Albertese

Speculation on Future Commanders?

I'd say that the safest bet is Chewbacca as an operative will be hitting shelves Q4. Possibly will be accompanied with Rebel Hoth Troopers, or fan favorite Wookiees Unit.

I'm really hoping that Krennic and the Death Troopers will be the Imperial's third commander, but I'm not 100% sold that they are ready to venture outside of the OT yet. I'm thinking that they will wait to release Krennic along side Saw and his Renegades. But who knows...I guess FFG does XD

30 minutes ago, Qwrety77 said:

Getting them on swoops would be awesome, and I don't even play rebels!

I mean, they do mounted and dismounted hero units in Runewars… Why not here as well? ?

2 hours ago, KILODEN said:

uh oh,

looks like a generic imperial officer is on the way.

and the nay Sayers have what to say now????????

That FFG released a misleading statement regarding named characters and Commanders? I am interested to see if the army composition rules have a further change incoming requiring a unique Operative or Commander. Also, I will note that from their cards the generics are literally just cheaper, toned down versions of Veers and Leia. 

I will also point out that a list with only a generic commander would make the one pip Imperial Only command card's special ability moot (until/unless more faction only or generic command cards are released), since it allows you to peek at two cards of your opponent's command hand. 

1 minute ago, Caimheul1313 said:

That FFG released a misleading statement regarding named characters and Commanders? I am interested to see if the army composition rules have a further change incoming requiring a unique Operative or Commander. Also, I will note that from their cards the generics are literally just cheaper, toned down versions of Veers and Leia. 

I will also point out that a list with only a generic commander would make the one pip Imperial Only command card's special ability moot (until/unless more faction only or generic command cards are released), since it allows you to peek at two cards of your opponent's command hand. 

You and I are on the same page. 

The set comes with three generic command cards. I believe they can be used with the unique commanders as well. 

3 minutes ago, WAC47 said:

You and I are on the same page. 

The set comes with three generic command cards. I believe they can be used with the unique commanders as well. 

Yes, from the hi(er)-rez images uploaded here the new generic command cards do not have a picture on them tying them to a specific commander. They are restricted by faction only. 

Edit: So the new 1-pip Imperial card is only really effective against an army with a non-generic commander/operative, as there are now 9 cards that could be taken to fill 6 slots (3 Commander/Operative specific cards, 3 Core set Generics, 3 Faction Generics). 

Edited by Caimheul1313