X Wing Nut

Afterburnes is this where the lie comes undone?

2 minutes ago, papy72 said:

You can build Vader with the one in the Core Set.

Sure. I just meant that if the Fang comes with a copy of afterburners, Imperial players can probably get a copy from the Tie Advanced as well.

I think we all agree that they said the contents/cards of the Wave 1 blisters would match the contents in the "extra baggie" for that ship in the kit (except the mini, of course).

Are we 100% sure the Bell of Lost Souls video is correct? Is there a chance BoLS simply missed that card since it was in the "extra baggie?" Is this video the only source listing the cards in the S&V kit, and this ruckus is being based on that one source?

On 7/10/2018 at 12:50 PM, papy72 said:

You can build Vader with the one in the Core Set.

On 7/10/2018 at 12:55 PM, Squark said:

Sure. I just meant that if the Fang comes with a copy of afterburners, Imperial players can probably get a copy from the Tie Advanced as well.

I think you misunderstand Squark.  FFG has said that the threat cards will only have upgrades from that expansion or the core.  Since Afterburners are in the core it does not need to be in the Tie Advanced expansion.  I don't believe we've seen anything to indicate there is a copy of Afterburnerss in the Tie Advanced pack like we've seen for the Fang.  It could be there I guess, but I tend to doubt it.

Edited by JamesWG
I had written Autothrusters when I meant Afterburners. Corrected.

On 7/10/2018 at 1:18 PM, thomedwards said:

I think we all agree that they said the contents/cards of the Wave 1 blisters would match the contents in the "extra baggie" for that ship in the kit (except the mini, of course).

Are we 100% sure the Bell of Lost Souls video is correct? Is there a chance BoLS simply missed that card since it was in the "extra baggie?" Is this video the only source listing the cards in the S&V kit, and this ruckus is being based on that one source?

The BoLS video also showed the packing/contents list for the baggie.  It was blurry and you needed to freeze frame to read it, but Afterburners were not listed.

I believe the only hope is they unboxed a pre-release kit and the production kit has it.  I find that very unlikely though, unfortunately. 

Edited by JamesWG
I had written Autothrusters when I meant Afterburners. Corrected.

2 hours ago, thomedwards said:

I actually don't specifically remember them saying you would get everything from each expansion in the baggie.  Looking at the unboxing stream FFG did for the conversion kits, they specifically say the 'pilots' you would have gotten from buying the blister, when they talk about the baggie.  They of course then go on to say you'd have NO reason to buy the blister unless you want the sculpt with moving wings etc, which is a bit misleading, when the devs have specifically called out the Starviper as a ship bought just for an upgrade (so they can't claim ignorance that people might want an upgrade from a blister).

I feel like at this point, the problem is not FFGs decision of what to include where, but that they really wanted to pitch 2.0 as being a consumer-friendly dream, and used that tone, while making very very few concessions to that idea.  If they hadn't used that tone, I think a lot of people would have just been pleasantly surprised by 'oh hey a baggie with extra pilots in it'.

2 minutes ago, Aircraft Terrier said:

I feel like at this point, the problem is not FFGs decision of what to include where, but that they really wanted to pitch 2.0 as being a consumer-friendly dream, and used that tone, while making very very few concessions to that idea.  If they hadn't used that tone, I think a lot of people would have just been pleasantly surprised by 'oh hey a baggie with extra pilots in it'.

I think if they hadn't used that tone, they would have gotten significantly less buy-in to 2.0, which would be pretty disastrous.

That's a pretty good incentive to use that tone, however misleading it has been.

(It would have been fantastic if they could have accurately used that tone ... and it's a shame, because they got so close.  A couple, maybe three, fewer poor decisions, and they'd have been there.)

my issue is two fold. first is the statement: "All of the ship and upgrade cards included in the Fang Fighter Expansion Pack can also be found in the Scum and Villainy Conversion Kit." If afterburners are in the fang pack and not the conversion pack, this statement is false. Hopefully that was an oversight and not intentional.

My second issue is that if it is in there, a new player buys a new core and a new fang and has two copies. A veteran player buys a new core and a conversion kit and only has one copy. that's not cool. Not after we've been told we wouldn't have to buy ships unless we wanted to. that point was really pushed in the press releases.

1 hour ago, PanchoX1 said:

my issue is two fold. first is the statement: "All of the ship and upgrade cards included in the Fang Fighter Expansion Pack can also be found in the Scum and Villainy Conversion Kit." If afterburners are in the fang pack and not the conversion pack, this statement is false.

Good spot from the article 

This gives me a bit more hope that the kits will have more content than we have so far seen.

Edited by Storgar

Starting at about 1:50 of the Rebel Unboxing, it gets a little nuts. He says that all of the pilots from the blisters are included in the baggie (specifically does NOT mention upgrades), but then goes on to say "there is absolutely no need for existing players to purchase individual X-wing ship packs unless they want more ships." "Absolutely no need" is a pretty strong statement.

I think this is where I got the idea for the post I made earlier:

4 hours ago, thomedwards said:

I feel the hate starting to flow through me...

13 minutes ago, thomedwards said:

Starting at about 1:50 of the Rebel Unboxing, it gets a little nuts. He says that all of the pilots from the blisters are included in the baggie (specifically does NOT mention upgrades), but then goes on to say "there is absolutely no need for existing players to purchase individual X-wing ship packs unless they want more ships." "Absolutely no need" is a pretty strong statement.

See, you fail at being completely literal (you know, the way a toddler or a dog is).  The key is the word "need."  I'm sure a couple of apologists will chime in to back me up, but human beings only really have three needs ... food/water, shelter, and clothing.  Just remember, Alex is speaking literally.  X-Wing doesn't provide food/water, clothing, or shelter; therefore no "existing player" has the "need" to purchase individual ship packs.

It's 100% accurate and not at all misleading!  If you were more sophisticated (you know, like a toddler or a dog), you'd understand all this!

Edited by Jeff Wilder

2 hours ago, Darth evil said:

so i own 4 Autothrusters and i don't get the 2.0 equivalent even if i buy a core set, 1 scum conversion kit and 1 Empire conersion kit. Lets just say my original hype has diminished and i believe that FFG has instead instilled a false hope to many ppl.

uh...it's NOT the 2.0 equivalent

it's literally got nothing in common with autothrusters other than it's a.) a mod (though it has wildly different ship-type restrictions) and b.) has the same art (and FFG likes to reuse art, even across other star wars games)

and without a known point cost, we cannot assume the two-charge free boosts will be auto-include or even worth taking on a ship, let alone multiple

Edited by ficklegreendice

1 hour ago, ficklegreendice said:

uh...it's NOT the 2.0 equivalent

it's literally got nothing in common with autothrusters other than it's a.) a mod (though it has wildly different ship-type restrictions) and b.) has the same art (and FFG likes to reuse art, even across other star wars games)

and without a known point cost, we cannot assume the two-charge free boosts will be auto-include or even worth taking on a ship, let alone multiple

your point is taken but

Edited by Darth evil

Between the conversion kits and the support offered by the X-Wing squad builder app, you’ll have everything that you need to completely customize your squadron and play with all of your existing ships in the game’s second edition

com·plete
kəmˈplēt/
adjective

1. 1.
    having all the necessary or appropriate parts

17 hours ago, papy72 said:

Right, you do get one in the Core Set.  But what if I want more?  As an Imperial player I have to buy Scum ships just for the upgrade card?

pleasesir.jpg?w=474

You only need 1 if you have the app or prebuild cards. You didn't need any more of these cards but you had them.

boost-action.png

2.0 is app build for competitive play which means upgrade cards and pilot cards are optional. The casual play makes builds out of the upgrade cards that are in the expansion.

Only if you are using some variant of casual where you have upgrades swapped do you need more than a single copy, then again it might just be easier to use the app.

51 minutes ago, Herowannabe said:

I don’t want to get entangled in the debate, I just popped in to ask a favor.

@X Wing Nut can you please edit your original post and add the missing “r” in “afterburners” in the title? It’s driving me nuts! ?

but that would be breaking my always has a spelling mistake trend ;) 

35 minutes ago, Marinealver said:

pleasesir.jpg?w=474

You only need 1 if you have the app or prebuild cards. You didn't need any more of these cards but you had them.

boost-action.png

2.0 is app build for competitive play which means upgrade cards and pilot cards are optional. The casual play makes builds out of the upgrade cards that are in the expansion.

Only if you are using some variant of casual where you have upgrades swapped do you need more than a single copy, then again it might just be easier to use the app.

I’m pretty sure cards are still going to be required for tournament play. 

11 hours ago, Darth evil said:

so i own 4 Autothrusters and i don't get the 2.0 equivalent even if i buy a core set, 1 scum conversion kit and 1 Empire conersion kit. Lets just say my original hype has diminished and i believe that FFG has instead instilled a false hope to many ppl.

Lol. 

You bought 2 sets of the starviper to get 4 sets of autothrusters so now you expect the core set and faction upgrade kits to have 4 copies of afterburners?!

unbelievable.