Sign in to follow this  
SWmini

RETURN TO FFG

Hello everyone ..
In particular, I would like to turn to the leadership of FFG.
Take me to work! )) I'm a sculptor, freelancer. I perfectly know the universe of Star Wars. But it is not important.

legion is a great game. I'm good at making characters and would like to work for you. here are some examples of my work.
 I will show you my works and you will understand that I am doing them better.
It's arrogant, but I want to make Star Wars figures, I want to make beautiful figures to make them look like their characters and I want to be played by many other players. !!! 

34415874_128476078032342_1494909250508423168_n.jpg

34421610_128476048032345_8824614027414994944_n.jpg

36865322_144068009806482_1724179239038615552_n.jpg

36929691_144068149806468_2226862864197484544_n.jpg

36952487_144067859806497_5967442142476369920_n.jpg

36970969_144243589788924_383361067079696384_n.jpg

34963575_131460351067248_4405465637611110400_n.jpg

37019455_144066059806677_8092213780076822528_n.jpg

Edited by SWmini

You see, I use an automatic translator. And it was quite possible "Difficulties of translation" The meaning of some of my words and at once can be distorted. I did not want to insult anyone.

OP, your figures look great.

If you are erious about seeking employment, id edit your post and be less insulting regards the current figures/sculptor (not saying I dont agree, but if you are seeking employment, dont insult them)

The figures for Leia and Han are indeed very poor for such famous figures and with todays technology.

33 minutes ago, TauntaunScout said:

You can sculpt but that doesn't mean the professionals can't. A green that looks just like the actor doesn't always mean the production figures, which go through a "translation process" for mass production, will look like said actors.

Hmm .... that's modeling and here's a copy .. Are they different?  

Edited by SWmini

You have to remember that there are limits to producing models of that detail on that kind of quantity. And while some people may question why a figure does not resemble an actor's likeness, you have to also be concerned with royalties and copyright.

Everyone believes they can do better, and they should. Just always be respectful and aware that its not a perfect world.

59 minutes ago, makotosato said:

You have to remember that there are limits to producing models of that detail on that kind of quantity. And while some people may question why a figure does not resemble an actor's likeness, you have to also be concerned with royalties and copyright.

Everyone believes they can do better, and they should. Just always be respectful and aware that its not a perfect world.

Explain to me, where did you see the insult? and again - I use an automatic translator and I do not understand where this machine replaced my normal words with curses! Perhaps it was Russian hackers who invaded? - because they are now everywhere)))) English is not my native language.

46 minutes ago, SWmini said:

Explain to me, where did you see the insult? and again - I use an automatic translator and I do not understand where this machine replaced my normal words with curses! Perhaps it was Russian hackers who invaded? - because they are now everywhere)))) English is not my native language.

Calm down.

Legion is a great game! But some of the miniatures of the characters are simply disgusting and do not look like their characters. Make a replacement for your sculptor)))

Could be seen as pretty insulting, especially for the sculptor ?.  If you want advice,(IMO)just change it and focus more on your abilities and skills in creating good sculpts and get FFG to focus on that.

26 minutes ago, VAYASAN said:

Calm down.

Legion is a great game! But some of the miniatures of the characters are simply disgusting and do not look like their characters. Make a replacement for your sculptor)))

Could be seen as pretty insulting, especially for the sculptor ?.  If you want advice,(IMO)just change it and focus more on your abilities and skills in creating good sculpts and get FFG to focus on that.

I edited, I hope it sounds better)))

12 hours ago, SWmini said:

I edited, I hope it sounds better)))

Much better and imo, your sculpts look much better than the quality of Han/Leia.

I actually think many would even struggle to recognise the figure as who they are meant to be if you took away the box art and the painting.

Just look at the Han model without pain or box....would you straight away think han solo?  Not sure I would.

Crazy for some of the most recognised characters in film.  

Your sculpts look great, but, and here is the rub..  the nature of the industry is they need digital sculptors.   The digital medium allows for them to seperate the model into pieces easily, and thus set up a sprue for casting, so they can mass produce via injection moulding.   Dealing with a physical medium will likeky necessitates a 3d scan, adding in another time consuming step.

Your work is great, but your methods, at least shown are outdated by this industry.   Perhaps look into some software, such as 3dcoat, as I'm sure much of your skill will translate over.   

There is also the issue of where you live.  FFG is locates in the United States.   If you only deal in physical product, you would have to show it to them in person, which mail is not fast or cheap.  If you can't work in the States, or want to even, this would make it difficult to meet deadlines.  

Having a great sculpt will also mean very little if they are prone to breaking.

8 hours ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

.... Dealing with a physical medium will likeky necessitates a 3d scan, adding in another time consuming step.

I work in the dental industry and we have a scanner in our lab that could make a pretty detailed scan of one of his sculptures in under a minute. So, I dunno how time-consuming a process that would be. (This particular scanner cost a few grand, but if that's the direction FFG wanted to go in, I'm sure they could afford it--but if they already have an all digital work flow in place, then why would they?) 

Elsewise, though, I agree with your points.