Sign in to follow this  
Son of Skywalker

Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi needs your help!

Hey Legion lovers I would like to request your help through comments and ideas.  First off I just love "what if" scenarios and what better what if's then if Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi was still alive to help lead the rebellion.  I am looking to for point values, as well as if these abilities truly represent this character.  Also some cool ideas for Obi Wan Kenobi inspired command cards would be awesome!  

Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi (Lightside)

Commander/Trooper                 Immune: Pierce                Kenobi's Lightsaber: 6 Red Dice   Impact: 3   Pierce: 3

Movement: 2                                Charge

Health: 6                                        Deflect

Courage: 3                                     Master of the force: 1

Defense Dice: Red + surge

# of Force Powers: 3

I could see 4/2 or 2/4.  I think either is reasonable.  Depends on the points.  

Kenobi's One Pip command card:

Cinematic Death - At the end of Kenobi's activation he may remove himself from the board to give all other units on his side an aim token, a dodge token, and a free recover action.

1 hour ago, Brightguy said:

I could see 4/2 or 2/4.  I think either is reasonable.  Depends on the points.  

Kenobi's One Pip command card:

Cinematic Death - At the end of Kenobi's activation he may remove himself from the board to give all other units on his side an aim token, a dodge token, and a free recover action.

Personally, I'd go with him having a force ghost ability on his main card, if this character is defeated then one allied character gains an aim token and you may transfer one force power from this character to another character with the ability to take a force power even if all of their power slots are taken.

I think Old Ben should be thought of as the hermit he was, not a jumping combat machine. 

5 health, 1 move, 3 red att, red def dice, def surge, LOTS of cool force abilities.

Like a support Jedi.

I'd like to think Old Ben is a good chance to be somewhere between Vader and Luke. Yeah, he's old, and probably suffering from PTSD on a hot desert planet by the time we get to him. But he's also a grizzled vet, and has nothing but time to study the force in private. 

I think lightsabers are definitely a 6 die attack. I think he should have a higher courage than Luke and I definitely can see Master of the Force being one of his keywords. But I can see him as a speed 1 movement, maybe 2 if you remove charge. Definitely no jump at his age. Maybe something new to differentiate him from Luke. 

I don't see him as a commander. But I'd love to see him in the game. 

I would actually go with no combat abilities, some new support Force powers, and giving him Master of the Force 2. If Darth has that to represent greater facility with the Force than rookie Luke, Old Ben ought to have even greater competence.

6 red dice with 3 pierce is extremely powerful , what they should have done is made lightsabres like Luke's one and made all lightsabres like that. 3+ save is also crazy powerful, rough points would put him well over 200 points since he's pretty much Vader but better (better save and speed 2 move)

8 hours ago, Steelgolem said:

6 red dice with 3 pierce is extremely powerful , what they should have done is made lightsabres like Luke's one and made all lightsabres like that. 3+ save is also crazy powerful, rough points would put him well over 200 points since he's pretty much Vader but better (better save and speed 2 move)

Agreed. I would make minor changes so that he has a definite place but is not as deadly as Darth

I loved the 4B 2R dice someone else suggested and would make Ben just as slow as Darth. I would also knock his health down by 1 to reflect his old age.

Kenobi's Lightsaber: 4 Black Dice 2 Red Dice

Movement: 1                          

Health: 5                            

Now...a Kenobi in his prime would be VERY different, but this is The Hermit...

Edited by DangerShine Designs

I'd give Ben Kenobi 2 movement, 7 health, lightsaber attack of 2 red+4 black. He'd have Master of the Force at least.

I think he should have an ability to heal a wound on a trooper in base contact with him,like he did for Luke after he was beat up by Sandpeople.

He should also have an ability to scare a squad, like he did the same Sandpeople, perhaps he can nominate an enemy squad range 1 -  4 and impose 4 suppression tokens on them, making them very prone to panic.

Also, he should have the ability to become one with the force, where he can choose to remove himself from the table but in doing so will give some pretty great bonuses to a unit in LOS.  

These abilities could either be force power cards or command cards. 

On 7/4/2018 at 7:41 AM, Albertese said:

He should also have an ability to scare a squad, like he did the same Sandpeople, perhaps he can nominate an enemy squad range 1 -  4 and impose 4 suppression tokens on them, making them very prone to panic.

They all ready do, It’s called Jedi mind trick ? 

well if your going of a new hope I don’t recall seeing old Ben running any where  so maby he should have speed 1 .

As far as light Sabers go they should all be the same as I haven’t seen, read or been told one light Saber is more powerful than another . They should all be like Luke’s one

On 7/4/2018 at 3:41 AM, Albertese said:

Also, he should have the ability to become one with the force, where he can choose to remove himself from the table but in doing so will give some pretty great bonuses to a unit in LOS.  

These abilities could either be force power cards or command cards. 

A very simple "One with the Force/Force Ghost" effect could be that you may still use OWK Command Cards even if he has been removed from the battlefield. 

7 hours ago, Steelgolem said:

?

As far as light Sabers go they should all be the same as I haven’t seen, read or been told one light Saber is more powerful than another . They should all be like Luke’s one

I was under the impression that the saber damage was based on their skill with the weapon. 

While Old Ben is skilled beyond Luke, hence why Red Dice makes sense, Ben isn't a killing machine in his old age, in fact he kills no one in the OG Tri, hence why I suggested 3 red dice.

On 6/30/2018 at 8:58 AM, Son of Skywalker said:

Hey Legion lovers I would like to request your help through comments and ideas.  First off I just love "what if" scenarios and what better what if's then if Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi was still alive to help lead the rebellion.  I am looking to for point values, as well as if these abilities truly represent this character.  Also some cool ideas for Obi Wan Kenobi inspired command cards would be awesome!  

Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi (Lightside)

Commander/Trooper                 Immune: Pierce                Kenobi's Lightsaber: 6 Red Dice   Impact: 3   Pierce: 3

Movement: 2                                Charge

Health: 6                                        Deflect

Courage: 3                                     Master of the force: 1

Defense Dice: Red + surge

# of Force Powers: 3

He was an old man. Movement 1.