Jasper the Wasp

Very basic table-based character sheet for use in Word

I made a somewhat crude basic character sheet that is completely editable in Word and done solely using tables so that modification is trivial while I'm getting my head around the settings I'm building.

Also - for all it's faults - Word is a lot less hassle to type into than a PDF reader!

Apologies for any British spellings that might have crept in.

Basic Genesys character sheet.docx

That's great thanks!

I did say it was basic but it's useful to have something to hack around with whilst learning the system and developing a couple of settings I have in mind.

I've updated it with colour-coded boxes for the skills and abilities which will help when I play with my children (aged 6 and 9):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aoaHmuRfzFbjb1C62MezWj0n6IHsI8JM/view?usp=sharing

Thanks. I was planning on making my own for a homebrew setting. This will work great as a starting template.

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 7:08 AM, player3187278 said:

I've updated it with colour-coded boxes for the skills and abilities which will help when I play with my children (aged 6 and 9):

Have you played yet with your 6 and 9 year old already or just planning to? If the former, how did it go? I'm thinking this narrative system will work well with children, but haven't played with my 7 year old yet. At around 5-6 I used an online kid system I found and tweaked it to introduce her to RPG's (while adding in some basic math and word-learning to make it somewhat of an educational tool). It was ok and she liked it, but I'm thinking this narrative system would be perfect for children.

I introduced the narrative concept to her recently by just describing a simple encounter (no dice being rolled, made her make decisions) and she took to it instantly asking when we can start playing for real. Previously I took out some of the dice and she seemed to grasp the basic concepts of good/bad symbols/dice. :) She's 7, but reads constantly (a few books into Harry Potter) so I think she's finally at the point where I can continue her Padawan-Geek training?

Edited by Sturn