Cloaker

Rebel Bias Conspiracy example #226

In 1.0. It's quite possible the improved title, medium base, and illicit slot will push the Partisan Renegade to at least 41 points.

Also, if you're going to make up an arbitrarily high number for a Star Wars post, it better be 1138 or 3720. ?

Edited by Squark

1 hour ago, Skargoth said:

The trick is to throw more U-wings at the enemy. Have you TRIED 5 yet?

I certainly won't be forking out the cash for 3 more of the worst ship in the game, so.. no :P I have witnessed it though and I don't consider ramming and crashing 5 large bases into enemies, obstacles and themselves alike 'good'. 

2.0 U-wings look quite good however, but 1.0 U-wings are lost to me.

Edited by BVRCH

1 hour ago, player2422845 said:

Five punisher with no ordnance would be soooo bad... Half as bad as gozanti in star wars rebels.

5 punishers with ordnance would be very bad too :D

But in 2.0... oh boy. I hope I can fit 2 aces plus a bomber ace well built. None shall stand in my way.

4 hours ago, Cloaker said:

5 U-wings can be done. 3/2/4/4 stat line. That's 15 red dice, behind 40 total hit points. 

Dreaming to run 5 G1-As? Nope. 

Thinking about 5 Kimogilas? Nada. 

Wanting to fly 5 Punishers? Nyet. 

The truth is out there. 

To be fair, that just gives the rebels two choices of 5-ship, 3-dice heavy swarmer. Scum and Empire have both had three each for significantly longer:

• Rebel
    • Rookie Pilot - Renegade Refit, Flight Assist Astromech, Integrated Astromech, Servomotor S-Foils
    • Partisan Renegade - Collision Detector, Renegade Refit, Courier Droid
  • Scum
    • Cartel Marauder - Vaksai, XX-23 S-Thread Tracers, Contraband Cybernetics, Munitions Failsafe, Guidance Chips
    • Cartel Spacer - Heavy Scyk, Mangler Cannon
    • Zealous Recruit - No Upgrades
  • Empire
    • Scarif Defender - Adaptive Ailerons, Lightweight Frame
    • Scimitar Squadron Pilot - Unguided Rockets, Lightweight Frame
    • Alpha Squadron Pilot - Autothrusters

2 hours ago, Magnus Grendel said:
  • Empire
    • Scarif Defender - Adaptive Ailerons, Lightweight Frame
    • Scimitar Squadron Pilot - Unguided Rockets, Lightweight Frame
    • Alpha Squadron Pilot - Autothrusters

Where is my 5x Omega Squadron Pilots !!??!! :angry::angry::P:P

6 minutes ago, Arkanta974 said:

Where is my 5x Omega Squadron Pilots !!??!! :angry::angry::P:P

Hanging around with the 5 cruise missile Seinar Test Pilots, 5 Harpoon missile Scimitars, and 5 Snap Shot A-wings as stuff which comes 5-to-a-squad, and can kinda-sorta-almost claim to be equivalent to a 3 dice attack ship if you squint at it funny, but isn't really.

I'm not suggesting it's they're not good (they are!) but they're not a true 'heavy swarm' because a lot of their punch is one-use.

(in their case, come up against a 0-agility ghost or decimator and you'll feel the difference in raw firepower, however accurate what they actually have might be with optics and crack shot)

Edited by Magnus Grendel

I suspect a mix of Rookies and U-wings might be even better - it would only take one or two U-wings to provide a nice solid blocking threat whilst the flight assist Rookies play flanker (possibly only one, since "chopper" is a great choice for a blocking U-wing but obviously is unique).

Edited by Magnus Grendel

3 hours ago, Magnus Grendel said:

I suspect a mix of Rookies and U-wings might be even better - it would only take one or two U-wings to provide a nice solid blocking threat whilst the flight assist Rookies play flanker (possibly only one, since "chopper" is a great choice for a blocking U-wing but obviously is unique).

I suspect that three U-wings with action-economy upgrades paired with a T-65 ace will be the cream of the crop.

7 hours ago, BVRCH said:

I certainly won't be forking out the cash for 3 more of the worst ship in the game, so.. no :P I have witnessed it though and I don't consider ramming and crashing 5 large bases into enemies, obstacles and themselves alike 'good'. 

According to meta-wing, the worst in the game is the Scum Z-95 headhunter, followed closely by the TIE Interceptor, TIE Punisher, G-1A and Quadjumper. U-wings sit happily at 46th on the list. U-wings are awful, but so were b-wings from the beginning, and U-wings are simply buffed B-wings.

17 minutes ago, GreenDragoon said:

3x FCS and then a 34pt Wedge?

I was thinking the 29 point VI + BB-8 Poe, with each U-wing having FCS. Each U-wing gets a courier droid and one each of Rey, Jyn and Cassian/Ion Projector. I think the points work out there.

8 hours ago, imrandy85 said:

Yeah it's not like B-Wings ever won worlds.

5 hours ago, Forgottenlore said:

B-wings were one of the best ships when they were released. BBBBZ was a top list for quite a while. 

Should have specified - B-wings had awful manoeuvrability from the beginning. They're about on par with the U-wing in that regard, but have better jousting potential and are faster, so therefore they're a better ship.

15 hours ago, Astech said:

Should have specified - B-wings had awful manoeuvrability from the beginning. They're about on par with the U-wing in that regard, but have better jousting potential and are faster, so therefore they're a better ship.

They were actually considered quite nimble too. This is back when advanced sensors was the best upgrade in the game.