex leads the ghost crew to in Rebels. Was that base previously in CW, or are they putting it in here to tie things more solidly into broader continuity?

I do not think that base is in Clone Wars 1-5 or The Lost Episodes and I don't remember from the unfinished episodes I watched on the Star Wars site I linked above. I don't think it is anything from seasons 1-3 of Rebels although it looks like the base with the creatures that have to stay in the dark. I don't think it is that base though. I have not seen Season 4 of Rebels yet (still waiting on the Blu-ray's at the end of the month so please no season four spoilers.) 

Just now, Frimmel said:

although it looks like the base with the creatures that have to stay in the dark. I don't think it is that base though.

That’s the one I’m thinking of. Why don’t you think it’s that base? My recollection may be off, but I thought it was a pretty good match. Thought of that base the instant I saw the one in the trailer. 

Just now, Forgottenlore said:

That’s the one I’m thinking of. Why don’t you think it’s that base? My recollection may be off, but I thought it was a pretty good match. Thought of that base the instant I saw the one in the trailer. 

I thought that base was more or less an asteroid in an asteroid field. I recall there being a big asteroid that was going to block the sun and make things bad for Hera and Sabine. This base also looked like it had a lot more space both leading up to the landing areas and in the hangar. 

1 hour ago, Frimmel said:

I thought that base was more or less an asteroid in an asteroid field. I recall there being a big asteroid that was going to block the sun and make things bad for Hera and Sabine. This base also looked like it had a lot more space both leading up to the landing areas and in the hangar. 

Just did a bit of research. 

The base in rebels was on a planet (Anaxes?) that later gets destroyed before rebels. It features in several of the CW scripts that were not finished before, and comparing pictures of it to the trailer it looks like the same place. So I think it’s safe to say it’s the same place.  Not sure where I got Rex showing it to them though. 

Edited by Forgottenlore

ki0wekksoya11.jpg

I am at San Diego Comic Con and was one of the few people who knew about this Amazing news a few months out, I may even have dropped a hint here.

Even knowing of this my eyes may have watered a bit as the crowd roared at the news.

The Force is Strong with the Fans!

Let’s start a wish list of what we want to see in the final season.  Me, Moff Tarkin and a Victory Class please!

edit @Captain Lackwit that video is number one on Youtube and Reddit.  Good job with the assist!

Edited by Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun

53 minutes ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

ki0wekksoya11.jpg

I am at San Diego Comic Con and was one of the few people who knew about this Amazing news a few months out, I may even have dropped a hint here.

Even knowing of this my eyes may have watered a bit as the crowd roared at the news.

The Force is Strong with the Fans!

Let’s start a wish list of what we want to see in the final season.  Me, Moff Tarkin and a Victory Class please!

edit @Captain Lackwit that video is number one on Youtube and Reddit.  Good job with the assist!

I try!

And hey, with Disney/Filoni, without damned George's input, You might GET that Victory Star Destroyer you want.

12 hours ago, Forgottenlore said:

Just did a bit of research. 

The base in rebels was on a planet (Anaxes?) that later gets destroyed before rebels. It features in several of the CW scripts that were not finished before, and comparing pictures of it to the trailer it looks like the same place. So I think it’s safe to say it’s the same place.  Not sure where I got Rex showing it to them though. 

I find nothing to disagree with there. Whatever campaign is starting or ongoing in the trailer leads to the base looking like it did in Rebels. Good enough for me.

I'm just glad to be excited by Star Wars news not related to X-wing. Looks like there is going to be a fairly big push around this with Battlefront II (2017) getting Clone Wars based content in the fall. 

1 hour ago, Bucknife said:

Well, I guess this announcement confirms at least one theary for all of us:

FFG is gonna jump on the prequel train a whole lot faster now. 

It seems likely that they'll be bringing Republic and Separatist factions into X-wing. In one of the other threads someone was complaining about the blind booster dice game getting prequel content of late. I suspect that both animated shows are quite popular with the crowd who does more Star Wars than just going to the movies. Kanan is on the cover of one of the RPG game books and I think Ahsoka and Zeb were on the packaging for LCG expansions.  

36 minutes ago, Frimmel said:

It seems likely that they'll be bringing Republic and Separatist factions into X-wing. In one of the other threads someone was complaining about the blind booster dice game getting prequel content of late. I suspect that both animated shows are quite popular with the crowd who does more Star Wars than just going to the movies. Kanan is on the cover of one of the RPG game books and I think Ahsoka and Zeb were on the packaging for LCG expansions.  

Seems like a pretty intentional target-market move there. 

Average fans don't bother with obscure side-story books or TV shows or games. 

But a lot of people who've jumped on BF2 and Clone Wars and Rebels are hungry for as much content at possible.

"Give the people what they want."

Inferno Squadron dominating TIE pilots in 2.0, anyone?

us8w3.jpg