Sign in to follow this  
Pewpewpew BOOM

Major Rhymer - Ordnance Knife Fighter???

1 minute ago, Magnus Grendel said:

He can.

That said, at I4 it's more likely that he's the blockee than the blocker - so Advanced Proton Torpedoes (which use a target lock you might have acquired the previous turn) strike me as a better choice.

Coordinate is probably going to be important in an Ordnance squad, so that can mitigate this issue.

Just now, thespaceinvader said:

Cluster Missiles are probably his best bet, giving him a strong attack at literally all ranges.

Yeah, especially with Saturation Salvo.  You can really make use of those extra charges to make them hurt.  That's where Prockets are probably big.  The Prockets force the action to avoid getting 5 dice, then Saturation Clusters make them re-roll defense dice sans Focus.

4 minutes ago, Biophysical said:

Coordinate is probably going to be important in an Ordnance squad, so that can mitigate this issue.

Exactly what I was thinking.  Going to need some support shuttles out there dishing tokens/actions.  Is there a fleet officer equivalent in 2.0?  

Yeah, I'm just still looking through 1.0 glasses with fleet officer dishing out two focuses to unguided missile bombers that were getting ready to k-turn.  That was my use case.  Totally forget lambda gets coordinate at cost of losing the TL action.

Edited by viedit

2 minutes ago, Biophysical said:

Ummm.... just the Lambda with Coordinate?

The Lambda pilots have some nice ordnance support abilities + there are several cool crew that should support ordnance or swarms nicely.  I may actually field a Lambda for the first time!

One of the lambdas gives your squad effectively LRS for a turn so thats pretty kewl for ordnance users
Course i could see that ability never getting used more than once since its beyond R3, not R3 and beyond, and its everybody not a specific ship. Then again, can only use it twice anyway.

I think Rhymer and Deathfire might see a lot of play in 2.0. Tomax feels like he got nerfed a bit since now hes Reload bound and its red, not to mention all the charged EPTs are bullseye bound or not really useful to him. Doubt we'll see him again.

16 hours ago, viedit said:

Exactly what I was thinking.  Going to need some support shuttles out there dishing tokens/actions.  Is there a fleet officer equivalent in 2.0?  

16 hours ago, Biophysical said:

Ummm.... just the Lambda with Coordinate?

Also a Krennic/Tarkin combination, which can hand out system phase locks on one specific target to your entire squad

15 hours ago, mazz0 said:

"Major Rhymer" always makes me think of someone shouting "Admiral Rimmer" in a restaurant.

Once the Empire feel he moved to Tatooine, and open a Disco. He now goes by Major Rhymes. 

1 hour ago, Pewpewpew BOOM said:

Or he stayed the rappin pilot droppin bomz. 

No word of a lie; Rhymer is my all time favorite pilot. will be odd using him as an actual bomber like.