player1683311

New Lotr card game podcast

I have a new Podcast for the game.  I know there are other great podcasts for the game, I hope this offers something different, as I focus on the encounter cards entirely.  I know others have done great work in blogs on this subject matter, but hopefully this will scratch the itch of anyone wanting this kind of content that they can listen to on their commute, while driving, ect.

The first episode covers Intruders in Chetwood, the second The Siege of Cair Andros, and the third my top ten thematic treacheries.  I'll have 3 more up tomorrow.  Soon I will have a webpage to keep all the links straight.  Thanks for reading, have fun QUESTING!

-Sweetness Whachacha

Here are the links...

========
Episode one, Intruders in Chetwood

========
Episode two-The Siege of Cair Andros

========
And Episode 3-Top Ten Thematic Treacheries

Hi, I'll add this to my playlist - I'm currently going through a backlog of Grey Company.

It may be an idea to add your podcast to the Podbean directory - they list Grey Company, Cardboard of the Rings, etc. It's how I get my feeds, at least. Quite a few solo board game casts, too.

8 hours ago, icabod said:

Hi, I'll add this to my playlist - I'm currently going through a backlog of Grey Company.

It may be an idea to add your podcast to the Podbean directory - they list Grey Company, Cardboard of the Rings, etc. It's how I get my feeds, at least. Quite a few solo board game casts, too.

Thanks for the suggestion!

7 hours ago, Wandalf the Gizzard said:

I'm always excited when community members make more content! Does your podcast have a name yet?

I hope it goes well!

Oh man haha I forgot the name, haha, The Mouth of Sauron

Would you consider making this available on Google Play Music?

Here's the link to submit your feed: https://play.google.com/music/podcasts/publish

I always love new content! You should mention this to cardboard of the rings, I'm sure they'd be happy to promote you on their show!

Good luck,

Stephen

16 hours ago, Dobrobass said:

Would you consider making this available on Google Play Music?

Here's the link to submit your feed: https://play.google.com/music/podcasts/publish

I always love new content! You should mention this to cardboard of the rings, I'm sure they'd be happy to promote you on their show!

Good luck,

Stephen

Thanks I did!

And according to libsyn, the hosting service I use, it should be connected to that. I'm still learning however so I'll look at it again....

Thanks for the kind words and suggestions!  Have a great day

Thanks so much for your suggestion! 

I'm really bad with online stuff, don't use Facebook or Instagram or Twitter, never used Reddit. I only just started using these forums. I feel like my presence online is less known than hobbits are to Treebeard...no no I don't see your podcast here in the old song....

Although although bullgator and sappidus since your 2 comments I've jumped from sixty something downloads to 77 for my first 6 episodes hooray!  So thanks!  I recorded a few more and have to load them up, thought I'd have em up by now but that's how it goes

If I can figure out how to add it to Player FM  (The app I use to listen to podcasts) I'll be sure to download it! It doesn't look hard to do; already found their FAQ on how to add a new/missing RSS feed to their database so shouldn't be too hard.

have listened to them all except episode 9, really great work, have enjoyed listening to them all a ton thus far. thought I would mention one thing quickly though, the "Get that dwarf" treachery from Trouble in Tharbad actually works a little differently. I thought it worked the same way at first but that seemed overly brutal, if Nalir is exhausted he can't even defend and would die immediately! I posted about it on the forums and someone explained how it really works, the treachery simply results in the chosen enemy declaring an attack against the player who controls Nalir not Nalir himself so you can block with any ready character to protect Nalir and keep him alive. If you take the attack undefended however you must place the damage on Nalir. This should hopefully make the quest a lot easier for you in the future!!

here is the thread for reference: 

Edited by PsychoRocka

Thanks so much for the feedback (It is nice to get some, you are the second to listen and offer it!) and I'm so glad you enjoyed listening to the episodes!

You know I hadn't thought about him being exhausted, that's a great point. I feel pretty confident that I interpreted the card in a reasonable way, but it's great to know that it has some additional rulings to make it more balanced. Thanks for taking the time to let me know!  And that quest is definitely on the easier side, but that card has ended the game for me in the past for sure. Nice to know I might have pulled out a victory, most of the time you have an asterix on a victory, now I guess I have an asterix on a defeat! Haha

Thanks again have a great day!

Just wanted to let you know I successfully added this to the PlayerFM app so I could download it. It's a great app for podcasts if anyone else is looking for one. I generally just listen during the week so I won't get a chance to listen till Monday.

I'm not sure if there's a way for you to optimize the search or anything like that, but here's the website for the app in case you wanted to see it on there.  Not sure if it matters really, but the icon in my app is the little guy in the MP3 player car thing on your RSS feed page. https://player.fm/

That's very kind and awesome of you! Thank you so much!  I'll have to look into it more on how to take advantage of linking libsyn to various other outlets. Just have to manage my time and I prefer to get more content out over researching that stuff I guess!

Thanks very much again!