Rettere

Han Solo Sculpt

I concur that the miniature looks odd in both paint schemes.

As I'm thinking about proxying a lot of miniatures anyways I might give my freshly ordered 'Rebel Captain' (Cassian Andor) from Skull Forge Studios a try as Han proxy.

I just don't understand the process - how that got from a mock up to a prototype to getting a mold cast for it without someone along the line saying "Yo, my 6-year old could roll a Play-Doh blob that looks more like Han." And someone got paid for it.

It's like someone knew they were getting fired and snuck that into production as parting revenge.

3 hours ago, Albertese said:

Aren't the IA models noticeably smaller in scale? 

IA Leia stands a full head (and a little bit) shorter than a Legion Stormtrooper.

However, put the IA Leia, base and all, on top of a Legion Base - and you're Head-Height matching things in Legion.

36832202_10156815260390832_4301249819541

36866239_10156815260180832_7167914277989

Man, those pics are so out of focus...  But as you can see with the Grid, everything is lined up straight.

Edited by Drasnighta

The Imperial Assault Han was phenomenal- this one only makes me want to spin up an alt version like L_A_D here- an alt Han with an entirely different figure that looks good...  I did it with my Leia and I predict I will need to do it with many future characters- it's ok for me as I don't enjoy playing the main characters in teh movies- if I get leia killed, how was she still alive later?  

When GW did LOTR, they had to get the Actors and the LOTR ownership to sign off on the sculpts. I'm guessing there's no such arrangement for Legion, (even though I'm sure Harrison Ford doesn't give two-hoots over this), ultimately, it's his likeness we want to see here.

Paint up with Grey hair and give he Longmire feel.

I've heard some grumbles that the Rebel Fleet troopers were better in IA than Legion also, so, I'm guessing that the sculpt crew is different for each game?

On 7/7/2018 at 12:46 PM, DelGriffen said:

I might just use the imperial assault model with modified base

I think I'll also do that. Get some use out of my unused, and mostly unopened, IA collection.

It's a bad sculpt.  It's also not the greatest paintjob (high quality work, but failed to highlight any features to make it look like han).

Sure, the sculpt is also high quality, but it doesn't really match Ford's face or hair, and it's the wrong **** outfit.  Why go with Han in his least iconic outfit that he only wore for a small part of 1 movie?  Seriously, he didn't even wear the duster during the battle scene on the moon.  He had it on while they were trudging around the forest.  The ewoks removed it and he never got it back.

Google Han Solo.  Even with the new movie, 90% of the pictures are Ford wearing the iconic dark pants, white shirt and black vest.  That should be the outfit for the sculpt.