Sign in to follow this  
Scarloochie

X-Wing 2.0 App not available to all Regions?

Does anyone know if the 2.0 X-wing App will be available to download in unsupported regions like Singapore, Malaysia, etc., 

Please FFG, a World Champion is from these regions, at least let the AP be available. The Imperial Assault is region locked and unavailable to download here in Southeast Asia.

Edited by Scarloochie

I very much hope it will available to you, as you said having a Singaporean World Champ will hopefully count for something. X-wing is also the most popular table top game in the world right now, that's got to count for something too. 

If in the unfortunate case its unsupported; like others have said, there will be many ways to get around that. The website won't be restricted (otherwise you have no access), and there a few ways to get the android version on your phone without using the playstore. There may be issues in the apps connection to the database though, so the website is probably the easiest way to use the squad builder in the case the app is unsupported. They may even have an app specific for the region if necessary. Video games do that for the Chinese market all the time.

But fingers crossed you can gain access, they'd be silly to ostracize a clearly active part of the X-wing community for no good reason.

Heads up to us players in the unsupported regions without licenses (we used to have them... thanks Disney). We will have to be on the web-browser version.

Strangely enough, the FFG Dice app is available for a fee.... I wouldn't mind paying a fee for the app.  Really feels like being kicked by a Gamorrean guard... oh wells.

36499873_10155664248368596_7977533398744825856_n.png?_nc_cat=0&oh=162c328afe20c1ebe7265844a2819f0b&oe=5BD9633B

Edited by Scarloochie

5 minutes ago, tsondaboy said:

It looks like we will be playing 1.0 here in Japan after September too after all...

Dude I’m truly sorry for your luck in japan but I can’t even count how many cool things japan has kept for themselves both in games and anime. They’ll live.

" The web version will have all of the same features and tools to use to build your X-Wing Squad.  If you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to contact us again!"

Thank the maker the web version will have the same features.  Granted it's going to be a slight hassle to need web/data/wifi to access it on the go. However, still find it strange that the FFG official dice app is available for a fee in unsupported regions.  I'm ok with paying a reasonable fee to download it from the local playstore.

10 minutes ago, Scarloochie said:

" The web version will have all of the same features and tools to use to build your X-Wing Squad.  If you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to contact us again!"

Thank the maker the web version will have the same features.  Granted it's going to be a slight hassle to need web/data/wifi to access it on the go. However, still find it strange that the FFG official dice app is available for a fee in unsupported regions.  I'm ok with paying a reasonable fee to download it from the local playstore.

Dice app was probably grandfather claused under whatever license FFG previously held. 

This new app unfortunately must adhere to the mouse.

Rumor has it that for those with iPhones/iPad - it’s easy to create US accounts without a credit card and use it to just download the free stuff - regardless of region.  Only annoying thing is you can’t update the apps without logging into the US App Store...  Regardless though - it does suck that it may not be available...

On 7/2/2018 at 5:31 PM, Scarloochie said:

Strangely enough, the FFG Dice app is available for a fee.... I wouldn't mind paying a fee for the app.  Really feels like being kicked by a Gamorrean guard... oh wells.

The dice app has always cost a fee, regardless of your region. Here in ‘murica it is US$4.99. 

5 hours ago, Scarloochie said:

If they build it as a progressive web app, the card database could potentially be made available offline. It can also be supplied with a home button deployment for mobile devices, so that the web app runs in a browser with no url bar, making it function just like a native mobile app.

11 hours ago, Scarloochie said:

Yes, because FFG has never lied been mistaken in the past.

I have many, many bridges for sale ... ?