EbonHawk

What is this game missing?

Lot of people still beat the dead armada rug, and speculation about new waves is rife..

So excluding *naming* ships like ssd or dp-20 etc, what is the game missing?

Is it a certain type of new squadron pack? If so what squads?

A new flotilla? Combat orientated maybe?

Just a new ship perhaps? And again without naming ships, what're the ships that are missing? Small skirters? Medium-sized brawlers? Big combat ships or support ships?

I like to hear what everyone thinks is missing or not quite right with the game currently :) thank you to all in advance for any replies :)

Edited by EbonHawk

7 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

For me, a Medium Sized Rebel ship. Pref with double ions.  Bonus points if it has an experimental too...

I could get down with that for either faction. Perhaps the dreadnought, since it appears just as frequently for both sides in the new can on, could be a dual faction ship with that niche for both. Regardless, I wholeheartedly agree about a blue dice heavy, double ion ship.

11 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

For me, a Medium Sized Rebel ship. Pref with double ions.  Bonus points if it has an experimental too...

2 minutes ago, Truthiness said:

I could get down with that for either faction. Perhaps the dreadnought, since it appears just as frequently for both sides in the new can on, could be a dual faction ship with that niche for both. Regardless, I wholeheartedly agree about a blue dice heavy, double ion ship.

Dreadnought for both sides would be interesting each its on niche as you say

I agree about the need for a medium ship imo feel it would bring some balance back and open options up again more fleet wise

I'd like some sort of minefield or missile pod mechanic to help with Slow black die ships.  I'd also like more task force upgrades (Their cool!  Interesting mechanics from thematic lists!).  More commanders would be nice, but not necessarily necessary.  I'd also like to see more faction identity maintained, but I think the game is in a pretty good place right now.  Some squadron reworks could be interesting, but that is getting into 2.0 territory.  Otherwise, Dice fixing upgrades are almost always appreciated.

1 hour ago, TallGiraffe said:

Imperials need a 1 command red dice slinger. 

1 hour ago, MandalorianMoose said:

Imps need a cheap ship pointed between a goz and a raider. 

Consular-class cruisers as flotilla.

or Carrack-class.

1 hour ago, Battlefleet 01 Studios said:

Rebs need a medium sized Vic’ style ship. Just something with more firepower than an Assault Frigate and less maneuverability.

AF Mk 1.

2 hours ago, Drasnighta said:

a Medium Sized Rebel ship. Pref with double ions

MC40a.

2 hours ago, EbonHawk said:

A new flotilla? Combat orientated maybe?

Dornean gunships.

I'd like to see;

A large broadside Imperial ship. Also a support team based carrier. (Venator)

A small rebel anti-squadron ship. (DP-20)

Long ranged ordnance mechanics with ships to suit. (Broadside cruiser [medium], DP20)

Ships purely for use with new objectives, with faction specific objectives. (Senator shuttles, Cargo transports, etc)

1 hour ago, MandalorianMoose said:

Imps need a cheap ship pointed between a goz and a raider.

1 hour ago, TallGiraffe said:

Imperials need a 1 command red dice slinger. 

Pretty much this. It would need to not put Arquitens completely out of a job and not get too insane with the right commanders, but basically something like this. Something along the lines of a Hammerhead Scout but likely only two defense tokens so they're not busted with Vader. Just something nice and cheap that can inherently fling 2 red dice at long range out of the front and mind the flanks of the bigger ships. Raider-Is would still be better flak boats and burst damage menaces, Raider-IIs would still be better aggro mid-range boats with a long-ranged surprise for some sneaky HIE crits, and Arquitens would still be better on the flanks. We just need something cheap that can help at long range. It would be great.

Otherwise I feel both factions have a pretty good degree of variety as is. Another Rebel medium would be nice, and I like the ion-focused-ship idea.

I feel that Armada needs more objectives and a deep campaign more than anything. 

As cool as new ships are, new objectives would make what we already have better. 

A new campaign would help me drag some of the less hardcore out to play. 

(that and real debris. I’d pay ffg $ for probably the easiest sculpts ever for 3d roids and debris, stations and dust clouds :) )

8 hours ago, Snipafist said:

Pretty much this. It would need to not put Arquitens completely out of a job and not get too insane with the right commanders, but basically something like this. Something along the lines of a Hammerhead Scout but likely only two defense tokens so they're not busted with Vader. Just something nice and cheap that can inherently fling 2 red dice at long range out of the front and mind the flanks of the bigger ships. Raider-Is would still be better flak boats and burst damage menaces, Raider-IIs would still be better aggro mid-range boats with a long-ranged surprise for some sneaky HIE crits, and Arquitens would still be better on the flanks. We just need something cheap that can help at long range. It would be great.

Otherwise I feel both factions have a pretty good degree of variety as is. Another Rebel medium would be nice, and I like the ion-focused-ship idea. 

I don't know. At some point both factions just turn into a tasteless mush of sameness.

Small red die squishy ships are a rebel thing. Do they need to be - No.
I think I would however feel sad if the menacing Imperials get more cheapish scrap ships like the Raider and the flimsy speedy Rebels get any more huge annihilators such as the Home1.  

Ion boats for rebels are a good idea, should not be too tanky.

Edited by RapidReload

I'd like a Rebel commander that lets you reroll ship dice.

Should be worse than Vader, maybe similar to the Task Force Organa Title: While a friendly ship is attacking, you may reroll any two dice in your attack pool.

I think it would be fine to have it work for flak.

MSU could use some help currently.

Edited by RapidReload

Fleet conditions. 

View these as working somewhat like an admirals ability, that can either help or hinder your fleet (and either cost or refund points spent). 

I think introducing that mechanic (with tons of playtesting) alongside either a new campaign or factions would give FFG some breathing space to hold off on producing more Rebllion/Empire Ships. They could entirely shakeup the meta with something like that. 

1 hour ago, RapidReload said:

I'd like a Rebel commander that lets you reroll ship dice.

Should be worse than Vader, maybe similar to the Task Force Organa Title: While a friendly ship is attacking, you may reroll any two dice in your attack pool.

I think it would be fine to have it work for flak.

MSU could use some help currently.

Rebels are not hurting for rerolls on like... anything...