Sign in to follow this  
Viperhook

Gencon

Anybody practicing for the NA championship ? This forum seems quiet on the subject...

What can I expect to face, especially with the new map. How do you beat ugnuts ? Never saw anyone playing it (in quebec in person or on a stream). Do you think something without Han, Darth or IG can win this ?

Any thoughts for preparing for a big tourney like that ?

Vader has been a big counter to ugnaughts. You're going to see enough Vader, that the Ugs haven't been getting played as much.

I believe Euros was won with a hunter list that didn't have IG. It can be done, but you'll see a lot of those centerpiece characters.

11 minutes ago, buckero0 said:

Why does Vader deal with Ugnaughts so well?  If he has to waste his force choke on a 1 health droid, he's going to get busted.  His defense is okay, but Pierce 2 is nothing to sneeze at

The strategy is the bum rush the ugnaughts while they are in the deployment zone. Cutting down activations really hurts an ugnaught list. 

13 minutes ago, buckero0 said:

Why does Vader deal with Ugnaughts so well?  If he has to waste his force choke on a 1 health droid, he's going to get busted.  His defense is okay, but Pierce 2 is nothing to sneeze at

Ugnaught Tinkerer / Junk Droid swarms depend on staying out of reach and defeating the opponent's figures with their main figure and by hundreds of cuts from the Junk Droid when any figure tries to approach their hiding place. Vader cannot be chipped to death by Junk Droid attacks while still being able to take out the Ugnaughts like described above.

6 hours ago, buckero0 said:

I guess every effective junk droid list I've played had elite weequay and IG88 in it, so rushing the ugnaughts was usually suicide

Mostly I’ve seen Ug lists run all six ugnauta plus Iggy, which only leaves room for six points (usually Onar).  It if you have a whole Vader list rush those Ugs, Iggy and Onar will still struggle to finish off Vader turn one/beginning of turn two, and so won’t  be able to do much else. By then the rest should be in their face as well. Once the Ugs fall, two attacking figures isn’t much, even if one is Iggy. 

But as a Rebel player, I don’t want to see Ugs. Hopefully they just sort of fade to irrelevance on their own. Wishful thinking, I know ?

-ryanjamal 

On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 10:12 PM, buckero0 said:

I guess every effective junk droid list I've played had elite weequay and IG88 in it, so rushing the ugnaughts was usually suicide

If Vader is accompanied by some E-Jets, Riots, whatever ... The should take care of that problem. Vader just should not go alone ...