Sign in to follow this  
Jedu

Bomb and shield tokens in conversion kits

I've been thinking about this, are there going to be bomb and shield tokens in conversion kits?

FFG gives us upgrade cards in the conversion kits, but in the photo of instruction and content of the kit spoiled here there is nothing about bomb tokens. Also, it says nothing about shield tokens, and as far as I'm concerned -  there is new design of shield tokens in 2.0. Can anyone tell me what is going on?

32 minutes ago, Jedu said:

I've been thinking about this, are there going to be bomb and shield tokens in conversion kits?

FFG gives us upgrade cards in the conversion kits, but in the photo of instruction and content of the kit spoiled here there is nothing about bomb tokens. Also, it says nothing about shield tokens, and as far as I'm concerned -  there is new design of shield tokens in 2.0. Can anyone tell me what is going on?

It looks like there are several other tokens missing in that list too. 

But looking at a unboxing video, the page bore shows the bomb device tokens.

Posted (edited)

There are no bomb or shield tokens. You can use old bomb tokens, and most likely old shields, although with the recent string of awful anti-consumer decisions I wouldn't be suprised if those were banned.

3 minutes ago, Odanan said:

It looks like there are several other tokens missing in that list too. 

But looking at a unboxing video, the page bore shows the bomb device tokens.

Only descriptions, there are no bomb tokens.

Edited by eMeM

25 minutes ago, Azrapse said:

Supposedly the bomb tokens are the same as in 1.0, so you can use those.
And the Core 2.0 perhaps has more than the minimum amount of shield and evade tokens?

Hopefully, yes. Still weird since there are focus tokens in the Conversion kits, and all the other updated tokens.

While 1st edition shield and 2nd edition shield tokens technically function differently, I think FFG decided that players that are converting would keep using their 1st edition shield tokens as the function is not so different as to be completely non-functional. Just keep using them the way you already do. I bet tourney rules will specifically state that like tokens will still be allowed. I also imagine they factored in the printing cost (probably the printing cost first then deciding it would be okay for 1st edition players to use those tokens). 

Not saying it isn't frustrating but I have to imagine this is how FFG came to the decision.

8 minutes ago, Ixidor said:

While 1st edition shield and 2nd edition shield tokens technically function differently, I think FFG decided that players that are converting would keep using their 1st edition shield tokens as the function is not so different as to be completely non-functional. Just keep using them the way you already do. I bet tourney rules will specifically state that like tokens will still be allowed. I also imagine they factored in the printing cost (probably the printing cost first then deciding it would be okay for 1st edition players to use those tokens). 

Not saying it isn't frustrating but I have to imagine this is how FFG came to the decision.

Yeah, given all the hullabaloo that already exists over there not being enough ship tokens to field all the generic ships, I’d much rather have more ship tokens than more shield tokens. 

@FTS Geckoand I were lucky enough to have had a look at the rebel kit at UKGE. I think he'd agree that it was packed to the brim. We had trouble getting all the stuff to fit back into it.

Maybe it would have been nice to have the box a little bit bigger with a few more pilot tokens, but no way would I want shields or bombs cramming things further 

Bombs would be nice especially if you didn't have them in 1.0 due to faction restrictions (kinda hard to find conners outside rebels)

But shields and focus and stuff? They're the same dang thing.

Sure 2.0 shields are cute because you get to flip them over which helps with organizing, but the mechanic itself is identical 

44 minutes ago, GuacCousteau said:

Y'all are way too generous.

I'm starting to get annoyed with how stingy these conversion kits are.

Would it really have hurt their bottom line so much too include one extra sheet of cardboard with some shield and target lock tokens on to make sure we have enough of the new 2e standard?

Yes. From what I heard on the forums an extra cardboard sheet would make the kits cost 7x as much (that may or may not be hyperbolized)

9 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

Sure 2.0 shields are cute because you get to flip them over which helps with organizing, but the mechanic itself is identical 

But why not include some anyway?

I can't believe how many people seem to not want extra content for their money.

It's a few pennies worth of sodding cardboard. I'd just like to keep my tokens consistent across a full list's worth of ships.

**** me right?

1 minute ago, GuacCousteau said:

It's a few pennies worth of sodding cardboard. I'd just like to keep my tokens consistent across a full list's worth of ships.

**** me right?

Yeah, for me it seems like a missed opportunity, an incomplete kit. Why include the new focus tokens (and all others really), but no evade nor shield tokens? Inconsistent.

I agree. it's strange that the new designed flippable shields are absent from the kits. supposedly, there are several in the core. I know there was a core unboxing vid but I don't remember seeing how many tokens were in it.

2 hours ago, player2072913 said:

@FTS Geckoand I were lucky enough to have had a look at the rebel kit at UKGE. I think he'd agree that it was packed to the brim. We had trouble getting all the stuff to fit back into it.

Maybe it would have been nice to have the box a little bit bigger with a few more pilot tokens, but no way would I want shields or bombs cramming things further 

No word of a lie, those conversion kits are Heavy.  With the capital H!

1 hour ago, GuacCousteau said:

**** me right?

It's not a question of price, but of space in the box 

Shield/focus/evade Token sprues take up a ridiculous amount of volume 

And since they're not actually needed, I could give a wet fart about them