Sign in to follow this  
Buhallin

Is the RtNotZ storage as awful as I think it is?

16 hours ago, Mburnaugh64 said:

I've been looking, only thing I've found are Ultra Pro post card sleeves but then you'd have to cut the down to size. 

https://www.amazon.com/Ultra-Pro-Postcard-Sleeves44-Sleeves/dp/B001A3BEW4/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1531006714&sr=8-4&keywords=postcard+sleeves

thank you very much. I looked into my box where i store all my sleeves and found "4" x 6" Ultra Pro Soft Sleeves" (These fit the Investigator and Ancient One sheets from Eldritch Horror) and tried these. The sleeve wraps around the short side of the divider almost exactly one time. The width of the sleeve fits the box perfectly. Alas this means also that the sleeves are too wide for the separator cards. Nevertheless, i am pleased with the result

This is my first ever RPG card game and I'm loving it that I immediately bought the RNotZ set.

However, I'm unsure on how cards should be stored. If I store them running with the box there's no room for the player cards (you can see the cards left out on the right of the box). However, if I store them running against the box they fit VERY snug and I can even include all the player cards for the NotZ and RNotZ. But like I mentioned it's VERY snug and I can't pull the cards out correctly without fear of damaging them. I'm thinking of just squishing the insert a little to see if that will alleviate the pressure. 

Funny thing is, before I read this thread I turned the insert upside down and thought the cards were supposed to go in there. It wasn't until a person mentioned "file cabinet" that I was aware on how it's stored (I still am unsure) Haha! You can clearly see I've never had storage for card games before. 

Overall I like the box and LOVE the art, I'll keep the cards stored so I can fit the player cards in as well for times when I don't play the game for long periods. I like the file cabinet look. 

HorizontalRS.jpg

VerRS.jpg

I already stored the adventure set cards in special collection boxes with vertical dividers for both LotR and AH LCG. The player cards are kept in card binders within a map so I can build decks with ease.

I found no use for this FFG box. So for the moment I stored the AH stand alone adventures in them with original plastic packaging. But frankly this box is so akward I don’t see its functionality at all if you use standard storing boxes.

I only purchased this advanced version of the basic box for the few player cards. Not interested  in yet more challenges of the same basic adventures.

19 hours ago, RadiantHawk said:

This is my first ever RPG card game and I'm loving it that I immediately bought the RNotZ set.

However, I'm unsure on how cards should be stored. If I store them running with the box there's no room for the player cards (you can see the cards left out on the right of the box). However, if I store them running against the box they fit VERY snug and I can even include all the player cards for the NotZ and RNotZ. But like I mentioned it's VERY snug and I can't pull the cards out correctly without fear of damaging them. I'm thinking of just squishing the insert a little to see if that will alleviate the pressure. 

Funny thing is, before I read this thread I turned the insert upside down and thought the cards were supposed to go in there. It wasn't until a person mentioned "file cabinet" that I was aware on how it's stored (I still am unsure) Haha! You can clearly see I've never had storage for card games before. 

Overall I like the box and LOVE the art, I'll keep the cards stored so I can fit the player cards in as well for times when I don't play the game for long periods. I like the file cabinet look. 

HorizontalRS.jpg

VerRS.jpg

I see a body kun :)

Edited by aenima

The space to the side isn't a problem to me, although I wish that the insert was slightly shorter (with FFG sleeves, the cards are so tightly crammed in the space left that you pretty much have to take them all out to get any out).  And while I agree with the tabbed dividers, I think the bigger thing for me would be plasticard dividers...those thin cardstock ones will end up bent or torn. 

I tried different card storage solution, but they all run out of space at some point, as the card pook keeps increasing.

The box itself works if you fill it with cards completely (in my case rtnotz and dunwich campaigns), but missing static dividers is a real problem. So if you remove a set of cards you have to remember where you removed them. Additionally, all other cards will fall on themselves, potentially causing a mess, if you don't put something in the empty space.

12 hours ago, django042 said:

I tried different card storage solution, but they all run out of space at some point, as the card pook keeps increasing.

The box itself works if you fill it with cards completely (in my case rtnotz and dunwich campaigns), but missing static dividers is a real problem. So if you remove a set of cards you have to remember where you removed them. Additionally, all other cards will fall on themselves, potentially causing a mess, if you don't put something in the empty space.

Try talking to someone like Broken Token. It may be that they want to offer one if enough people ask for one.