Sign in to follow this  
Boba Rick

CasterMaster

I'm wondering if anyone here has played this list.  How does it do against Defenders and Gunboats?  Specifically maybe against a Ryad/Vessery/HLC Gunboat list?

What does it beat easily and what does it struggle with?

Thanks.

Asajj Ventress (Lancer-class Pursuit Craft): Glitterstim * Glitterstim * Lone Wolf * Latts Razzi
Dengar (JumpMaster 5000): Punishing One * Countermeasures * Expertise * Maul 

Not that specific list, but I've seen a similar list played locally; changes being Dengar crew for the scout, no CM, add the title to Asajj.

That's a nasty combo against small ships because the scout can block, then Asajj hits with the title to tractor the target off, and the scout followed up with 4 dice modified vs -1 agility target. Brutal for aces, rough on defenders, can ruin the day of Nymiranda...

5 minutes ago, nitrobenz said:

Not that specific list, but I've seen a similar list played locally; changes being Dengar crew for the scout, no CM, add the title to Asajj.

That's a nasty combo against small ships because the scout can block, then Asajj hits with the title to tractor the target off, and the scout followed up with 4 dice modified vs -1 agility target. Brutal for aces, rough on defenders, can ruin the day of Nymiranda...

No tractoring in this list though.

I've played some Boba/Asajj and it easts small base ships for lunch.

I feel like Maul+expertise is going to be less effective than Dengar because it forces you to focus convert before reroll; a blank reroll to focus by Maul gets you nothing from expertise.

It's worth noting that Maul does give you the option to reroll more dice, that comes with stress penalties even if you do hit since he only removes one.

This list (with K4 instead of Maul) is played regularly in my area, and I've played against it a few times.

It smashes most 2 ship lists. It also loves to beat up any slow moving ships as its a very fast list. It struggles against wookiees (asajj stress helps a bit) and any 3+ ship lists that can hit relatively hard. If Dengar gets focused down and removed before the opponent loses a ship, Asajj doesn't have much of a chance after that.

Mrs. Rick wanted to try something other than GUNBOATs last night.  I flew Palob atanni linked to Guri, and PTL Fenn Rau, first time. 

It went very bad for Mrs. Rick.  She's going back to GUNBOATS on Friday and I'm going to fly my Joustero list against her and we'll see what happens.