StupidPanic

Star Wars U-wing Miniatures Game!

13 hours ago, Rat of Vengence said:

One PS1 blocker, and your day is ruined :P

(edit; with an initiative bid of course...)

Image result for star wars gif collision

Not if you set up like this:

___>____^__^__^____<___

Arrows point in direction of current facing. Since you set up before most of your opponents ships, this setup will allow for you to converge on your target without your whole formation being blocked by a single TIE or A-wing. if your opponent sets up center, you can bank or turn your outside ships towards the enemy and have the center ships slow roll until the res show up. if they set up on one side, you can turn the closest one towards them, and have the rest bank at high speed. if they set up on both sides, you can have the outside ones turn to the enemy, and have the rest bank toward whichever side you need them on. not that hard to avoid that much of a dumpster fire.

On 6/28/2018 at 2:07 AM, GLEXOR said:

___>____^__^__^____<___

Arrows point in direction of current facing. Since you set up before most of your opponents ships, this setup will allow for you to converge on your target without your whole formation being blocked by a single TIE or A-wing. if your opponent sets up center, you can bank or turn your outside ships towards the enemy and have the center ships slow roll until the res show up. if they set up on one side, you can turn the closest one towards them, and have the rest bank at high speed. if they set up on both sides, you can have the outside ones turn to the enemy, and have the rest bank toward whichever side you need them on. not that hard to avoid that much of a dumpster fire.

That would certainly reduce the risk, good plan :)

Image result for star wars gif good work

On 6/28/2018 at 4:18 PM, Jo Jo said:

Yeah, no way 5 are going to fit into a 2.0 squad. Medium base and the title buffs would push that squad into the OP realm.

Yeah,

I think 5; I think FFG have used the opertunity to use wave 14 as a bridge between editions, and prepare player expectations.

Wave 14 includes both 2.0 materials and some 1.0 cost adjustments. No one was crying out for a uwing fix and yet it was made cheaper! Why?

It’s worth noting FFG have just reduced the point cost of the X-Wing and Uwing to the magical 20pt 5 ship swarm level!

Encourages player to buy 5  xwings or uwings like this and then taking that away 3 short months later would be a **** move!*

Plus reducing the u-wing to a smaller base it covers less table so it’s not as good for table control.

Also easier to ion and Tractor beam.

Also smaller bases have smaller fire arcs

Also smaller bases travel slower.

This I think offsets the new title.

*I don’t think FFG are ****s! So I’m assuming 5 xwings and 5uwing! That’s why I’ve gone ahead and bought 5 PS1 uwings :)

Panic...

Edited by StupidPanic
Tidy up and filtering.

On 6/27/2018 at 5:07 PM, GLEXOR said:

___>____^__^__^____<___

Yeah,

I run the Uswarm on Wednesday against a Striker swarm! 

Very interesting game!

my set up was 

________________>__^___________>__>__^__

After the first turn I was like this 

uyMwcNH_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

The middle pair flew straight to the top behind the strikers and flipped to come back down.

Every thing on the right turned in and then used lots of stops and bumps to hold the centre.

In a few turns of combat I exchanged 1 uwing and a bunch of shields and hull for 3 strikers and a whole bunch of damage.

The game wasn’t finished due to time my opponent conceded it was a Uwing victory.

Panic...

Edited by StupidPanic
Tidy up.

1 hour ago, StupidPanic said:

No one was crying out for a uwing fix and yet it was made cheaper! Why?

I was crying out for it!! I desperately wanted to fly that beauty, and now I can!!

1 hour ago, StupidPanic said:

Yeah,

I ran the Uswarm on Wednesday against a Striker swarm! Very interesting game! my set up was: 

________________>__^___________>__>__^__

After the first turn I was like this: 

uyMwcNH_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

The middle pair flew straight to the top behind the strikers and flipped to come back down. Every thing on the right turned in and then used lots of stops and bumps to hold the centre. In a few turns of combat I exchanged 1 uwing and a bunch of shields and hull for 3 strikers and a whole bunch of damage. The game wasn’t finished due to time my opponent conceded it was a Uwing victory.

Panic...

I cried a little bit when I read this. I think I might need to cry a little bit more. Those poor TIE strikers!

2 hours ago, StupidPanic said:

Yeah,

I think 5; I think FFG have used the opertunity to use wave 14 as a bridge between editions, and prepare player expectations.

Wave 14 includes both 2.0 materials and some 1.0 cost adjustments. No one was crying out for a uwing fix and yet it was made cheaper! Why?

It’s worth noting FFG have just reduced the point cost of the X-Wing and Uwing to the magical 20pt 5 ship swarm level!

Encourages player to buy 5  xwings or uwings like this and then taking that away 3 short months later would be a **** move!*

Plus reducing the u-wing to a smaller base it covers less table so it’s not as good for table control.

Also easier to ion and Tractor beam.

Also smaller bases have smaller fire arcs

Also smaller bases travel slower.

This I think offsets the new title.

*I don’t think FFG are ****s! So I’m assuming 5 xwings and 5uwing! That’s why I’ve gone ahead and bought 5 PS1 uwings :)

Panic...

If there is an option to include 5 X-Wings or 5 U-Wings, I demand at least 6 Interceptors, and 7 strikers. 

The problem is not what 5 ships can do... It's what is comparable when looking at other ships. A PS 1 Xwing is better than a PS 1 Interceptor... Like much better. They shouldn't cost the same. 

It might be a d*ck move to bait people into buying 5 U-Wings, but having 5 X-Wings without a significant points decrease on other ships just proves their...

r e b e l   b i a s 

And is also a d*ck move when considering the Interceptor. 

On 6/26/2018 at 7:06 PM, StupidPanic said:

Yeah,

Thanks FFG!

I’m all set now for the end of 1.0

9YT7WPh_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

And I’m totally ready for 2.0 :)

4rceOcX_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Cheers!

Panic!

Um, you spent $200 on U-Wings?

6 minutes ago, Do I need a Username said:

you didn't?

Ha! Nope. I bought just 1. X-Wing is in a holding pattern for me until 2.0. Im pretty much just into legion now. It’s so much fun.