tsondaboy

Lando is back for IX!

47 minutes ago, tsondaboy said:

Until the ST's murder bender turns to him. They already got Luke, Han, Ackbar, Wedge (likely), and Leia (likely killed off screen now due to Carrie's passing). Just wait for Episode 9 to need an emotional moment/heroic death and him just to happen to be there.

I mean, yes it is great to see Billie D back as Lando but I fear the worst for Lando in the film.

18 minutes ago, Admiral Deathrain said:

Except for Lando and Chewie, so we can have the third Han memorial scene?

Well, let's hope that it's a bit better done than in TLJ.

"Chewie breaks Luke's door down*

Luke: "...where's Han?"

*Chewie wanders off for comedy moments with Porg for the rest of the film*

1 hour ago, FTS Gecko said:

Well, let's hope that it's a bit better done than in TLJ.

"Chewie breaks Luke's door down*

Luke: "...where's Han?"

*Chewie wanders off for comedy moments with Porg for the rest of the film*

Not sure if there even was room for more than that, though. Since Chewies range of vocal limitations is...limited, it would have been just a monologue scene by Luke, so potentially really iffy. The way Lukes emotional reaction was conveyed in that scene and when he tours the Falcon was enough for me. Though I am of the opinion that the fewer the wookie growls, the better.

I honestly don't even care anymore.

Han is dead. Luke is dead. Carrier is dead so Leia won't be appearing again. There is literally no meaning left in seeing him appear.

Although $100 says Lando is Finn's long-lost father to throw the fans a bone after the Rey debacle.

9 hours ago, Animewarsdude said:

Until the ST's murder bender turns to him. They already got Luke, Han, Ackbar, Wedge (likely), and Leia (likely killed off screen now due to Carrie's passing). Just wait for Episode 9 to need an emotional moment/heroic death and him just to happen to be there.

I mean, yes it is great to see Billie D back as Lando but I fear the worst for Lando in the film.

Well given the new fascination with "subverting expectations" maybe they'll let Lando make it through the movie alive. 

1 minute ago, Shadow345 said:

Lando and Mara Jade (Keri Russell?) to be Rey's parents?

It's possible these characters would be "nobodies" from Kylo's perspective.

"nobodies" qualifies well for Han and Leia too, thats where I put my money on.

4 hours ago, Robin Graves said:

Any idea what Lando was doing between episode VI and VII?

I'm calling it now: He's running his own smuggler ring/mercenary sindicate. Maybe he even took over Jabba's operation.

Honestly, I was really rather hoping he'd be the Master Slicer they were looking for (and failed to actually meet) in TLJ.

57 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

Honestly, I was really rather hoping he'd be the Master Slicer they were looking for (and failed to actually meet) in TLJ.

That would have been great if it happened.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Shadow345 said:

Lando and Mara Jade (Keri Russell?) to be Rey's parents?

BARF. I ALREADY hated Kevin J. Anderson trying to put Lando and Mara together in the old EU. If that's how they decide to use her in Nucanon it's just another reason for me to not even bother with IX.

Frankly I'd rather they not use Mara at all at this point, because they can't use the plot that helped to make her a fan favorite in the first **** place.

Edited by Ambaryerno

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, JJ48 said:

It should have been him in ep 8, yeah.

But they don't need a slicer anymore, they need some serious backup since pretty much the entire resistance now fits inside the Millenium Falcon.

Edited by Robin Graves

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Robin Graves said:

It should have been him in ep 8, yeah.

But they don't need a slicer anymore, they need some serious backup since pretty much the entire resistance now fits inside the Millenium Falcon.

Is he going to come back and say that now the Falcon should rightfully return to him?

Edited by JJ48

On 7/11/2018 at 11:57 AM, JJ48 said:

Is he going to come back and say that now the Falcon should rightfully return to him?

To which Chewbacca replies:

Hmmm..... Yeah, that sounds good. I'm done with you people and your causes. I'm going home now. 

4 hours ago, Bucknife said:

To which Chewbacca replies:

Hmmm..... Yeah, that sounds good. I'm done with you people and your causes. I'm going home now. 

This is a pretty important point.  Chewie's life debt is paid, his friends are pretty much all dead and gone.  He doesn't owe Rey anything (if anything, its the other way around).  Why doesn't he just take the Falcon, go home to Kashyyyk and be a family man?

28 minutes ago, FTS Gecko said:

This is a pretty important point.  Chewie's life debt is paid, his friends are pretty much all dead and gone.  He doesn't owe Rey anything (if anything, its the other way around).  Why doesn't he just take the Falcon, go home to Kashyyyk and be a family man?

Would this be a second Holiday Special, or were you thinking a full sitcom?