Jump to content
Sasajak

Phasma

Recommended Posts

She’s my Boba Fett.  So why isn’t she in the game?  She could be a crew or even a pilot.  She’d do anything to survive so what ability could she have?  What about something like Jerjerrod... 

When you are dealt a faceup Damage card, you may discard a Crew Upgrade card to repair that Damage card (without resolving its effect).

We’re already getting great characters like Ciena Ree for the Imperials.

I demand Phasma in the First Order 2.0 conversion kit!

kyloren2.gif

Plus Captain Grumpy from the Dreadnought.  He’s pretty cool too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sasajak said:

She’d do anything to survive so what ability could she have?

How about:
If the opponent is playing Finn, you may taunt him.  Then discard this card.

4 minutes ago, Sasajak said:

Plus Captain Grumpy from the Dreadnought.  He’s pretty cool too.

He was definitely my favorite character from TLJ.  Looks like with him the First Order lost their sole semi-competent leader.

Edited by JJ48

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, tortugatron said:

Obi-wan isn’t even in the game. Check your privilege. 

Because Obi-wan *hates* flying.

However, it is of note that Phasma does pilot a TIE/sf on a couple of occasions canonically - in books and comics.

Phasma’s ability would be all about sacrificing allies to come out ahead - underneath all that chrome, she is very scummy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ViscerothSWG said:

In each movie she shouted ineffectively then was pushed down a hole. Her armor was much better than most against blasters though. I'd tie her to the outside of my tie fighter for extra armor. Maybe a unique modification card 'Operation Phasma Shield'.

She’d be great paired with Jerjerrod. 

Edited by tortugatron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Sasajak said:

Plus Captain Grumpy from the Dreadnought.  He’s pretty cool too.

He goes by the name Captain Canady.

His ability should let you place all of your forces on the table 5 minutes before your opponent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

their sole semi-competent leader.

Maybe I'm misremembering - isn't he the one who complained they should have had their fighters launched five minutes ago as though he isn't the one responsible for ordering their fighters to be launched? Reminds me of Chris Grayling*.

*for those who don't follow UK politics he's the man in charge of public transport who, when there was a recent massive cockup with public transport, said he would find out who was responsible for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mazz0 said:

Maybe I'm misremembering - isn't he the one who complained they should have had their fighters launched five minutes ago as though he isn't the one responsible for ordering their fighters to be launched? Reminds me of Chris Grayling*.

*for those who don't follow UK politics he's the man in charge of public transport who, when there was a recent massive cockup with public transport, said he would find out who was responsible for it.

Depends.  Were the fighters on his ship and under his command?

I found it odd that they had this massive super-ship with inadequate anti-fighter firepower, and yet all the other ships stayed far away from it, rather than staying close enough to provide supporting fire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JJ48 said:

Depends.  Were the fighters on his ship and under his command?

I found it odd that they had this massive super-ship with inadequate anti-fighter firepower, and yet all the other ships stayed far away from it, rather than staying close enough to provide supporting fire.

I think so - didn't he launch them in the end?

It they want the First Order to seem intimidating, I think the first thing we need to see happen in episode IX is for Hux to have Kylo's ship blown up.  Kylo can escape, obviously.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JJ48 said:

Depends.  Were the fighters on his ship and under his command?

I found it odd that they had this massive super-ship with inadequate anti-fighter firepower, and yet all the other ships stayed far away from it, rather than staying close enough to provide supporting fire.

It'd think that if they were a proper space navy they'd always have a few fighters patrolling to protect their carriers and more at the ready in case of engagement. And that was the supreme leader's capital ship. The TIEs pouring out of it should have been Top Gun in space.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ViscerothSWG said:

It'd think that if they were a proper space navy they'd always have a few fighters patrolling to protect their carriers and more at the ready in case of engagement. And that was the supreme leader's capital ship. The TIEs pouring out of it should have been Top Gun in space.

Canady's wasn't the flagship; it was just the one with the massive guns.  It got destroyed, and Snoke's ship showed up later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The point is still a fair one - which he makes himself, I believe, with a comment when ordering the launch along the lines of 'like we should have done five minutes ago....'

 

EDIT: there we go.

Canady: "Reorient the topside batteries to target the Resistance fleet, and prep our fighters for launch."

Bridge officer: "General Hux ordered no fighter deployment - he feels a demonstration..."

Canady: "Do I need to explain the difference between 'prep for launch' and 'launch'?"

 

Hux: “Captain Canady, why aren’t you blasting that puny ship?!”

Canady: “That puny ship is too small and at too close range, we need to scramble our fighters… five bloody minutes ago...."

 

(Hux was annoyingly ranty in The Last Jedi but he just comes across as **** Dastardly-level incompetent in this film)

 

You can make her a TIE/sf Pilot if you like; as noted there was a chrome fighter model (might show up in 'Resistance'?).

I'd personally like to see more (outside X-wing) of Quickdraw* - something akin to a first order version of In The Empire's Service would be very cool - Cardinal is my favourite character in Phasma because it's nice to see vaguely competent, non-moustache-twirling-villain bad guys; I like Canady for the same reason.

 

* Who I and one or two others have assumed is the TIE/sf pilot on Kylo's wing who actually gets the job done.

Edited by Magnus Grendel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

Canady's wasn't the flagship; it was just the one with the massive guns.  It got destroyed, and Snoke's ship showed up later.

Ah. My bad. Have only seen it once.

Massive ship, indefensible guns. The design project must have been called Stardust 2. :)

Regarding that attack scene, I'm also curious why the bombers didn't attack from the underside. Then the bridge crew couldn't visually command their defense force. Sloppy rebels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ViscerothSWG said:

In each movie she shouted ineffectively then was pushed down a hole. Her armor was much better than most against blasters though. I'd tie her to the outside of my tie fighter for extra armor. Maybe a unique modification card 'Operation Phasma Shield'.

Yep. She is an utter waste of potential. Pointless character really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ViscerothSWG said:

Ah. My bad. Have only seen it once.

Massive ship, indefensible guns. The design project must have been called Stardust 2. :)

Regarding that attack scene, I'm also curious why the bombers didn't attack from the underside. Then the bridge crew couldn't visually command their defense force. Sloppy rebels.

Because if they weren't above it, they couldn't drop the bombs downwards. Because.....err....no sort of logically consistant physics?

On a more likely note, the reactor-dome-thing they were aiming for protruded topside. Given that the underside was designed to face the planet (and any Empire-strikes-back-style anti-orbit guns!) maybe it was only realistically vulnerable from above. It would (almost) justify the lack of ventral point defences.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Spider said:

Yep. She is an utter waste of potential. Pointless character really.

That's my main problem; she doesn't really do anything. She's more interesting in Phasma the novel, and the deleted scene where she shoots her own men when they find out what happened on starkiller base is good too, but that ended up on the cutting room floor.

I'd really have liked the guy who batters Finn senseless on takodana to have been Phasma. It'd instantly make her a more impressive character (and as an officer justify why random dude is carrying a melee weapon we see no other stormtrooper armed with).

Edited by Magnus Grendel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Her character's idea is solid and does make sense to exist.
What they did with her was inexcusable bs. She could have easily been the ultimate badass and they stuff her down a garbage chute (twice in a sense, even though the 2nd wasnt technically a garbage chute).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Magnus Grendel said:

That's my main problem; she doesn't really do anything. She's more interesting in Phasma the novel, and the deleted scene where she shoots her own men when they find out what happened on starkiller base is good too, but that ended up on the cutting room floor.

I'd really have liked the guy who batters Finn senseless on takodana to have been Phasma. It'd instantly make her a more impressive character (and as an officer justify why random dude is carrying a melee weapon we see no other stormtrooper armed with).

Nah, that's just how the military works.  You give every soldier a different weapon to keep your options open.  All the logistics happens offscreen, so who cares how big a headache it is for the quartermasters?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Phasma is basically there to "keep the morale up" among the troops a.k.a. ensuring they follow-orders and either send them to reeducation or terminate them for morale boost and heightened efficiency.
Sounds a little bit like what Vader (crew)'s ability was in 1.0. 

Captain Phasma (crew)
(First order only)
When attacking and after modifying, you may suffer 1 damage to add one hit result to your roll. 



 

Edited by Sciencius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...