X Wing Nut

Afterburnes is this where the lie comes undone?

man you guys will complain about everything....

FFG stated that a conversion kit AND the core (which you have to buy for the damage deck at minimum) will net you everything. Afterburners is in the core, the fact they didnt give you enough to spam it isnt their problem.

Its a business. Businesses do not hand out their product. Stop expecting them to.

Besides Afterburners to me is more of a top-pilot upgrade to further boost his/her survivability, not something you spam in a generic list.

4 minutes ago, Vineheart01 said:

Besides Afterburners to me is more of a top-pilot upgrade to further boost his/her survivability, not something you spam in a generic list.

It feels like something virtually every ace will want, so it will probably cost a fortune.  I'm expecting it to be of the order of 1e Engine Upgrade, and therefore probably not worth spamming.

If the core set only has one copy it's a little disappointing but I'll live.

Exactly

There is no way this thing is cheap. Its a while-stressed free boost. And its not red so its not stressing you either, so if you didnt do a red move you can potentially triple-action depending on the ship's action bar. In a meta where action cheating is being reared back a bit thats HUGE and theres no way its cheap.
Vader will have it, possibly Wedge/Luke, any Defender (due to their cost you'd want to stack things like this anyway), and most of the Fangs will want it. Outside that? Betting its too expensive to bother.

1 minute ago, Vineheart01 said:

Exactly

There is no way this thing is cheap. Its a while-stressed free boost. And its not red so its not stressing you either, so if you didnt do a red move you can potentially triple-action depending on the ship's action bar. In a meta where action cheating is being reared back a bit thats HUGE and theres no way its cheap.
Vader will have it, possibly Wedge/Luke, any Defender (due to their cost you'd want to stack things like this anyway), and most of the Fangs will want it. Outside that? Betting its too expensive to bother.

StarVipers, too.  Ironically enough.

When I played v1 I didn't proximity cards. Big mistake. Know it will all be in the app or online, so proxies cards for me. I just hope we will have this no miniature pack for playing my firesprey without buying all scum, as I still need cardboard and pilot cards

Edited by player2422845

1 hour ago, papy72 said:

The lie is that FFG is on record as saying that you wouldn't have to buy outside-of-faction stuff just for an upgrade card.  They even said something like "no more autothrusters expansions".

So right now, to get a second Afterburners I have to buy a Fang Fighter.  Because, you know, it would be stupid to buy a whole Core Set just for one card.

I have wondered from day one when these blanket statements were made just how they were going to implement them.  What I thought was going to happen was that a non-faction upgrade card would need to be included in one mini for each faction in each wave.  That, apparently, isn't happening.

So let me get this straight:

FFG is printing  the upgrade and it comes with the core set. But you want more. So you'd have to potentially buy Fang fighter expansions to get multiple copies. 

WHAT’S THE PROBLEM?! 

2 minutes ago, BlodVargarna said:

FFG is printing  the upgrade and it comes with the core set. But you want more. So you'd have to potentially buy Fang fighter expansions to get multiple copies. 

WHAT’S THE PROBLEM?! 

I'm not interested in buying/playing Scum ships.  And, based on statements from FFG, I shouldn't need to.

one option for the card now (we don't even know for sure if the fang comes with it) more options for it in future waves. this is the way of things......

Edit: The preview image implies that it is in the expansion.

Edited by PanchoX1

1 minute ago, PanchoX1 said:

one option for the card now (we don't even know for sure if the fang comes with it) more options for it in future waves. this is the way of things......

it's shown in the Fang preview article, so I'd assume it's included in the pack.

1 hour ago, Vineheart01 said:

man you guys will complain about everything....

FFG stated that a conversion kit AND the core (which you have to buy for the damage deck at minimum) will net you everything. Afterburners is in the core, the fact they didnt give you enough to spam it isnt their problem.

Its a business. Businesses do not hand out their product. Stop expecting them to.

Also... I don’t think all ships are getting the ability for modifications, right?  So we won’t be able to slap these on ANY ship.

My two cents: We should all wait for new rules and app to be released before running for cover. 

That too.

Imo the only obvious choice for no mods is the Z-95 and TIE Fighter, theyre budget ships after all why spend time doing special modifications. But there has to be a handful of ships w/o a mod otherwise it would just be insanely unfair for the like 1-3 ships that lack them.

While FFG might not have technically lied, that's less important than how people perceive it IMO.

If Afterburner is something you might want to run 2-3 of in a Rebel or Imperial list, but the only way to do so is to buy several Core sets or Fang fighter people will feel it's the Autothrusters or Expertise scenario all over again,only now with FFG giving them straight bull that it's not. 

I am disappointed if ffg have done the upgrade card trick on us again after making it appear those days were over.

I was of the understanding that the full contents of the wave 1 releases (releases of old ships only) would be in the conversion kits for each faction, so if the card is in the fang pack it should be in the Scum conversion kit.  I appreciate that some cards might appear in other factions later down the line.

I was a little sad that the conversion kits did not have the threat cards in them from wave 1 but was ok as I fully expect them to be available to download etc.

But if wave 1 releases contain upgrades that are not in the respective conversion kit then that is really cheeky and very disappointing in my view.

This also casts heavy doubt on the you won't need to buy plastic in future waves.  If they are going to sell the card packs without the upgrades that come in those packs that have the ship in them then there is no point as upgrade cards are a vital part of the game.  This will force us to buy plastic when we have been clearly told we don't need to.

I hope that the unboxing vids are pre production copies that deliberately left out various items that could then be spoiled in previews etc, but when the mains packs hit they will have them in.

There is no way the Interceptor and awing don’t come with this card in wave 2. Hold off on the pitchforks until we see what the cardboard only upgrade packs look like. 

Also, this thing is going to be 8 points minimum, so you probably aren’t going to want 5 of these anyways. 

Edited by HolySorcerer

9 minutes ago, Storgar said:

I was of the understanding that the full contents of the wave 1 releases (releases of old ships only) would be in the conversion kits for each faction

At the moment it doesn't look like they're in the Wave 1 releases either, just the core set.

8 minutes ago, Storgar said:

No they are in the fang fighter preview.

Something is definitely odd considering they also say: 

All of the ship and upgrade cards included in the Fang Fighter Expansion Pack can also be found in the Scum and Villainy Conversion Kit.

And they don't appear in the Conversion Kit either. Unless they're working under the assumption that you'll have a Core Set as well. Or they were a late addition and they're in the small baggie in the kit.

Edited by __underscore__

3 minutes ago, Storgar said:

No they are in the fang fighter preview.

swz13_a3_fang-fighter_spread2.png

Relevant Image. This isn't definitive proof there's a copy of afterburners in the Fang Fighter (Remember 5x Cavern Angels Zealot? Or the change to the Mist Hunter contents?), but it does suggest it might be in there. Of course, Darth Vader's threat card mentions Afterburners as well, so it might be in the Tie Advanced kit, too.