Sign in to follow this  
Cloaker

Zuckuss was robbed--The Rebel Bias is strong

11 hours ago, ClassicalMoser said:

Makes sense but it’s still weird to me that he’s the best Rebel commander available. Not Hera, Wedge, Luke, Han, or Leia (to say nothing of Dodonna, Mothma, Sato, et al.)

In regards to his ability? I believe its supposed to reflect how intimidating Fenn is to his opponents if he's got them in his sights, rather than a tactical advantage. Specifically like how Hera and Sabine lose their cool when he overwhelms them when they go to Concord Dawn. That and they obviously wanted to give him a support ability on his support ship.

That and the 'cool spectre squad ghost/phantom coordinate trick' all got very out of hand very quickly  but I believe there was thematic reasoning behind its initial design concept.

Edited by BVRCH

1 minute ago, BVRCH said:

In regards to his ability? I believe its supposed to reflect how intimidating Fenn is to his opponents if he's got them in his sights, rather than a tactical advantage. Specifically like how Hera and Sabine lose their cool when he overwhelms them when they go to Concord Dawn. That and they obviously wanted to give him a support ability on his support ship.

That and the 'cool spectre squad ghost/phantom coordinate trick' all got very out of hand very quickl:P but I believe there was thematic reasoning behind its initial design concept.

There was something behind the initial design concept alright.. 

The problem with these "thematic reasonings" is that they COULD be applied to all three factions with the same fervor, but they rarely are. 

Or the fact Fenn Rau can be reasonably added to all three factions (being a mandalorian who served both the Empire AND the rebellion), but only two of them gets him. 

9 minutes ago, Commander Kaine said:

There was something behind the initial design concept alright.. 

The problem with these "thematic reasonings" is that they COULD be applied to all three factions with the same fervor, but they rarely are. 

Or the fact Fenn Rau can be reasonably added to all three factions (being a mandalorian who served both the Empire AND the rebellion), but only two of them gets him. 

Many would argue that they have also been applied to the scum faction since its inception. The 'faceless' empire unfortunately misses out on such influential character themes outside of Vader, Tarkin, Thrawn and Sheev. I'm glad that's changing in 2.0, Imps will finally have some decent character options to utilise.

Ehh, I mean I guess Fenn sort of fits in Imps.. at a stretch. I'm a bit of a factional purist though. Compliance under Imperial insurgency doesn't really constitute Fenn being Imperial for me. Reluctant Rebel is an accurate title for him. If Sabine wasn't Mandalorian he wouldn't be following her around either.

I would like to see Gar Saxon hit the Imps roster in 2.0 all being said.

28 minutes ago, BVRCH said:

Many would argue that they have also been applied to the scum faction since its inception. The 'faceless' empire unfortunately misses out on such influential character themes outside of Vader, Tarkin, Thrawn and Sheev. I'm glad that's changing in 2.0, Imps will finally have some decent character options to utilise.

Ehh, I mean I guess Fenn sort of fits in Imps.. at a stretch. I'm a bit of a factional purist though. Compliance under Imperial insurgency doesn't really constitute Fenn being Imperial for me. Reluctant Rebel is an accurate title for him. If Sabine wasn't Mandalorian he wouldn't be following her around either.

I would like to see Gar Saxon hit the Imps roster in 2.0 all being said.

Rebel and Scum bias is not better... It's worse. 

1 hour ago, Commander Kaine said:

Rebel and Scum bias is not better... It's worse. 

Image result for well then you are lost

I can't resist an Obi-meme.

As a player of both Rebel and Imps (I've swapped my scum collection for Imps over the last 6 months or so) I genuinely see a level playing field in 2.0. I have started to love Imps in 1.0, but I'm even more excited by the prospect of Imp options in second edition. The prophecy of doom is weightless until we actually have 2.0 in our hands and something happens to give the notion of bias traction. Whilst Imps have reason to be cautious, Scum certainly do not (i.e. this thread) and bringing 1.0 apprehensions to 2.0 is ultimately frivolous. 

To quote another Jedi; Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. 

Edited by BVRCH

23 minutes ago, BVRCH said:

Image result for well then you are lost

I can't resist an Obi-meme.

As a player of both Rebel and Imps (I've swapped my scum collection for Imps over the last 6 months or so) I genuinely see a level playing field in 2.0. I have started to love Imps in 1.0, but I'm even more excited by the prospect of Imp options in second edition. The prophecy of doom is weightless until we actually have 2.0 in our hands and something happens to give the notion of bias traction. Whilst Imps have reason to be cautious, Scum certainly do not (i.e. this thread) and bringing 1.0 apprehensions to 2.0 is ultimately frivolous. 

To quote another Jedi; Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. 

I will remain in my position until I see change. 

I've seen some things I'm very optimistic about. I think I will enjoy 2.0 infinitely more than 1.0, mostly due to the turret change, and the murder of some cancerous lists. 

It all depends on the point costs... For all we know we could have 5 X-Wings against 5 Interceptors... which is NOT a great deal for us. 

Edited by Commander Kaine