Sign in to follow this  
Ompakim

When can fast events be played?

From the rules reference, under play action (p. 16), it says:

• A card with the fast keyword[...] may be played any time its specified triggering condition is met or, if it has no triggering condition, during an appropriate player window (see “Fast” on page 11).

Under fast actions (p. 11), it says:

• A fast event card may be played from a player’s hand any time its play instructions specify. [...]
  • A fast asset may be played by an investigator during any player window on his or her turn

Now, almost all fast events have a timing instruction, but Hiding Spot does not.

So I guess my question is: What is an appropriate player window for Hiding Spot? Can I play it only during my turn (same as fast assets), or can I play it during any player window during a round?

Hiding spot is confusing because it's an event that behaves like an asset. If you can play it in any player window, you could play it during the mythos phase during a test like rotting remains at another players location. What happens if that player draws an enemy?

1 hour ago, django042 said:

Hiding spot is confusing because it's an event that behaves like an asset. If you can play it in any player window, you could play it during the mythos phase during a test like rotting remains at another players location. What happens if that player draws an enemy?

There's a ruling on that on the ArkhamDB page

"If a non-Elite enemy would spawn at a location that has Hiding Spot attached to it, the enemy gains aloof as they are going through the process of spawning, and thus the rules for “aloof” kick in ("When an aloof enemy spawns, it spawns unengaged,” RR page 4). As a result, the enemy will spawn unengaged."

Greetings,

In general, fast events with no play restriction can be played during any player window during the entire round, similar to No Stone Unturned.

Cheers,

------------------------------------------------
Matthew Newman

Done deal :]