rrecalis

My Endor Table

Hello fellow Legionnaires!  I was so inspired by Bhunter46's post that I decided to give my own Endor table a go!

Like Bhunter46, I've never done anything like this before, so here is the end result of my labor of love.  Obviously credit goes to Bhunter46, especially for the wrecked AT-ST (I love that idea) and a shout out to Sorastro for the great pine tree tutorial video which I followed to build the trees.

Here are some photos:

endor4.jpg.d5a91834882cf521601adc100ca85318.jpg

endor6.jpg.cb2fe31562788df8f7965f5a031a72c3.jpg

Not to be a jerk but that table is truly hideous.  You should just very, very, very carefully pack it and send it to me.  I'll be a good neighbor and "dispose" of it for you.  I'll do this out of the goodness of my own heart, not because it looks totally awesome or anything.   ?  

Oh!  And don't forget to include the forest mat.  ?

Your Endor table turned out great! I still need to get a nice playmat for mine. Do you recommend that one you got?

i love your Ewok Village. I'd love to build one some day, but I don't have the time or enough space in my home to store it at this point in time. ?

Awesome table! I'm currently creating an Endor one myself. I've seen that Ewok Village before and love to get one, but I don't have access to a 3D printer, I live in the States (most of the 3D print services are outside US... at least that I've found), and the price is usually out of my range. Love that wrecked AT-ST! Also would like to see pics of in-game with this set up.

- Cedric

11 hours ago, JBar said:

Wow! How did you do the Ewok village? Also, which gaming mat is that?

The Ewok village is a 3d print - you can find the files here:  https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2869262
For the mat I went with the F.A.T. Mat 'Forest Planet':  http://www.tablewar.com/6x3-forest-planet-f-a-t-mat-gaming-mat/

10 hours ago, Bhunter46 said:

Your Endor table turned out great! I still need to get a nice playmat for mine. Do you recommend that one you got?

i love your Ewok Village. I'd love to build one some day, but I don't have the time or enough space in my home to store it at this point in time. ?

Thanks!  I looked at a few different mats (e.g. the one Sorastro used in his pine tree terrain video looked good too).  The deciding factor for me was what my FLGS in Canada carried for a reasonable price.  This one has images of paths which I actually liked, though not everyone may appreciate those patterns.

Yeah, this model is huge, but the nice thing is it comes completely apart which makes it easy to store disassembled - that fact helped me pull the trigger :-)

10 hours ago, Lord Cedric said:

Awesome table! I'm currently creating an Endor one myself. I've seen that Ewok Village before and love to get one, but I don't have access to a 3D printer, I live in the States (most of the 3D print services are outside US... at least that I've found), and the price is usually out of my range. Love that wrecked AT-ST! Also would like to see pics of in-game with this set up.

- Cedric

Thanks!  I'd love to see your take on Endor - I'm always interested in new ideas.  When I first came across Bhunter46's wrecked AT-ST I knew I just had to try and replicate it for myself.  I found a local Canadian online shop that carried the same Bandai 1/48 scale model, and matched as closely as possible using only the pictures to go on.  Here's a close-up showing the scale alongside a few stormtroopers:

endor7.jpg.33ebcfff4242fbf26c6bccf5e54265cd.jpg

Looks great.  I've been eyeing the Ewok village for some time but really wanted to keep my terrain more non-descript since I was wanting to keep my options open for games. 

After seeing it painted up and on a board, I've asked a friend to print it up for me. It's just too awesome to not add to my collection.

7 hours ago, Zeph01 said:

im late to this post but its amazing!  how did you make the piles of chopped up lumber?

Thanks!  I've had a lot of fun playing on this 🙂 
For the lumber I used the same wooden dowels that I used to make the tree trunks (either 1/2" or 3/4" diameter).  I trimmed off various lengths from the 36" dowels I started with, then carved both ends of each log to give them that 'chopped' look, and painted the lengths brown.  I then super-glued the logs together in the patterns I wanted, mounting them onto 5mm foamcore cut-outs (also painted).  For the moss effects I used a selection of coarse turf, fine turf, and lichen from woodland scenics.

4 hours ago, Sharkbelly said:

Awesome looking board!

Thanks!

2 hours ago, FSD said:

Looks great.  I've been eyeing the Ewok village for some time but really wanted to keep my terrain more non-descript since I was wanting to keep my options open for games. 

After seeing it painted up and on a board, I've asked a friend to print it up for me. It's just too awesome to not add to my collection.

Thanks!  I had the same thought - too awesome to deny it a spot in my collection 🙂  For painting I kept it really simple … Citadel Mournfang Brown spray on the tree-supports and Army Painter Leather Brown for the platforms and walkways (only because these were what I had on hand).  The roofs for the 3 'huts' were the only parts I painted by hand since I had to mix to get the straw colour.

27 minutes ago, Zeph01 said:

Thank you so much for responding!   for the scatter terrain with the trees, is that insulation board?   (im new to making terrain haha)

My pleasure!  I used 1" thick Styrofoam for the tree bases.  If you Google search on 'Scenery with Sorastro', you'll find his excellent youtube video with step-by-step instructions on exactly how to build these.  I had no prior experience with making terrain either, and what you see in the above photos was the result after my first attempt at following the video.

On 7/7/2018 at 1:28 PM, rrecalis said:

Thanks!  I'd love to see your take on Endor - I'm always interested in new ideas. 

Your Endor looks great...love the village(although I am surpised Imperial patrols allowed it so close to the Radar dish 😄

I also love looking at peoples tables for inspiration and ideas.   I started a 'show us your Table' thread but it didnt stay live long 😱

xbv7aED.jpg

kKnjq5l.jpg

W4Bkau1.jpg

c8dNbIC.jpg

3 hours ago, Zeph01 said:

wow another nice endor table!  is that bunker and landing pad from battle kiwi?

Thanks.

Yes they are.  Got the full lot on KS when the first announced it.

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 9:41 AM, VAYASAN said:

I also love looking at peoples tables for inspiration and ideas.   I started a 'show us your Table' thread but it didnt stay live long 😱

W4Bkau1.jpg

This looks great!  I love the hollow log centerpiece.  What are the various models of ready-made trees you're using here?  I've been slowly acquiring a selection of woodland scenics, 4ground, and ziterdes tree models to mix in amongst the trees I made myself.

1 hour ago, rrecalis said:

This looks great!  I love the hollow log centerpiece.  What are the various models of ready-made trees you're using here?  I've been slowly acquiring a selection of woodland scenics, 4ground, and ziterdes tree models to mix in amongst the trees I made myself.

Thanks.

The only ready made ones are the pines on the smaller oval sections.  I cant remember the name/make but i have some in their bag in the attic still.  Ill try check tomorrow night.

Hollow log was pretty easy to make in truth, followed a guide on youtube