AintNoPoser

Chewie is Next

If we have looked at what we have and what we are missing, I think it's plain as day now.  Rebels are missing a key character and a unit. The Rebel's have their "Big 3" and the Empire has their "Big 3"; commander-wise It just makes sense that Chewie will be an operative to "balance" out the game unit wise. Special forces unit could be guards or possibly wookiees, but don't quote me on that. 

Imperial Big 3

• Vader
  • Veers
  • Palpatine

Rebel Big 3

• Luke
  • Leia
  • Han

Hes the easiest Operative, and rebels are missing that.

Imps:
2 Corps
2 Elite
2 Support (i forget if ewebs are supports or their own thing)
1 Heavy
3 Commander
1 Operative

Rebels:
2 Corps
1 Elite
2 Support (same for the dish-laser thing as ewebs)
1 Heavy
3 Commander
0 Operative

Chewie is just as big if not bigger character in the fanbase than Boba, and Boba is already an operative. So Chewie is obviously next to keep the slots even.
However the next Elite could be anything since technically Wookie Warriors were not in the OT movies, even though lore-wise they existed.

14 minutes ago, Vineheart01 said:

Chewie is just as big if not bigger character in the fanbase than Boba, and Boba is already an operative. So Chewie is obviously next to keep the slots even.
However the next Elite could be anything since technically Wookie Warriors were not in the OT movies, even though lore-wise they existed.

To be fair, I think besides "Rebel Winter Soldiers" FFG is running low on OT film Rebel units.... 

Just now, Vineheart01 said:

Chewie died in legends?

glad that isnt canon anymore.

An author hit the planet Chewie was on with a moon ?

totally aside form the OP, but I may be one of the few who liked the vong series, the whole Corran Horn Vs Shedao Shai duel for Ithor was epic.

But I agree Chewie is next, but what to pair him with.  I think its going to be something we don'd expect to line up with the IGs, perhaps some sort of saboteur like R2. Pr if they are guards the Rebel guards we seen on Yavin 4 would be a good option. Though not Chewie centric 

No offense to the big guy, but I think FFG has shown that they don't always do the "expected" thing when it comes to Legion units/releases.  Who expected the 1.4FD?  Who expected them to release Boba Fett in an entirely new slot? Who expected them to actually release Palpatine?  (These are rhetorical questions, btw).

My point is, only the FFG folks know what is coming next and it could be something that none of us expect.  Personally, I hope it is Chewie but it could just as easily be Lando or someone from their RPG adventures/Imperial Assault.

I’m with Albertese in actually, truly wanting Ewoks in this game. I’ve already converted a two units’ worth of the little guys using the old WotC minis, re-painted and re-mounted on larger bases, but better and more detailed models would be much appreciated! I’ve been a big fan of the Ewoks (including the two charming made-for-tv movies about them) since I was a small boy, and have no shame in it now as a thirty-something dad with a small boy of my own. I’ve honestly never understood the occasional objections to them that I’ve heard—I mean; really!—this is a story about space samurai with wizard powers and laser swords, after all. What’s wrong with little Native American teddy bears? ;)

Also, in speculating about future releases, I can’t help but notice that the developers at FFG have studiously and strictly limited themselves, in this first year’s worth of released and announced content, to the Original Trilogy. Even with all sorts of new and exciting content floating about from Rebels, Rogue One, and Solo, they’ve kept trucking along with OT units even when they don’t necessarily fit in very well to the infantry combat theme of the game—e.g. Krennic and the Death Troopers, or the new Imperial Army troopers, would make much more sense in this context than the Emperor and his Royal Guards, whose actually presence on any battlefield is extremely unlikely.

Clearly, they’ve made a priority of giving us every unit they can squeeze out of the OT before moving on to other sources. Already we’ve got, at least in the pipeline, everything needed to recreate the Tantive IV boarding, the Battle of Hoth (minus the AT-ATs and Hoth rebel troopers) and the Battle of Endor (minus Chewie and the Ewoks). Thus, I think teddy bear braves bearing flint knives, tomahawks, slings, and tiny bows are more likely than not. Yub nub!

Edited by TheGreenKnight

11 hours ago, Lord Thallium said:

It will probably be Chewie and Ewoks..... Just saying.... They were his unit of warriors in The Return of the Jedi.... 

This is what I’ve been waiting for. Bring on the angry baby bears! 

4 hours ago, Shadows of the Future said:

It could be R2-D2 and C-3P0

Always thought they would make good operatives in a support role, buffing nearby units or vehicles in different ways. 

22 minutes ago, Tonytt1642 said:

Always thought they would make good operatives in a support role, buffing nearby units or vehicles in different ways. 

I have never seen 3P0 be anything other than a hinderance lol