Sign in to follow this  
Coyote Walks

Elements Unbound

6 minutes ago, Soshi Saibankan said:

With increasing Shugenjas, will Scorpion try out the Shug Duel? As another way to alter the dial and maybe win with manipulators? 

Maybe, but low glory stats makes me think they will likely stick to just playing lots of really strong cards instead of trying to make something bad work.

3 minutes ago, Soshi Saibankan said:

With increasing Shugenjas, will Scorpion try out the Shug Duel? As another way to alter the dial and maybe win with manipulators? 

Lots of low glory characters, the new daimyo is a two everyone else is a 1 or a 0.  Very hard to actually win.  Phoenix, Crane, and Dragon are really the only ones who will get to use it reliably.

47 minutes ago, Soshi Saibankan said:

Yeah but that late game I rarely can afford to bid 5. Honestly unless paired with Duty I don't think it's any good. 

You can change your dial using Maze of Illusion.

37 minutes ago, Ishi Tonu said:

I was beginning to think that Crane was the new Unicorn, but, Tengu Sensei is legit.

A little light on the stats for a 5 drop but, covert and preventing an attack is pretty sweet

This guy is a dash killer.

16 minutes ago, Tomello said:

Lots of low glory characters, the new daimyo is a two everyone else is a 1 or a 0.  Very hard to actually win.  Phoenix, Crane, and Dragon are really the only ones who will get to use it reliably.

Here's a quick table of Shugenja glory by Clan:

Clan 0 1 2 3 Grand Total
Crab 1 3     4
Crane   1 4   5
Dragon   2 1 1 4
Lion 1   1   2
Neutral   2 1   3
Phoenix 2 6 9 2 19
Scorpion 1 5 1   7
Unicorn 1 3     4
Grand Total 6 22 17 3 48

3 minutes ago, Schmoozies said:

Well Hotaru it was great while it lasted, but, I've been seeing this Tengu recently and I'm just gonna come out and say the Bird is our Champion now.

Kakita Yoshi would like a word.

2 minutes ago, Schmoozies said:

Yoshi bows to his Tengu master who will actually win the fights that will let him turn on his ability.

Yoshi isn't allowed to touch a sword, or the Kakita family will fall.  Instead he cuts people with his razor wit and personal style.

1 minute ago, theninthguardian said:

Michibiku seems less like a Phoenix enabler and more like an anti-Phoenix card. One step closer to a Phoenix Monk deck, I guess.

They work both ways: in a Phoenix deck, they enable; as a splash, they defend.

9 minutes ago, Tabris2k said:

Ok, so with Michibiku, you take a ring... and put it where?

Is “take a ring” like “claim it as your own”? 

Or like “take a ring away from them” to put it back in the unclaimed ring pool?

From the article, I believe it means you take it from their claimed pool and put it in your claimed pool, without going through the 'Claim' mechanics.  But that's based on the article, so might be wrong.

39 minutes ago, Tabris2k said:

Ok, so with Michibiku, you take a ring... and put it where?

Is “take a ring” like “claim it as your own”? 

Or like “take a ring away from them” to put it back in the unclaimed ring pool?

From the RRG

Take
If a player is instructed to take a token (such as honor or fate) from another player, that element is removed from the other player’s token pool and added to the taking player’s token pool.

From that example you would take it from the other players claimed ring pool and add it to yours.

57 minutes ago, Soshi Saibankan said:

If I read correctly, Michibiku doesn't work on the defense? 

It does in theory, however, you would move a ring from the defenders claimed ring pool (so yourself) and add it back to your pool.  Since it does not count as winning the ring there would be no effective change of game state so should be a non-eligible action.  That said if we ever see an option to ally in multiple players into a conflict in the multiplayer variant this could become a strategy as a defensive ally.