Sign in to follow this  
nashjaee

New RRG!

This is new.....

AREA WEAPON A weapon with a yellow range icon (????) is an area weapon. When using an area weapon, perform a separate attack against each unit that is in line of sight and at the range indicated by the number on the range icon. • Area weapons can be used only through abilities and other game effects that specifically allow the use of area weapons. • Area weapons are usually associated with a charge or condition token, and are used when that charge or condition token detonates. • Attacks made by an area weapon are ranged attacks. • An area weapon cannot be in the same attack pool as another weapon. • Area weapons cannot be added to an attack pool during an attack made by a unit. • Other weapons cannot be added to an attack pool with an area weapon already in it, including other area weapons.

7 minutes ago, Albertese said:

Anyone want to bullet point the changes for us who haven't quite had time to read it yet? 

it calls it out for you on page one - "New additions to existing entries are marked in Red"

• Area Weapon

• Arm X: Charge Type

• Bounty

• Charge Tokens

• Detonate

• Detonate X: Charge Type

• Emplacement Trooper

• Gunslinger

• Heavy Weapon Team

• High Velocity

• Immobilize Tokens

• Impervious X

• Low Profile

• Operative

• Plodding

• Reminder Text

• Reposition

• Sabotage/Repair

• Scout X

• Sentinel

• Stationary

• Uncanny Luck X

9 minutes ago, Albertese said:

Anyone want to bullet point the changes for us who haven't quite had time to read it yet? 

There's a lot. It seems like they've added the rules for basically the rest of the units on the slate for 2018, on top of the clarifications and other changes.

All keywords stack, new unseen Keyword: High Velocity, Operatives have their own slot, up to two, So a list with Vader, Palp and Fett will be possible.

19 minutes ago, Zrob314 said:

This is new.....

AREA WEAPON A weapon with a yellow range icon (????) is an area weapon. When using an area weapon, perform a separate attack against each unit that is in line of sight and at the range indicated by the number on the range icon. • Area weapons can be used only through abilities and other game effects that specifically allow the use of area weapons. • Area weapons are usually associated with a charge or condition token, and are used when that charge or condition token detonates. • Attacks made by an area weapon are ranged attacks. • An area weapon cannot be in the same attack pool as another weapon. • Area weapons cannot be added to an attack pool during an attack made by a unit. • Other weapons cannot be added to an attack pool with an area weapon already in it, including other area weapons.

Seems related to those proton charge weapons. 

Under Attacks on page 15, each attack pool a unit rolls counts as a separate attack for all gameplay effects.

I think this answers the question about Han's command card (Reckless Diversion). Every attack pool must target a "diverting" unit.

Edited by nashjaee

1 hour ago, nashjaee said:

Under Attacks on page 15, each attack pool a unit rolls counts as a separate attack for all gameplay effects.

I think this answers the question about Han's command card (Reckless Diversion). Every attack pool must target a "diverting" unit.

Interesting.  so lets say there's a group of rebel troopers at range 1 and it's the only diverting unit of my AT-ST and I'm rocking chin gun and grenade launcher.  If I declare an attack using the grenade launcher and after the resolution of the attack I haven't killed the unit I can't use my chin gun, can I?  cuz that would be making a second attack against the unit.

16 minutes ago, Zrob314 said:

Interesting.  so lets say there's a group of rebel troopers at range 1 and it's the only diverting unit of my AT-ST and I'm rocking chin gun and grenade launcher.  If I declare an attack using the grenade launcher and after the resolution of the attack I haven't killed the unit I can't use my chin gun, can I?  cuz that would be making a second attack against the unit.

You roll all weapons in a single attack pool at once. So the grenade launcher and chin gun would be rolled together. All weapons targeting a single unit must be combined into one attack pool.

Also note, when you declare the attack action you must allocate the weapons before rolling any of the pools. So that would prevent killing the diverting unit with one weapon, then shooting something else with another weapon.

Edited by nashjaee

4 hours ago, redki said:

All keywords stack, new unseen Keyword: High Velocity, Operatives have their own slot, up to two, So a list with Vader, Palp and Fett will be possible.

Odds on high velocity goes on Chewie’s Bowcaster. 

And now that I think on it, probably the sniper options. 

Edited by Derrault

2 hours ago, nashjaee said:

You roll all weapons in a single attack pool at once. So the grenade launcher and chin gun would be rolled together. All weapons targeting a single unit must be combined into one attack pool.

Also note, when you declare the attack action you must allocate the weapons before rolling any of the pools. So that would prevent killing the diverting unit with one weapon, then shooting something else with another weapon.

I think we're misunderstanding one another.  I'll set it up again.

I have two available units in range 2 of my AT-ST and in front firing arc. 

I have chin gun and grenade launcher. 

Target 1 has diversion form Han Solo  Let's say it's got one trooper leader left and that is all.

Target 2 does not.

I want to shoot the diverted target with the grenade launcher (hopefully killing it) and then shoot the other unit with the chin gun (Arsenal 2)

BUT

If I fail to kill the diversion unit with the grenade launcher I cannot then shoot the chin gun at it because I would then be making two separate attacks.

At no point did I declare that I was going to unload all of it on the diverted unit.

1 hour ago, Zrob314 said:

I think we're misunderstanding one another.  I'll set it up again.

I have two available units in range 2 of my AT-ST and in front firing arc. 

I have chin gun and grenade launcher. 

Target 1 has diversion form Han Solo  Let's say it's got one trooper leader left and that is all.

Target 2 does not.

I want to shoot the diverted target with the grenade launcher (hopefully killing it) and then shoot the other unit with the chin gun (Arsenal 2)

BUT

If I fail to kill the diversion unit with the grenade launcher I cannot then shoot the chin gun at it because I would then be making two separate attacks.

At no point did I declare that I was going to unload all of it on the diverted unit.

That’s actually the exact scenario I was thinking of. Let me clarify.

The process is not: declare a target, roll dice, then declare the next target using the next weapon.

The process is: declare all targets using all weapons that you desire to use, then roll the previously-declared attack pools one at a time. During the step of declaring targets, you cannot select Target 2 because of Han’s command card. That’s what I meant by allocating weapons before rolling the attack pools. By the time Target 1 has been (potentially) defeated, the attack pools have long been decided. So you’re only real option is to allocate both of the weapons to Target 1.

Hope that’s more clear.

Edit: in your example, assigning the grenade launcher to Target 1 and the chin gun to Target 2 was not legal in the first place. You must declare Target 1 as defender for both if you want to use both weapons. Because you declare all targets before you roll any dice.

Edited by nashjaee

6 minutes ago, AintNoPoser said:

So do these take effect right away? I'm going to be in a tournament on Saturday and gotta get prepped. 

Effective 7/16, according to the cover page.

10 hours ago, Zrob314 said:

You would have had to declare that before any dice got rolled. That has always been the case - you form the attack pools, including their declared targets, before anything is rolled.

Well, for the E-Web, it follows normal panic rules.

For the stationary 1.4  (or any other unit with the Stationary key word), the update states that when it panics, it performs no actions until it manages to recover from being panicked. 

Am i daft, or is the "checking line of sight" graphic new on pg24?

Isnt the main issue we had with cover in this game was LOS essentially did not exist, just draw lines from base to base to determine if visible/hidden/obscured?

13 hours ago, Derrault said:

Odds on high velocity goes on Chewie’s Bowcaster. 

And now that I think on it, probably the sniper options. 

That makes sense, and here I was hoping it would an upgrade option for the T-47..... one can dream

I quite like the changes and clarifications.  Just one read through, but it seems they've done a good job.

I love that all the changes are in red.

And I definitely like the changes and clarifications on area terrain.

23 hours ago, Brightguy said:

I quite like the changes and clarifications.  Just one read through, but it seems they've done a good job.

I love that all the changes are in red.

And I definitely like the changes and clarifications on area terrain.

The changes in red make them very easy to miss for some of us :(

Edited by Cheek
"easy" was missing. Kinda important for this sentence...