Sign in to follow this  
nashjaee

New RRG!

On 7/11/2018 at 5:55 PM, OccasionallyCorrect said:

Vader, Palp, Fett and like, two emaciated storm troopers.

I just did the math and Vader, palp, and boba fully loaded can take two five man stormtrooper squads and one 4 man and come to 799 points...

18 hours ago, Cheek said:

The changes in red make them very to miss for some of us :(

Ooof. Yeah, that's true. My father is CB so I have an idea of what that's like. Sorry bud.

12 minutes ago, Orkimedes said:

I’m a little surprised they didn’t address Charge’s weird interaction with No Time for Sorrows.

What weird interaction?   Can Leia cause Luke to get a free attack action after she makes him move?

Yup thats still in the air as far as i can tell.

Reason: Charge does NOT say "move action" but Relentless does say it. I forget where it was and i cant seem to find it now but i saw they did clarify any free movements wasnt a move action unless it stated it was (i.e. Jump).  Not that that is relevant though since currently Imps have no way of forcing an additional move atm.

Charge simply says "after they move into base contact" - while its speed1, and it has to be a move not luke's jump, its still satisfying Charge because he moved into melee. Nothing indicates "during activation" either. The only mention of activation is "cannot attack again this activation" which would also allow luke to attack again during his normal activation.

Seems insanely sketchy to me so im never doing it, i'd rather use that 1speed to get that stupid trooper that didnt quite hit the wall up against the wall.

5 minutes ago, Vineheart01 said:

Yup thats still in the air as far as i can tell.

Reason: Charge does NOT say "move action" but Relentless does say it. I forget where it was and i cant seem to find it now but i saw they did clarify any free movements wasnt a move action unless it stated it was (i.e. Jump).  Not that that is relevant though since currently Imps have no way of forcing an additional move atm.

Charge simply says "after they move into base contact" - while its speed1, and it has to be a move not luke's jump, its still satisfying Charge because he moved into melee. Nothing indicates "during activation" either. The only mention of activation is "cannot attack again this activation" which would also allow luke to attack again during his normal activation.

Seems insanely sketchy to me so im never doing it, i'd rather use that 1speed to get that stupid trooper that didnt quite hit the wall up against the wall.

Yeah, it’s clearly not an intended interaction.  You’d think that would be pretty easy to clean up in the RRG.

Actually i'd see it as possibly intended since Charge and Relentless are virtually the same thing, but Charge is strictly Melee only and does not mention action move.

Its also rather difficult to actually get a speed1 charge off.

But, like i said, sounds sketchy so im never doing it unless they directly say "Yup, legal"

3 minutes ago, Vineheart01 said:

Actually i'd see it as possibly intended since Charge and Relentless are virtually the same thing, but Charge is strictly Melee only and does not mention action move.

Its also rather difficult to actually get a speed1 charge off.

But, like i said, sounds sketchy so im never doing it unless they directly say "Yup, legal"

It’s just too powerful on Luke, I think.  I don’t know that they intended for NTFS to be a better version of Son if Skywalker.

37 minutes ago, Orkimedes said:

I’m a little surprised they didn’t address Charge’s weird interaction with No Time for Sorrows.

Oh wow. I actually never noticed that this keyword also has a disparity between the actual rule and the reminder text. As with the previous ones, however, I would guess that the reminder text demonstrates the intent. Hopefully they've seen it as well and will address in the next version and/or FAQ thread.

i kinda wish they'd stop using reminder text.

In almost every game they use reminder text theres discrepancies between it and the RRG, but they specifically state the RRG wins vs (text like this).

Whats the point of having it if its often wrong or outdated (or both) and it has no grounds to hold in a rules debate?

1 minute ago, nashjaee said:

Oh wow. I actually never noticed that this keyword also has a disparity between the actual rule and the reminder text. As with the previous ones, however, I would guess that the reminder text demonstrates the intent. Hopefully they've seen it as well and will address in the next version and/or FAQ thread.

Yeah very similar to the armor/impact situation.

The RAW seems clear but it directly contradicts what appears to be the intent.

3 hours ago, Galahax said:

Ooof. Yeah, that's true. My father is CB so I have an idea of what that's like. Sorry bud.

Meh, it's life. I happen to enjoy reading rules, so it works :)

5 hours ago, Vineheart01 said:

Not that that is relevant though since currently Imps have no way of forcing an additional move atm.

Pull the Strings on Palatine 

“Choose a friendly trooper unit at range 1-2. That unit may perform a free attack action or a free move action.”

5 hours ago, Orkimedes said:

It’s just too powerful on Luke, I think.  I don’t know that they intended for NTFS to be a better version of Son if Skywalker.

Luke’s card says you can do a melee attack after you do a move ACTION and on Leias command card say you can do a speed 1 move doesn’t say it’s an action so Luke ability would not trigger

30 minutes ago, Rettere said:

I heard a rumor we would now get to choose what set of objectives/conditions we bring to a game. Is that I the RRG anywhere now? I can’t find it.

It's in the tournament regulations: each player has to bring with him a deck of 4 cards per type. then before any game you use blue player's deck to define batlle conditions.

1 hour ago, Steelgolem said:

Luke’s card says you can do a melee attack after you do a move ACTION and on Leias command card say you can do a speed 1 move doesn’t say it’s an action so Luke ability would not trigger

Yeah, but the problem is that the text on Luke's card is reminder text. We've been told via email, but it's also now officially in the updated RRG: reminder text is not rules text and is only there as a reminder to the players of when things are supposed to trigger.

When you look up Charge in the RRG, it doesn't say anything about "action". Just that it triggers upon entering base contact.

I can only guess that the reminder text is the actual intent because it follows the format set by other similar abilities (Relentless and Steady). It also follows the pattern that the ability to perform multiple attacks within a single round is quite rare, and is currently only possible for Commanders utilizing their own command cards (Implacable, Coordinated Bombardment, Max Firepower, and SoS).