Sign in to follow this  
RedDogReb

First Purchase and Fleet Builder

Hi,

Having played my second game (as Imperials again) at my local club, I have bought a few ships from a FB trading site for what I think is a bargain price.

The 'fleet' I now have is as follows:

VSD, ISD, 2 destoyers, a Raider, 11 tie fighters inc all the cards etc. (£60 posted !)

Now I need to try and mould that in to a fleet, and wondered if there was a fleet builder app somewhere?

I've looked briefly on App Store for Apple (Ipad) and Android (phone), but not found anything.

I'm sure there must be at least one somewhere and would be grateful for a pointer to it.

Thanks in advance.

PS My son has the core set and is playing rebels, so we have the rules etc!

Edited by RedDogReb

I personally prefer this one: https://armada.ryankingston.com/

Especially if you're using different devices,(to me) the overview on smaller devices seems better, whithout the need of a compact builder, as warlords has.
Downside is, without a donation you can only save your fleets by hitting print and choose the "print to .pdf" option.
But the builder works really well, is intuitive and you can draft or recreate a fleet within a minute. 

And if you want to save the fleet in the builder, then even a donation of 1 Canadian Dollar (or equal amount in local currency) is enough to sign up.

EDIT:

Of course a hearty welcome too!

Also: Yes that seems a bargain

Edited by R4Pi3R

On 7/5/2018 at 2:48 PM, R4Pi3R said:

Downside is, without a donation you can only save your fleets by hitting print and choose the "print to .pdf" option.
But the builder works really well, is intuitive and you can draft or recreate a fleet within a minute. 

Err, nope! Warlords is 100% free and donations only add a "donator" status to the account, but it has no additional features included.

9 minutes ago, Nevetz said:

Err, nope! Warlords is 100% free and donations only add a "donator" status to the account, but it has no additional features included.

You are - correct - as the designer of Warlords.  ?

However, he was referring to RyanKingstons ?

What Dras says :D

And don't get me wrong, in no way I am smalling or critisizing your efforts on the warlords builder! It's an amazing tool and I used it for a very long time.
I just like RyanKingstons builder more for use on my phone while sitting on a bus or somesuch. And since I don't want to use different tools for the same job I stuck with it.
If I were  only using a builder on a "big" screen, i too would say your's is my go to :)

50 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

You are - correct - as the designer of Warlords.  ?

However, he was referring to RyanKingstons ?

20 minutes ago, R4Pi3R said:

What Dras says :D

And don't get me wrong, in no way I am smalling or critisizing your efforts on the warlords builder! It's an amazing tool and I used it for a very long time.
I just like RyanKingstons builder more for use on my phone while sitting on a bus or somesuch. And since I don't want to use different tools for the same job I stuck with it.
If I were  only using a builder on a "big" screen, i too would say your's is my go to :)

Wops, slight misread.

Also, don't worry, I've always been very open with other builders, having more choices is good for the players themselves and developers like me and Ryan. I also have to say that his builder really made very, very good step forwards in design and usability, which is always good news for the Community.