Sign in to follow this  
Ayleron

Renegade U-wing illicits

I just saw the rigged cargo chute card and noticed it is available to large and medium ships. That would mean we can throw it on the Renegade U-wing for fun and profit. 

To those who have flown both u-wings and ships with the cargo chute in the past separately do you think this combo will be useful in 2.0 play? 

16 minutes ago, Ayleron said:

I just saw the rigged cargo chute card and noticed it is available to large and medium ships. That would mean we can throw it on the Renegade U-wing for fun and profit. 

To those who have flown both u-wings and ships with the cargo chute in the past separately do you think this combo will be useful in 2.0 play? 

We don’t even know if you can put an illicit on a U-Wing in 2.0. My guess is you can’t. 

10 hours ago, jwilliamson12 said:

I think it may have potential. Since they're still so slow and awkward, throwing one behind you will at least make your opponent think twice before having to K-Turn behind your ship. 

It there ever becomes an ability to do an action while stressed for a negative effect, it could make an interesting carrier as you could 180/90 and just drop the debris cloud where you want. However, this also seems very much against the ethos of 2.0 so who knows.

53 minutes ago, Ebak said:

It there ever becomes an ability to do an action while stressed for a negative effect, it could make an interesting carrier as you could 180/90 and just drop the debris cloud where you want. However, this also seems very much against the ethos of 2.0 so who knows.

True, but at least it would be capped at once-per-game effect for the U-Wing, as I assume it will only have one illicit slot.

2 hours ago, Ebak said:

This would be a really cool to pull off. If you have ap-5 and a Partisan Renegade. Partisan rotates first and then Ap-5 let's it use an action while stressed to dump the cargo. 

14 hours ago, jwilliamson12 said:

I think it may have potential. Since they're still so slow and awkward, throwing one behind you will at least make your opponent think twice before having to K-Turn behind your ship. 

it is for that exact reason one of my favorite lists was Cassian with Snapshot, enhanced scopes, sabine, cluster mines :)