AintNoPoser

Leia+Luke=Loss

Posted (edited)

As a pure Imperial player, this may piss off a lot of your rebels, but in the tournament I played, there were 4 of us, I played 2 Luke/Leia lists. I won both of the games by concession. One had 3 reb troops with extra and z-6, 1 fleet with the scatter gun, 2 AT-RTs 1 with the laser other with rotary. Other was 2 reb troops with extra other with z-6, 1 fleet also with scatter gun and maxed T-47.  My list will be below.

First game was Rapid Reinforcements, Long March and Intercept Transmission. 

Second was Minefields, Recover the Supplies and Advanced Positions.

As an Imperial Player, I felt I had the out activated and out gunned. It didn't help them I rolled well, but trooper focused objectives, with me having 7 trooper units to their 5 or 6, I didn't find it hard. To help those who play rebels, I feel you should max out your troop limit. You have stronger dice, but can't defend well. Swarming makes up greatly for that. Some of us also think that when commandos are released, the AT-RTs will be rare. 

Please put your input on this. 

Standard (Galactic Empire) [796 Points]

Commander 

•General Veers [85 Points]: Esteemed Leader

Corps 

Snowtroopers [85 Points]:Concussion Grenades, Flametrooper, Snowtrooper

Snowtroopers [85 Points]: Concussion Grenades, Flametrooper, Snowtrooper

Stormtroopers [79 Points]: DLT-19 Stormtrooper, Stormtrooper

Heavy

AT-ST [225 Points]: 88 Twin Light Blaster Cannon, AT-ST Mortar Launcher

Command Hand 

•Ambush, •Maximum Firepower, ••Evasive Maneuvers, ••Push, •••Assault, •••Imperial Discipline, ••••Standing Orders

Total: [796 Points] 

Created with BattleScribe

Edited by AintNoPoser

Sounds like you just played better than your opponents. But list wise, neither you or your opponents have true 100% competitve lists. So its hard to say either way.

You sure about those rebel lists? There's a lot of points left over, even assuming Luke and Leia are maxed.

The only clear change I would suggest on your list is to swap the grenade type on your snowtroopers. You're already getting Blast from the flamethrower, so may as well take impact grenades so that you can present multiple threats. You can still use them against troopers to get the black dice when you get into close range.

But yeah, those rebel lists could use some work. Personally, I don't even consider taking the extra troop upgrade on Rebel Troopers until I've maxed out the Corp slots. The points are better spend toward another copy of the unit, even if it doesn't get a Z6.

Posted (edited)

I agree with nashjaee, flamethrower and concussion grenades are redundant. Your objective/deployment/conditions were also extremely favorable towards what you were running. And yeah, Rebels at 9/10 activations is "standard," but if you're playing a kit tournament, not everyone is going to field an optimized list.

Edited by NoShieldsAllGuts

This is my luke and leia list. Comes in at 799 and 10 activations. The dual atst just keeps me to finding cover out of los.

++  Standard (Rebel Alliance) [799 Points] ++

+ Commander +

•Leia Organa [90 Points]

•Luke Skywalker [185 Points]: Battle Meditation, Force Reflexes

+ Corps +

Fleet Troopers [67 Points]: Scatter Gun Trooper

Fleet Troopers [44 Points]

Rebel Troopers [62 Points]: Z-6 Trooper

+ Support +

AT-RT [85 Points]: AT-RT Rotary Blaster

AT-RT [80 Points]: AT-RT Flamethrower

+ Command Hand +

Command Hand: •Coordinated Bombardment, •Son of Skywalker, ••My Ally Is the Force, ••No Time for Sorrows, •••Return of the Jedi, •••Somebody Has to Save Our Skins, ••••Standing Orders

++ Total: [799 Points] ++

Created with BattleScribe

8 hours ago, nashjaee said:

You sure about those rebel lists? There's a lot of points left over, even assuming Luke and Leia are maxed.

The only clear change I would suggest on your list is to swap the grenade type on your snowtroopers. You're already getting Blast from the flamethrower, so may as well take impact grenades so that you can present multiple threats. You can still use them against troopers to get the black dice when you get into close range.

But yeah, those rebel lists could use some work. Personally, I don't even consider taking the extra troop upgrade on Rebel Troopers until I've maxed out the Corp slots. The points are better spend toward another copy of the unit, even if it doesn't get a Z6.

I did end up taking impact grenades. I've updated my list on paper. 

9 hours ago, Gun4hire said:

Sounds like you just played better than your opponents. But list wise, neither you or your opponents have true 100% competitve lists. So its hard to say either way.

What exactly is a "100% competitive list?" There isn't exactly a "meta" in this game. Personally I don't think there will be just because every game is different and every table is different. Makes it hard for a meta when you're not playing the same game.

The topic is poorly titled. Luke+Leia is currently one of the best ways to run rebels (other being Leia and spam, but not really in my opinion). The mistake your opponents made is not taking enough corps. Though I have to admit, it seems like both rebel lists given are extremely light on points... but taking minimum corps is a wrong move until we get some more troopers.

Hey im not trying to take away from your wins or anything. A great player can make a mediocre list perform great and overcome a more powerful list and smart,tight play is hard to beat. So wgat im trying to say is good job on the wins and honestly just play what you want and what makes you happy and helps you reach your gaming goals.

I think it’s largely in how the list is played. I went up against almost exactly your list on sunday and battered it twice, one on objectives and the other on pure pounding, so i don’t believe the list is inherently weak.

WonderTwins (799/800)
Rebels

Luke Skywalker (160)
 - Force Push (10)
 - Environmental Gear (3)
= 173 total points

Leia Organa (90)

Fleet Troopers (44)
 - Scatter Gun Trooper (23)
 - Fleet Trooper (11)
= 78 total points

Rebel Troopers (40)
 - Z-6 Trooper (22)
 - Rebel Trooper (10)
= 72 total points

Rebel Troopers (40)
 - Z-6 Trooper (22)
 - Rebel Trooper (10)
= 72 total points

Rebel Troopers (40)
 - Z-6 Trooper (22)
 - Rebel Trooper (10)
= 72 total points

Rebel Troopers (40)
 - Z-6 Trooper (22)
 - Rebel Trooper (10)
= 72 total points

AT-RT (55)
 - AT-RT Laser Cannon (35)
= 90 total points

AT-RT (55)
 - AT-RT Flamethrower (25)
= 80 total points

Commands: Standing Orders

8 hours ago, Gun4hire said:

100% competitive imperial list is veers, 6 dlt, 3 bikes

100% competitive rebel list is luke, leia, 5 z-6 troopers, 2 laser at-rts.

This is the first time I've heard of this before. Again, I don't believe in a meta for this game based on my previous statements. It's all on play style too. I've been able to beat the "100% competitive Imperial list" before, but have yet to play the rebels. 

21 minutes ago, AintNoPoser said:

I don't believe in a meta for this game based

... yet ;)

I do have to agree to some extent. The game is in its infancy, and the tournament scene is very localized and young (thus, small). Until we get a way to test and compare local playstyles against each other, there are in fact multiple metas varying highly form place to place.

That said, there seem to be a few points on consensus, both on these forums, FB group and other gathering places, like "DLTs and bikes are strong", "it's good to take a lot of troops" or "T-47 is at least a bit lacking in competitive environment". There might be a more clearly defined meta as the game grows and a few larger events take place. Note, that that might not be a case, as Armada very rarely experiences lists that clearly dominate the meta (especially since wave 7 premiered in February there seem to be a different "top list" based on the community).

Posted (edited)

Anyone can take any list and beat any other list if they just play better and smarter than their opponent.

The main 3 things to win and be successful in this game are....

1) Deploying correctly

2) Playing the objectives

3) Play tight and smart by minimizing play mistakes and taking advantage of opportunities.

The army list you bring to the table is probably like 6 or 7 on that list.

Edited by Gun4hire

17 minutes ago, Bojanglez said:

on the list of what, currently effective lists?

I believe on the list of things that lead "win and being successful", as per Gun4Hire's post :P