Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Verderer

Active enemies?

Recommended Posts

We were wondering, if active enemies stop you from moving over them, ie. over are they occupy? Agressive enemies certainly do and they even attack you. Passive ones don't. I think it says active enemies prevent the survivors form performing an action in their area, and since movement is an action, you could assume that this prevents you moving over enemies and ignoring them? I didn't spot anything specifying this detail in the rules.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh and another question about enemies: when you or the enemy has the gun symbol and attack an opponent in an adjacent space, does the opponent inflict any damage? It would seem not, and addition you inflict and extra * damage too?

And if the combat occurs the in the same space, the gun symbol is irrelevant? Or does it inflict an extra * as above?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/16/2018 at 6:17 AM, Verderer said:

We were wondering, if active enemies stop you from moving over them, ie. over are they occupy? Agressive enemies certainly do and they even attack you. Passive ones don't. I think it says active enemies prevent the survivors form performing an action in their area, and since movement is an action, you could assume that this prevents you moving over enemies and ignoring them? I didn't spot anything specifying this detail in the rules.

Active enemies only stop you from doing the Encounter, Quest and Camp actions (check the Quick Reference sheet on the back of the Rules Reference book). Movement, Exploring, and Fighting are allowed when an enemy is present.

3 hours ago, Verderer said:

Oh and another question about enemies: when you or the enemy has the gun symbol and attack an opponent in an adjacent space, does the opponent inflict any damage? It would seem not, and addition you inflict and extra * damage too?

And if the combat occurs the in the same space, the gun symbol is irrelevant? Or does it inflict an extra * as above?

 

When you Fight and you or the enemy has the Ranged ability, both parties inflict damage as normal, except when one party does not have the Ranged ability, which causes an additional damage to be inflicted on the party without the Ranged ability. Ranged allows the Fight to occur between parties in adjacent spaces, but does not prevent a party from inflicting damage if it does not have the Ranged ability. It's just an oddity of how the rules work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok thanks Ronin, so is the reason behind this seems to the rule about enemy activation & fight, that says that when the enemy attacks you, it is resolved as if the survivor attacked the enemy, ie. you roll the dice, and see how much damage enemy does, then you, rerolls etc. So this happens always regardless of who attacks and from where?

I guess you could say it makes sense from the point that. If you have a gun, you can initiate fights from far away, and have an advantage in damage, but the fight will eventually get to close range, so all weapons or none work? It wouldnt be much of a fight if only one side gets to inflict damage?

What about the 'gun' quality, does it work against enemy in the same space, or does it work against enemies in adjacent spaces only and becomes irrelevant in the same space? All weapon items should work in the same space however, right?

 

Edited by Verderer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/17/2018 at 8:15 PM, Ronin8879 said:

Active enemies only stop you from doing the Encounter, Quest and Camp actions (check the Quick Reference sheet on the back of the Rules Reference book). Movement, Exploring, and Fighting are allowed when an enemy is present.

When you Fight and you or the enemy has the Ranged ability, both parties inflict damage as normal, except when one party does not have the Ranged ability, which causes an additional damage to be inflicted on the party without the Ranged ability. Ranged allows the Fight to occur between parties in adjacent spaces, but does not prevent a party from inflicting damage if it does not have the Ranged ability. It's just an oddity of how the rules work.

If I am right, the +1 hit is only for Survivors on enemies, not the opposite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Cerve said:

If I am right, the +1 hit is only for Survivors on enemies, not the opposite.

I think it's both ways, it says so in the description of enemy symbols for gun that the enemy gets an extra * if you don't have an item with gun symbol?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Verderer said:

I think it's both ways, it says so in the description of enemy symbols for gun that the enemy gets an extra * if you don't have an item with gun symbol?

I have the italian version, and it says "if survivors have..", so I thought that was a special bonus for survivors only, but maybe it's a translation mistake?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, is that from the back cover of the rules reference book? In English, it refers to 'you' (ie. the word survivor is not used) when it discusses about the enemy ability gun there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...