Sign in to follow this  
Zrob314

Change of Plans and Reckless Diversion

Change of Plans:

Han Solo & 2 Units

When this card is revealed you may discard it to return an opponent's command card to their hand.  If you do, return to the Select Command Card Step.  That  Opponent cannot select the command card that was returned to their hand. 

1. Select Command Card: Each player secretly selects a command card from their hand and places it facedown on the table. Then, both players simultaneously reveal their cards. (RRG Page 2)

So, this is an either/or right?

I can either use it as a three pip card and assign tokens to Han +2 or I can discard it and we start over but you don't get to play your super card.

Am I reading that right?

Reckless Diversion:

Han Solo & 1 Trooper

When an enemy trooper performs an attack, it must attack a trooper unit that has a faceup order token, if available.

This is Biggs for Legion, right?  

Didn't they just decide that was too OP for X-wing and not fun because it removed choice from a player?

This impacts: 

Implacable

Mortars

Maximum Firepower

Orbital Bombardment

Son of Skywalker (I'm sorry, but Luke has LOS on that trooper unit at range 2, he will be doing ranged attacks rather than a double lightsaber)

Esteemed leader + an honor guard. + emergency stims + or refreshing dodge tokens (and some mad dice luck)....the right units could take a whole round of fire from your opponent and survive

9 minutes ago, Zrob314 said:

Am I reading that right?

Yeah, I read it the same way.

9 minutes ago, Zrob314 said:

This impacts: 

Implacable

[...]

Son of Skywalker (I'm sorry, but Luke has LOS on that trooper unit at range 2, he will be doing ranged attacks rather than a double lightsaber)

Reckless Diversion says "... if able". Being engaged prevents you from making ranged attacks, so you can proceed to slice up whatever you're engaged with.

I don't know if it's OP yet, but there is a strong parallel with Biggs... We shall see.

edit: actually, one of the differences from Biggs is that activation order matters. It only works for units with a faceup order token, so the enemy could potentially wait you out if they really want to shoot something else. And it only works during one round. I'm definitely not ready for any "OP" calls just yet.

Edited by nashjaee

12 minutes ago, Zrob314 said:

Change of Plans:

Han Solo & 2 Units

When this card is revealed you may discard it to return an opponent's command card to their hand.  If you do, return to the Select Command Card Step.  That  Opponent cannot select the command card that was returned to their hand. 

1. Select Command Card: Each player secretly selects a command card from their hand and places it facedown on the table. Then, both players simultaneously reveal their cards. (RRG Page 2)

So, this is an either/or right?

I can either use it as a three pip card and assign tokens to Han +2 or I can discard it and we start over but you don't get to play your super card.

Am I reading that right?

You're reading it right, you can choose to give orders to Han plus 2 other units or discard it to foil your opponent's command card for that turn

12 minutes ago, Zrob314 said:

Reckless Diversion:

Han Solo & 1 Trooper

When an enemy trooper performs an attack, it must attack a trooper unit that has a faceup order token, if available.

Didn't they just decide that was too OP for X-wing and not fun because it removed choice from a player?

This impacts: 

Implacable

Mortars

Maximum Firepower

Orbital Bombardment

Esteemed leader + an honor guard. + emergency stims + or refreshing dodge tokens (and some mad dice luck)....the right units could take a whole round of fire from your opponent and survive

I don't see it so terrible. For instance, with Son of Skywalker, if Luke gets into melee with a trooper unit or another commander, he can do his double tap with the lightsaber because:

"While a trooper unit is in a melee with another trooper unit, those units are engaged. A unit that is engaged cannot perform moves, cannot be displaced, cannot perform ranged attacks, and cannot be targeted by ranged attacks."

Also, if you have Han and the other unit with the face up command token at range 3 or lower from Veers, you can still use Maximum Firepower for example against any other unit in the correct range and line of sight. Reckless diversion says to attack them only if able.

Edited by Lemmiwinks86

44 minutes ago, Zrob314 said:

Biggs was always on. When they nerfed him they made him a “once per game effect,” just like a command card. This makes the correct use of the taunt ability an important strategic choice, and introduces counterplay. 

Han is going to be frustrating to play against when your opponent is able to read you well and disrupt you effectively. But he is not at all an easy commander to plug and play, since he relies heavily on predicting your opponent’s command cards and leveraging that disruption. 

Well it specifies trooper units must shoot at the ordered unit. So vehicles can ignore it, so you can take mortars off your list 

I don't think it's going to be such a problem. Nowhere near Biggs level annoying, as like previously stated, Biggs was an always on nightmare 

4 hours ago, MasterShake2 said:

It is pretty reckless, but given the choice, I'm not a fan of blocking with a 120pt commander...

I agree, that's a pretty expensive blocker. But, you could activate Han early in the round so then he can't be shot at any more.

That may actually be a really good tactic with the card. Force the opponent to fire on one of the units, then activate that one half way through the round to now force the fire to be shifted to the other unit. Spread the love.

Between Low Profile, Uncanny Luck, and the option to take Esteemed Leader, I bet Han could draw a lot of fire without taking too many wounds. Proper cover and Guardian could absorb 3 or 4 shots and Uncanny could deflect 2 of the next 3 hits or crits. If you ran Leia as well, she could add a dodge token for extra protection.

Han is going to be crazy hard to kill.  That's true.  But I don't see him doing a lot of damage.  Even at the max of four red dice a turn with powers, that's not OP, and it's short range.  He doesn't buff other units the way Leia does or kill like Luke.  I'm not saying he sucks, but I am also far from on the OP bandwagon.

9 hours ago, Brightguy said:

Han is going to be crazy hard to kill.  That's true.  But I don't see him doing a lot of damage.  Even at the max of four red dice a turn with powers, that's not OP, and it's short range.  He doesn't buff other units the way Leia does or kill like Luke.  I'm not saying he sucks, but I am also far from on the OP bandwagon.

I agree Han is a really nice commander but the twins have such a great synergy I don’t see either getting swapped out for Han (well only to test him that is). They got it mixed up empire needs a new commander not rebels