Sign in to follow this  
terryfuller

Will FFG debut a new LCG at Gen Con 2018?

Hey-O Everyone!

As we saw the Star Wars and Android: Netrunner games leave town this year, I feel a real need in my gamer soul for a new, jam-packed L.C.G. 

As far as I know, FFG hasn't announced anything debuting at Gen Con. The past helps me induce that the company will have something new and amazing in their hands at the convention.

What do you all think they will debut at Gen Con?

As for me personally, I cannot talk myself into investing in a blind-purchase,booster-pack, collectible, card game. However, I'd get in line for a well-playing, living card game.

I suspect there’s a strong chance of an announcement; this is the “we’ll be releasing this at GenCon next year” point in the cycle - regardless, I’ve sworn an oath to myself to leave LCGs for a cycle or two from here on out.

I’m super excited about the fact that VTES has gone back into print (only products so far are aimed at vets), but it doesn’t look like they’ll be doing random distribution this time around.

We would have gotten an announcement if they had a new LCG for gencon this year by now

L5R was announced a year beforehand, and Arkham Horror was announcing in the winter or at Arkham Nights the year before I think

Yes, Ersatz

I feel very excited for the reprint of VTES! Do you feel like the gameplay needs any tweaks?

Also, I don't know, Radix, I feel like FFG could drop a game a couple of weeks prior to Gen Con to get that draw-drop, instant-buzz effect, like, "FFG announces Dune LCG!"

It seems like FFG has so much invested in the Android Universe. They have to do something huge with this intellectual property, outside of a half-baked, Netrunner spin-off.