Sign in to follow this  
drail14me

Kind of wish 2.0 would get delayed.....

Just now, drail14me said:

I’m loving 1.0 wave 14! Think it’s may favorite expansion since I started playing. Really enjoying the Reaper, Krennic and Saw! Almost wish 2.0 would get delayed for 6 months to let the Krennic meta develop. 

Meh, It's fun, but there's something inherently obnoxious about 4x X-Wings with 20 upgrades that have a net cost of -1.

As long as 2.0 keeps the feel, but cleans up the trash, I'm okay with it.

2 hours ago, drail14me said:

I’m loving 1.0 wave 14! Think it’s may favorite expansion since I started playing. Really enjoying the Reaper, Krennic and Saw! Almost wish 2.0 would get delayed for 6 months to let the Krennic meta develop. 

Lol. You just said you enjoy three broken things. Monster. 

13 hours ago, drail14me said:

Among you and your friends, 2.0 can be delayed as long as you want. :D

Don't be too shocked, however, if most of the X-Wing community wants to move on. ;)

5 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

Among you and your friends, 2.0 can be delayed as long as you want. :D

Don't be too shocked, however, if most of the X-Wing community wants to move on. ;)

I know I’m moving on come Aug 2 but I know some players in our local group aren’t and have said they are content to stay with 1.0. I wonder how long 1.0 will hang around?

6 hours ago, Kieransi said:

My guess is about a couple weeks. Once the few people who don't buy 2.0 realize what they're missing and that there's nobody left to play with, they'll either convert to 2.0 or leave for good. 

Guess it depends if you play just for fun or aim for competitive play. If your group is all against 2.0 and doesn't care for tournament play, I can see 1.0 hanging around for a long time. The game is finally complete, so to say

I also know some people who want to keep organizing 1.0 tournaments, excited to see how this turns out

our group will switch to v2 come Sept. We all bought at least the core + one conv. kit.

That said, v1 will live on as we also like HOTAC and play it a lot.

As is, it is balanced when playing rebels and not bad so far when subbing in scum ships. (we house rule a few things to the scum ships)

I imagine a few people will try/succeed in turning all the v1 cards/game into a close v2 game.

Most of the cardboard is easy to convert, so it would just be pilot cards and upgrades.

We won't know exactly what is needed till the app and rules are released in Sept.

5 hours ago, robert t said:

That said, v1 will live on as we also like HOTAC and play it a lot.

I find it hilarious when people say this. HOTAC is not 1.0 and has nothing to do with it. Outside a few tokens there is absolutely nothing in 1.0 that is required in HOTAC that isn’t in 2.0. The rules for the pilot abilities of the rebels are in the pdf, the imperials use none of the 1.0 rules outside basic hit and evade mods, basically you can play HOTAC move for move with 2.0 stuff and the pdf. HOTAC was what I played because 1.0 made me nautious. HOTAC will live on with or without a 2.0 conversion and is in no way a 1.0 experience.

Medium bases would be the only physical thing and last I checked you can still attach large bases to the models so again no 1.0 required.